Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 am

[Ten Forward]

Leela stood outside the entrance to the lounge, she was notoriously late for everything. "Computer, time." She ordered prior to entering the room. "The current time is 1728 hours." The computer replied. "Early! Hot damn Kaz!" Leela was so accustomed to being late that she took a moment to congratulate herself. Gabe would likely be thrilled if the could bring this punctuality to her duty shifts.

She walked through the doors and scanned the room for the young ordnance officer that she had met earlier in sickbay. She wasn't entirely certain why she had agreed to this encounter. His chances of sweeping her off of her feet were slim to none, yet here she was. It was apparent that she had beaten him to the lounge. She made her way to the replicator and ordered a coffee and a scone. Leela then made her way across the room and took a seat on the couch in front of the window. The ship was holding position and the stars were as beautiful as ever, a view that the Trill never tired of.

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 pm

What a week, Conor thought to himself, rubbing his temples as he stepped off the turbolift. He smiled a little bit, though, when he remembered just what it was he was making way to the crew lounge for. With everything that had happened on the ship in the past few days, Conor had been sure that Leela'd forgotten about their semi-date the two had set. Just coffee, nothing serious. It had been a slight surprise, however, when he'd received a personal message from her asking if they were still on. The answer had been, of course, an emphatic 'yes'.

Conor quietly slipped through the lounge doors, his lanky frame moving with surprising grace. He didn't get to see as much of these interiors as he'd like to, what with his sec/tac duties, and the added stress of working directly with Captain T'Koris. Thus, he was glad for the excuse to be here, and because of who he was with.

"You're early," he grinned. "Do I have to call you 'ma'am', since we're off-duty?"

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Leela smiled and stood up as Conor approached her position near the window. She wasn't entirely certain what she had gotten herself into. With a light laugh she began to speak. "Don't get used to me being early." She sat back down and motioned that her should follow her lead. With a sip of her beverage she continued. "And you don't have to call me 'ma'am' when we are on duty, certainly not off duty." She chuckled. "Leela will suffice."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled and stood up as Conor approached her position near the window. She wasn't entirely certain what she had gotten herself into. With a light laugh she began to speak. "Don't get used to me being early." She sat back down and motioned that her should follow her lead. With a sip of her beverage she continued. "And you don't have to call me 'ma'am' when we are on duty, certainly not off duty." She chuckled. "Leela will suffice."

"Alright," Conor grinned. "I'll remember that. And," he added, as a mischievous gleam flashed in his brown eyes, "if I see you running late to a shift, I promise I won't report it to anyone." Conor made a 'silence' gesture, touching his index finger to his lip.

Taking the offered seat, Conor leaned back a little as he relaxed into the chair. "So. What're we drinking? I don't suppose we can get any real alcohol here. Besides...it is kinda only the afternoon." He wasn't sure if Leela was going to stick around for a full lunch or not, so he decided to wait and follow suit with whatever she did.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Leela mirrored his mischievous grin. "Thanks for not turning me in." She took a sip of her coffee. "Coffee, its still a bit too early for the good stuff. Well at least by conventional standards." She laughed and tapped the young man on the shoulder. "I, on the other hand, am always ready for a stiff drink. I could go for a strong glass of Vulcan Brandy right about now. It was a hell of a day in the engine room. Today was my first day back following the accident."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela mirrored his mischievous grin. "Thanks for not turning me in." She took a sip of her coffee. "Coffee, its still a bit too early for the good stuff. Well at least by conventional standards." She laughed and tapped the young man on the shoulder. "I, on the other hand, am always ready for a stiff drink. I could go for a strong glass of Vulcan Brandy right about now. It was a hell of a day in the engine room. Today was my first day back following the accident."

"Vulcan brandy...can't say as I've had it," Conor quietly said, his mind slipping momentarily back to the day Leela referred to. He'd watched his department head shot down right in front of him, taken out by some alien beam weapon that literally removed her heart. "I guess it is a little early," he grinned, catching a passing member of the service staff and ordering a cold sarsparilla. It was one of his favorite drinks, and reminded him of his childhood.

He steepled his fingers, leaning forward a little. "You've bounced back from the accident, that's for sure."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Leela laughed along with Conor. "Well maybe one day I'll introduce you to the wonders of Vulcan Brandy." The laughter increased as she brushed against his elbow with her hand. "For a race of people committed to the purge of logic, they sure do make a great brandy. I like to think of it as repressed emotion in a glass bottle."

The joy drained from her expression as he mentioned the accident. "Yeah, it was pretty bad. I can't help but to think that it was my fault. I should of seen that that console was about to explode. But nope... I missed it." She took a sip of her coffee as she pondered the entire situation.

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:54 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela laughed along with Conor. "Well maybe one day I'll introduce you to the wonders of Vulcan Brandy." The laughter increased as she brushed against his elbow with her hand. "For a race of people committed to the purge of logic, they sure do make a great brandy. I like to think of it as repressed emotion in a glass bottle."

The joy drained from her expression as he mentioned the accident. "Yeah, it was pretty bad. I can't help but to think that it was my fault. I should of seen that that console was about to explode. But nope... I missed it." She took a sip of her coffee as she pondered the entire situation.

"Nobody can see everything," Conor replied, his own voice rather quiet. "Especially not when everything's falling to hell around our ears." Nothing in basic training or his EPC had made him any more ready to see good people taken down right in front of him. "But...hey. We're both here to tell the tale. That's gotta count for something, right?"

He smiled to the waiter as the man brought the ordered drink to the table. Conor took a long sip of it, enjoying the earthy effervescence. "So. What say we talk about something nicer? How long have you been on the ship?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:11 am

Leela smiled and nodded as Conor suggested that they change subjects. "Maybe you're right, perhaps its best if we change the subject." She stared past Conor as she contemplated all of the decisions made that day, in the engine room.

"I'm about seven months into my assignment. It really is a great place to be. This crew is pretty great. At least the engineering teams."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled and nodded as Conor suggested that they change subjects. "Maybe you're right, perhaps its best if we change the subject." She stared past Conor as she contemplated all of the decisions made that day, in the engine room.

"I'm about seven months into my assignment. It really is a great place to be. This crew is pretty great. At least the engineering teams."

"It's certainly not a boring place to work," Conor replied, smiling slightly. "Whatever else, you gotta give it that." He took another drink from his glass, gently pushing it off to one side afterwards. "I imagine the engine room is a rather frantic place to be at times. Though..." he grinned, "the bridge isn't that much fun, either. Honestly? I'd rather be down the armory, counting warheads or something."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Leela followed Conor's lead and set her drink to the side. She leaned in close, as if she was sharing a secret. "You know, I can't stomach being on the bridge. I don't know how you do it. I don't know..." She paused collecting her thoughts. "...I just... Its those bridge officers. They are always a piece of work. I should know." She let out a slight laugh. "Ive been one. They act like they own the universe. Its not just on the Phoenix, its all of them... On every ship."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela followed Conor's lead and set her drink to the side. She leaned in close, as if she was sharing a secret. "You know, I can't stomach being on the bridge. I don't know how you do it. I don't know..." She paused collecting her thoughts. "...I just... Its those bridge officers. They are always a piece of work. I should know." She let out a slight laugh. "Ive been one. They act like they own the universe. Its not just on the Phoenix, its all of them... On every ship."

Conor certainly didn't have any problem with Leela leaning in close to him...no matter what the reason. "Believe you me, Miss Kaz..." he grinned, stroking his chin. "I know a thing or two about bridge officers." He honestly had no idea if Leela knew that his father was a flag officer or not. Maybe it would come up later, but it wasn't something he waved like a banner.

He picked up the drink, taking another sip to re-gather his own thoughts. "Bridge officers kinda are their own universe. I guess it's a good way to put it. Tonnes of hardware, enough firepower to level a civilization, hundreds of lives, the bleeding edge of humanoid advancement...all at your fingertips? Honestly, if you don't feel larger than life, I dunno why you'd want a captain's chair in the first place."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Leela smiled along with Conor. As he moved in closer she didn't flinch or push him away. She wasn't certain what it meant. She was certainly having a good time. It didn't mean that it was love or even lust, she was simply taking in her surroundings and enjoying the moment.

A dismissive gesture escaped with her left hand. "The captains chair, who needs it?" She tucked her left hand under her chin. "Ive been there and done that, in another lifetime. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Standoffs with the Klingons, status reports, crew evaluations and battle readiness reports. I would rather be elbow deep in the ships innards."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled along with Conor. As he moved in closer she didn't flinch or push him away. She wasn't certain what it meant. She was certainly having a good time. It didn't mean that it was love or even lust, she was simply taking in her surroundings and enjoying the moment.

A dismissive gesture escaped with her left hand. "The captains chair, who needs it?" She tucked her left hand under her chin. "Ive been there and done that, in another lifetime. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Standoffs with the Klingons, status reports, crew evaluations and battle readiness reports. I would rather be elbow deep in the ships innards."

Attention perking up again, Conor raised an inquisitive eyebrow as Leela started talking about her past. "I've honestly always wondered about all that. The thing with the lives?" he continued, taking a sip. "It must almost be like living in multiple times at once. I mean...Klingons? That's history. And not just reading it in a data file. You lived it."

He paused a moment, tapping his lower lip. "I've always wondered about them, you know. What it was like. Things always seemed a bit more wild back then, y'know? They always seem like simpler times. But I'm sure they weren't."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Leela smiled and nodded as Conor spoke. She sometimes forgot that to everyone else it was history, to her it may as well have been yesterday. She could remember the sights and sounds so vividly. The voice of the Klingon Captain during the long standoffs near the border. "Space was somewhat different back then. And being in Starfleet was very different. I..." She paused to sort out her pronouns, as she often had to. "I mean, Juval, yes Juval. Spent several years in command of the Excelsior. It was so different back then. Threat of war with Klingon's stood around every corner. Romulans were still a mystery to us. Huge swaths of the Alpha Quadrant was still unexplored. To put it in human terms, it was like living in the old wild west. We were a lot more likely to pull a phaser and a lot less likely to consider the prime directive or the implications of our actions. Honestly, its a wonder the lot of us ever survived that era." She chuckled and reached for her drink.

"Remind me sometime, i'll tell you the story about Juvals standoff with a bird of prey in the Archanis sector." Her chuckle caused a brief pause and that bled into an audible sigh. "Those were the days Conor, those were the days." She raised up her coffee is a traditional human gesture. "To the good old days. Gone but not forgotten."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:07 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled and nodded as Conor spoke. She sometimes forgot that to everyone else it was history, to her it may as well have been yesterday. She could remember the sights and sounds so vividly. The voice of the Klingon Captain during the long standoffs near the border. "Space was somewhat different back then. And being in Starfleet was very different. I..." She paused to sort out her pronouns, as she often had to. "I mean, Juval, yes Juval. Spent several years in command of the Excelsior. It was so different back then. Threat of war with Klingon's stood around every corner. Romulans were still a mystery to us. Huge swaths of the Alpha Quadrant was still unexplored. To put it in human terms, it was like living in the old wild west. We were a lot more likely to pull a phaser and a lot less likely to consider the prime directive or the implications of our actions. Honestly, its a wonder the lot of us ever survived that era." She chuckled and reached for her drink.

"Remind me sometime, i'll tell you the story about Juvals standoff with a bird of prey in the Archanis sector." Her chuckle caused a brief pause and that bled into an audible sigh. "Those were the days Conor, those were the days." She raised up her coffee is a traditional human gesture. "To the good old days. Gone but not forgotten."

"Archanis, huh?" Conor replied, his brown eyes twinkling with the nostalgia inherent to those who romanticize history through reading about it. "Bet they were D12's, weren't they?" He raised his glass in mirror to her own, inclining his head slightly. "Good old days."

This drink ended what he had in the glass, so Conor set it aside. "What's it like, though? To have different people inside your head? Do you feel like you're them, or they're you? Are you decades...or centuries old, or are you..." he drawled, smiling playfully, "the dazzlingly attractive woman sitting across this table from me?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:14 am

Leela nodded as Conor spoke. "Yep D 12's! You know your history." She was impressed with the fact that Conor knew what a D12 battle cruiser was.

She pondered his questions for a moment as she took another sip. "I guess its not really much different from the way you experience a memory. Just sometimes, mine happen to be someone else's memories. It really is an odd feeling. In so many ways I feel like the young woman I appear to be. But in some ways, when I'm in engineering working, I sometimes feel out of place. I remember what its like to bear the weight of war and peace. I remember contemplating those decisions and losing sleep at the fear of making the wrong move and plunging Starfleet into a costly war." She fiddled with her com badge, knowing that she wasn't making much sense. "Look at it this way; I don't have any kids and I really don't think I want any. But I can remember, so vividly being a parent. All of the hopes, fears, and aspirations you have for the kids you bring into this universe. I remember the panic when Preta's oldest son nearly died of an unknown illness. Its all so vivid. So how old am I?" She laughed at the prospect. "I guess it depends on the perspective you choose to view it form. I am somewhere between 26 and 419 years old."

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela nodded as Conor spoke. "Yep D 12's! You know your history." She was impressed with the fact that Conor knew what a D12 battle cruiser was.

She pondered his questions for a moment as she took another sip. "I guess its not really much different from the way you experience a memory. Just sometimes, mine happen to be someone else's memories. It really is an odd feeling. In so many ways I feel like the young woman I appear to be. But in some ways, when I'm in engineering working, I sometimes feel out of place. I remember what its like to bear the weight of war and peace. I remember contemplating those decisions and losing sleep at the fear of making the wrong move and plunging Starfleet into a costly war." She fiddled with her com badge, knowing that she wasn't making much sense. "Look at it this way; I don't have any kids and I really don't think I want any. But I can remember, so vividly being a parent. All of the hopes, fears, and aspirations you have for the kids you bring into this universe. I remember the panic when Preta's oldest son nearly died of an unknown illness. Its all so vivid. So how old am I?" She laughed at the prospect. "I guess it depends on the perspective you choose to view it form. I am somewhere between 26 and 419 years old."

"You don't look a day over 390," Conor chuckled, flagging down the waiter to come over to their table. Told that way, the whole 'past lives' thing kinda made a little more sense. It was still utterly fascinating, however. "I'm certainly not in any great hurry to start having kids," he quietly said. "I don't guess this kinda life is any real place to raise a family, is it?"

Conor was quiet a moment as the waiter surreptitiously stepped beside the table, freshening their drinks. "It's a decision my own parents made...both of them going their own ways."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:17 pm

"Why thank you sir." Leela chuckled along with Conor an gave her head a slight bow. "I don't feel a day over 120."

Leela listened as Conor began to speak about children and eluded to a troubled upbringing. "Yeah, I guess it can be rough to have kids in Starfleet. The truth is, I'm fine for now. Its not even in my sensor range. So, speaking of families..." She took a sip of her refreshed coffee. "Sounds like there is a story there? Ive shared. I think its your turn..." A crooked mischievous smile crept into her expression.

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Why thank you sir." Leela chuckled along with Conor an gave her head a slight bow. "I don't feel a day over 120."

Leela listened as Conor began to speak about children and eluded to a troubled upbringing. "Yeah, I guess it can be rough to have kids in Starfleet. The truth is, I'm fine for now. Its not even in my sensor range. So, speaking of families..." She took a sip of her refreshed coffee. "Sounds like there is a story there? Ive shared. I think its your turn..." A crooked mischievous smile crept into her expression.

A story? Well. One could say that. Conor leaned back a little in his chair, taking the time to stretch. "It's really nothing too dramatic," he shrugged. "Just two parents in Starfleet. One decided to leave the life behind, and the other continued in his career." Conor went ahead and assumed that there wasn't any reason to hold back from Leela. It's not like his parentage was a secret, or anything. "I've always used my mother's name. My parents were never legally married."

He took a slow sip of his drink, and then set the glass back down. "Mom's a freelance researcher. She sometimes teaches at Utah State. And...uh, my dad's a flag officer who just happens to be the second-in-command of our task force."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:51 am

Conor Terell wrote:

A story?  Well.  One could say that.  Conor leaned back a little in his chair, taking the time to stretch.  "It's really nothing too dramatic," he shrugged.  "Just two parents in Starfleet.  One decided to leave the life behind, and the other continued in his career."  Conor went ahead and assumed that there wasn't any reason to hold back from Leela.  It's not like his parentage was a secret, or anything.  "I've always used my mother's name.  My parents were never legally married."

He took a slow sip of his drink, and then set the glass back down.  "Mom's a freelance researcher.  She sometimes teaches at Utah State.  And...uh, my dad's a flag officer who just happens to be the second-in-command of our task force."

Leela was surprised by the revelation and was even more shocked by the fact that he hadn't mentioned it earlier. She wasn't entirely certain why she was shocked, its not like she expected him to say. [I[Hi, my name is Conor and my dad is the big guy.[/I] It all just seemed underwhelming.

"Really? Wow.. So does that meant I should be calling you sir? A chance to rub elbows with someone who has the ear of the brass." She laughed at the notion. The Trill had never really been one obsessed with rank and title but she was pretty sure that Conor was slightly obsessed.

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:56 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela was surprised by the revelation and was even more shocked by the fact that he hadn't mentioned it earlier. She wasn't entirely certain why she was shocked, its not like she expected him to say. Hi, my name is Conor and my dad is the big guy. It all just seemed underwhelming.

"Really? Wow.. So does that meant I should be calling you sir? A chance to rub elbows with someone who has the ear of the brass." She laughed at the notion. The Trill had never really been one obsessed with rank and title but she was pretty sure that Conor was slightly obsessed.

"I'm pretty sure my ears are my mother's," Conor replied, with a grin that was more of a smirk.  "The eyes are, at least.  And about half of my skin tone."  He shrugged, a small gesture that rolled his shoulders.  "Truth is, if you're looking for an 'in' with the brass, you might be better to look elsewhere.  Dad and I don't really...talk."  

Conor was silent a moment as he studied the contents of his glass.  "It's nothing really dramatic or anything.  It's just...he and mom agreed to live separate lives, even before I was born.  She decided she'd rather settle planetside with me than continue working in space.  I guess she figured there were still enough dead civilizations close to home that she could poke around."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:45 am

Leela smiled as she headed his story. She couldn't help but think that there was much more to this story but she decided to save that for another time. "Well, its a good thing I'm not trying to get in with the brass. I had enough of that a lifetime ago." She continued to laugh as she took a drink of her coffee. "I got to meet your dad once... nice guy... I don't want his job. But I get the feeling that you're gunning for it?"

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled as she headed his story. She couldn't help but think that there was much more to this story but she decided to save that for another time. "Well, its a good thing I'm not trying to get in with the brass. I had enough of that a lifetime ago." She continued to laugh as she took a drink of her coffee. "I got to meet your dad once... nice guy... I don't want his job. But I get the feeling that you're gunning for it?"

"Yes," Conor deadpanned, "and if I don't make admiral by next year, this whole damn experiment's been a wash." He shook his head, the side of his mouth quirking in a little smile. "It's funny, y'know? I mean, dad and I are cool and all. At least, as cool as we can be. I...I get, at least on a practical level, why he was gone. 'Cause mom wanted it that way. But, still? There's a part of me that wonders what it'd have been like. Following him from post to post. Would he have been the same person? Taken the same risks? Or would the presence of a child have kept him held back? Would he have angled for a planetside posting, or somewhere in the rungs of a starbase command structure? Would I..." he drawled, tapping the tabletop, "have literally changed history?"

He chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning back. "Look at you, Miss Kaz. Got me all existential. There's not many a woman that can do that, you know." Conor sighed, shrugging. "I mean, I guess it's all just kinda coincidental that I seem to be following his same path. Sec/tac, and all...I am gonna sit for officer candidacy at some point, though."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:05 am

Leela smiled and let out a light laughter. "I mean, anymore than a year... What's the point?" She finished off her second coffee as Conor discussed his plans to become a commissioned officer.

"Well, you definitely have the tenacity and drive to make it. I'm sure you'll make it." Her smile grew warmer and she began to fiddle with her coffee cup. She wasn't certain exactly how she felt about him but in the moment, she was enjoying his company.

"You know, lets get out of here. I have a few bottles of Vulcan Brandy stashed in my quarters. Want to join me for a drink?"

PostSubject: Re: Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Just Beyond His Grasp [Conor Terrell / Leela Kaz]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: