Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Yesterday at 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 48
Join date : 2015-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 am

Leela Kaz wrote:


[Main Engineering]

Leela was working on the plasma injectors. The system had been completely fused in three trip through the conduit and Leela had been tasked to get them back online, a daunting task. Without warning a powerful odor overwhelmed her senses. It seemed to flood the space quickly. "Has Gabe been cooking again." She chuckled as she turned from her console to investigate the foul odor.

She noticed Sigma working in the space where the odor was emitting. Without thinking too much she grabbed three respirator masks and placed one over her nose and mouth. She approached the pair from behind and slung the mask in front of them.

"Could you use a couple of these?" She commented.

[Engineering]

Waving their hand in front of their face did nothing to remove the smell, and only succeeded in waving sharp, pointy tools close to their eyes. Realizing that they didn't want their second eye replaced, Sigma abruptly stopped. They held their breath and began to yank the fried cabling out with as much efficiency as possible.

All this did was intensify the burnt plastic odor. Thankfully, one of the other engineers came to their rescue.

They glanced at the two swinging masks in Kaz's hand, then looked around them to see if there was anyone else nearby in need of a mask. "Just need the one-- Only got the one face!" Gratefully, they snapped the mask on. Instantly, their air intake quality improved drastically.

"Thanks a billion. Know where the spare optical cable is? This mess is all useless."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 pm

[Conference Room]

Archangel tapped a finger on the table after listening to the reports from the various departments, trying to come up with a plan for how they could move forward and back to the Alpha Quadrant where they belonged.  So many lives depended on her making the right decisions.  One wrong choice and she could condemn them to life in the Delta Quadrant or worse.

"Well, without at least having the navigation systems back online, we're not going through that conduit.  That'll have to be our priority.  Warp power would be nice, but impulse is what we need to get us back."  She paused, taking in the faces around the table.  "T'Mir, keep an eye on the atmospheric conditions with Jiseth.  When you're happy to take off, do so.  We can continue repairs in orbit if necessary.  If you have any... personnel problems, send them to my office.  

"Lieutenant Van Gelder and Ensign Kejal, your task is that lateral sensor array.  Draft additional personnel if you need to, but we need to get that working again.

"Commander Arthur, see what you can do about getting extra power to sickbay.  I know the repliactors won't work, but at least they won't have to worry about the biobeds failing on them as well. Work with Kintiss to see if there's anything else that can be done to help sickbay out with the casualties.

"Julia, you'll continue to take the bridge and coordinate the efforts.  I'll be down in engineering again.  Now, does anyone have any questions?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Buris raised a hand, somewhat tentatively. Having been the bearer of bad news about the computer, he figured he should at least contribute something positive to this meeting; and hell he was here instead of Chief Callan, he might as well bring his experience to the table. "Um, yes, actually, Captain. I don't know how thoroughly anyone else has pored over the Voyager records, but I had to during my previous assignment. They encountered several warp-capable species and alliances throughout the Delta Quadrant who could at least be counted as 'friendly'. Could we try to reach out to one of them? See if they'd be willing to lend us supplies or a berth at a docking facility? We might not be able to bring the replicators online, but... I think we have a better shot at getting home quickly, and safely, if we have local help."

He looked at the rest of the officers, shrugging lightly and then looking back down at the PADD in his hands. Frankly, making contact with anyone, friendly or not, would probably fall to Ops and Tactical. He'd be just as happy to let one of the others in the department work with them. The lateral sensor array problem was already filling his head though, and he pulled up the ship's MSD on his PADD - at least, the downloaded version. He zoomed in on that sector, trying to figure out what they would be looking at as options. He had an idea, but he'd been wrong about sensors before. They were touchy to anyone who wasn't a Scientist.

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Commander Arthur, see what you can do about getting extra power to sickbay.  I know the repliactors won't work, but at least they won't have to worry about the biobeds failing on them as well.  Work with Kintiss to see if there's anything else that can be done to help sickbay out with the casualties.

[Conference Room]

"Got it," Gabriel replied, rapping his knuckles on the glossy tabletop surface with a quick grin. "I'll see you down in Engineering before long, then." It appeared that he would get to work alongside her once again, after all. It may not even be the last time before they all got out of this. Gabriel never once considered that 'getting out' was in question. The worst thing an engineer could do was lose faith in their people and their hardware.

He turned to the Selay. "Well, doc, I'll accompany you back to sickbay, and we can address the more critical concerns there. Before you know it, we'll have the replicators dispensing coffee like it's their job. Which, I guess...kinda is."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Lieutenant Van Gelder and Ensign Kejal, your task is that lateral sensor array.  Draft additional personnel if you need to, but we need to get that working again.

Gavin flinched a little bit when he heard his name called, his attention having been focused on T'Mir. He wondered why Jiseth had sent someone to this get-together in her place. Was the Romulan avoiding him? Truth told, he wouldn't have minded if Jiseth just up and never spoke to him or around him again, but the bad penny would undoubtedly want to resume contact with Zero. And there was the baby to consider, too. Poor girl, he thought. She had a shot at a normal life before that bitch came back. Well. 'Normal' being a highly relative term when Zero Alpha was involved.

He suddenly realized that he should probably be paying attention. Gavin searched his memory for the last two minutes or so of conversation, standing up and falling in beside Kejal.

Kejal Buris wrote:
"Um, yes, actually, Captain. I don't know how thoroughly anyone else has pored over the Voyager records, but I had to during my previous assignment. They encountered several warp-capable species and alliances throughout the Delta Quadrant who could at least be counted as 'friendly'. Could we try to reach out to one of them? See if they'd be willing to lend us supplies or a berth at a docking facility? We might not be able to bring the replicators online, but... I think we have a better shot at getting home quickly, and safely, if we have local help."

"May not be a bad idea," the science officer added, "but we might want to keep it as a last resort." It fell into line with his 'look, there's water in case we need to go native and set up a homestead on this world' idea. "They may have found allies, but there were plenty of enemies as well. Guys that would just love to catch a ship like this when we're helpless." He shrugged. "Seems to me like the less people know we're here, the better."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 am

Sigma Nu wrote:


[Engineering]

Waving their hand in front of their face did nothing to remove the smell, and only succeeded in waving sharp, pointy tools close to their eyes. Realizing that they didn't want their second eye replaced, Sigma abruptly stopped. They held their breath and began to yank the fried cabling out with as much efficiency as possible.

All this did was intensify the burnt plastic odor. Thankfully, one of the other engineers came to their rescue.

They glanced at the two swinging masks in Kaz's hand, then looked around them to see if there was anyone else nearby in need of a mask. "Just need the one-- Only got the one face!" Gratefully, they snapped the mask on. Instantly, their air intake quality improved drastically.

"Thanks a billion. Know where the spare optical cable is? This mess is all useless."

"You're welcome." Leela smiled as they took the mask from her hand. "Looks like you have quite the mess down there."

She stopped a crewman as he walked by her position. "Crewman, go to locker 52 Gamma and get us a meter of spare optical cable." The crewman nodded and left the spot with haste.

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:14 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Julia, you'll continue to take the bridge and coordinate the efforts.

[Conference Room]

"Acknowledged ma'am." She said with a slight nod.

Her attention then turned to the conversation between Gavin and Kejal. She listened intently. She had concerns about trying to contact locals, given the sheer number of incidents Voyager had and the current condition of their vessel. She almost started to interject but then backed off at the last moment to allow the Captain to jump in.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:39 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
He turned to the Selay.  "Well, doc, I'll accompany you back to sickbay, and we can address the more critical concerns there.  Before you know it, we'll have the replicators dispensing coffee like it's their job.  Which, I guess...kinda is."

[Conference Room]

"Let'sss hope ssso," Kintiss said with renewed vigour. The idea of getting coffee back was something he definitely agreed with. Of course, the functionality of sickbay took priority, but the possibility of getting coffee back was the only thing on his mind. Why that was, he had no idea. Maybe he was just going through withdrawal.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
"Um, yes, actually, Captain. I don't know how thoroughly anyone else has pored over the Voyager records, but I had to during my previous assignment. They encountered several warp-capable species and alliances throughout the Delta Quadrant who could at least be counted as 'friendly'. Could we try to reach out to one of them? See if they'd be willing to lend us supplies or a berth at a docking facility? We might not be able to bring the replicators online, but... I think we have a better shot at getting home quickly, and safely, if we have local help."

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"May not be a bad idea," the science officer added, "but we might want to keep it as a last resort." It fell into line with his 'look, there's water in case we need to go native and set up a homestead on this world' idea. "They may have found allies, but there were plenty of enemies as well. Guys that would just love to catch a ship like this when we're helpless." He shrugged. "Seems to me like the less people know we're here, the better."

[Conference Room]

"No, Kejal," Archangel replied, looking down the table to where the operations and science officers were sat. "Voyager encountered far more hostile elements than they did friendly ones and I'm not willing to take that chance right now. We can't even get power to our sickbay and that's our priority right now, not making sure that we have weapons. The last thing we need right now is to get into a fire fight.

"Now that we know that the conduit's able to be traveled, even if there's still a lot of work to be done in terms of navigating it without coming out feeling like swiss cheese, I expect that we'll be sent back through to make friends in the near future. Contacting the locals can wait until then unless we have no other choice."

Glancing around the gathered personnel one last time, she nodded. "Ok everyone, you have your tasks. Let's try to get out of here sooner rather than later."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Glancing around the gathered personnel one last time, she nodded. "Ok everyone, you have your tasks. Let's try to get out of here sooner rather than later."

Julia took a moment and looked around the room. She could see the wheels turning in the eyes of her colleagues. She gave the captain a slight smile and a nod. "Yes, Captain. We'll make it happen."

She stood up and made her way onto the bridge. It was still dark, rhythmically brightened with the glow of pulsating red lights. As she moved across the bridge she couldn't help but wonder when sleep would be a possibility. And without coffee it made the sensation even less tolerable. She shook it off as she took a seat in her chair in the center of the command Centre.

With the tap of a few commands she accessed the sensor array and received another nonsensical reading. "Ensign Kejal, this grid still isn't giving us an accurate location. This is going to be quite an undertaking. What's the status of the main deflector, Ensign?"

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:37 pm

[Engineering]

After dismissing the other officers from the briefing to go and begin or continue their assigned tasks, Archangel made her way down to Engineering. Warp core mechanics had been her specialty as an engineer and it was certainly coming in handy now. She wasn't sure if they would be able to bring it back online before they headed back through the conduit, but they could at least lock it down securely so that no more damage could be done either to the core, or to the ship by the core breaching.

Arriving in the engine room, she scanned the gathered engineers, looking for someone who could give her an updated report on which teams were working on what.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Engineering]

After dismissing the other officers from the briefing to go and begin or continue their assigned tasks, Archangel made her way down to Engineering.  Warp core mechanics had been her specialty as an engineer and it was certainly coming in handy now.  She wasn't sure if they would be able to bring it back online before they headed back through the conduit, but they could at least lock it down securely so that no more damage could be done either to the core, or to the ship by the core breaching.

Arriving in the engine room, she scanned the gathered engineers, looking for someone who could give her an updated report on which teams were working on what.

[Engineering]

Leela stood at the main console in the center of the engine room. Leela had returned to her work on the Plasma injectors, they were the key to regaining warp power. She heard the door open and took a look, she assumed it was Gabe returning, but was shocked to see Captain T'Koris standing at the entrance to the engine room.

Leela grimaced for a moment, her and the Captain had a turbulent past. She was less than thrilled to see her in the Engine Room. It was made even more complicated by the fact that she was in command in Gabe's absence. She removed her grimace and put on a slight smile. She moved towards the entrance and addressed the Captain.

"Sir, I wasn't expecting an inspection? Is there something I can help you with?"

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela stood at the main console in the center of the engine room. Leela had returned to her work on the Plasma injectors, they were the key to regaining warp power. She heard the door open and took a look, she assumed it was Gabe returning, but was shocked to see Captain T'Koris standing at the entrance to the engine room.

Leela grimaced for a moment, her and the Captain had a turbulent past. She was less than thrilled to see her in the Engine Room. It was made even more complicated by the fact that she was in command in Gabe's absence. She removed her grimace and put on a slight smile. She moved towards the entrance and addressed the Captain.

"Sir, I wasn't expecting an inspection? Is there something I can help you with?"

[Engineering]

Leela Kaz. Of all the people she had to interact with in Engineering, the Trill was probably somewhere at the bottom of the list. Archangel was constantly on her guard due to Kaz's prevous host's reputation concerning Romulans as well as her own insecurities and territorial nature. Of course, it didn't help that Kaz tended to treat her like a tourist whenever she came down to the Engine room, despite the act that she had spent most of her waking hours the last few days helping the engineering teams with repairs. However, they had at least managed to be cordial enough with each other when it came to helping Zero grow beyond what Starfleet Medical was trying to restrict her to.

"I'm not here for an inspection, Ensign," she replied, managing to suppress the faint irritation that wanted to express itself from reaching her voice. "I'm here to work with the repair teams again. Commander Arthur's crrently occupied with trying to boost power to sickbay since they're having a few problems keeping up with the casualties on half power."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 678
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:43 pm

[Sickbay]

Sickbay's rather austere and sparklingly-clean area was a stark contrast from the engineering bay that Gabriel was used to. Not that he allowed engineering to be a cluttered mess, obviously, but...it was quite different.

Right now, though, Gabriel was elbow-deep into an access point of sickbay's central power. Thankfully, sickbay itself was on its own power source, almost separate from the rest of the ship. That gave him a little more wiggle room without having to worry about affecting everything else.

"Alright, Mr. Kintiss," he said, deftly avoiding a little back-surge of plasmatic energy. "Tell me when some of the power readings start leveling out a little bit."

_______________________________

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:17 pm

[Bridge]

Buris walked out from the meeting back onto the Bridge. He figured at the moment that the Captain wouldn't sabotage her own ship when it meant getting back to civilized space (though frankly he couldn't put it past her once they got there), so being in Engineering meant she'd be far enough away from him that he could breathe. Meanwhile, he was thinking about the situation she'd put in front of him, the lateral sensor array. They were tricky things, sensors, and he needed to see what had gone wrong before he could really suggest more than a minor fix.

He was shaken from his contemplation, on the way to the Science station to confer with Lieutenant van Gelder, by Commander Rellek's request for a status report on the Main Deflector. Maybe she hadn't noticed that Cadet Rayaen was was at the Ops station, and that she had properly relieved him this time, rather than stepped in. But she'd been able to hold up when the ship was being taken through a transwarp aperture, when Buris had been in Engineering (or as he saw it, somewhere that he could do some actual good). There was no reason to believe that overseeing repair operations would prove a difficulty. And he was glad he'd been down in Engineering anyway - if he'd been on the Bridge when Jiseth appeared, he'd probably have requested a shuttle right then and there to report to Starfleet Command and enter his resignation. He didn't trust this Captain, or her specieism, and he had found that at the moment, the feeling was mutual. But they needed to work to get the ship back home; all else could be resolved later.

He stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow before walking over to the Ops station. "Cadet, pull up the main deflector status screen. Read off the report summary."

He waited for her to do that, and turned to Rellek - not having relieved the Cadet. "Commander, the Captain ordered that Lieutenant van Gelder and I get working on the lateral sensor array. I'll need to see the damage up close before I can suggest a repair plan. Cadet Rayaen is backed by the full faith and support of the Operations department to run the Bridge station."

That ought to get her off his back and let him get to work. Still, she was in command, and could tell him that the Captain's orders were void. It'd be unlikely, but then again, not trusting a Starfleet captain was unlikely too.

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign


Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 589
Join date : 2015-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:56 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:


[Engineering]

Leela Kaz.  Of all the people she had to interact with in Engineering, the Trill was probably somewhere at the bottom of the list.  Archangel was constantly on her guard due to Kaz's prevous host's reputation concerning Romulans as well as her own insecurities and territorial nature.  Of course, it didn't help that Kaz tended to treat her like a tourist whenever she came down to the Engine room, despite the act that she had spent most of her waking hours the last few days helping the engineering teams with repairs.  However, they had at least managed to be cordial enough with each other when it came to helping Zero grow beyond what Starfleet Medical was trying to restrict her to.

"I'm not here for an inspection, Ensign," she replied, managing to suppress the faint irritation that wanted to express itself from reaching her voice.  "I'm here to work with the repair teams again.  Commander Arthur's crrently occupied with trying to boost power to sickbay since they're having a few problems keeping up with the casualties on half power."

"Understood sir." Leela could feel the hostility. The Captain was far from her biggest fan. "Ive been working on the plasma injectors, I could use a hand." She moved towards the console in the middle of the room. As she walked she continued her thought. "They were completely fused during our little excursion. Ive made some progress but they are only operating at 5% and clearly that won't get us anywhere."

_______________________________
"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:11 am

Kejal Buris wrote:
[Bridge]

Buris walked out from the meeting back onto the Bridge.  He figured at the moment that the Captain wouldn't sabotage her own ship when it meant getting back to civilized space (though frankly he couldn't put it past her once they got there), so being in Engineering meant she'd be far enough away from him that he could breathe.  Meanwhile, he was thinking about the situation she'd put in front of him, the lateral sensor array.  They were tricky things, sensors, and he needed to see what had gone wrong before he could really suggest more than a minor fix.

He was shaken from his contemplation, on the way to the Science station to confer with Lieutenant van Gelder, by Commander Rellek's request for a status report on the Main Deflector.  Maybe she hadn't noticed that Cadet Rayaen was was at the Ops station, and that she had properly relieved him this time, rather than stepped in.  But she'd been able to hold up when the ship was being taken through a transwarp aperture, when Buris had been in Engineering (or as he saw it, somewhere that he could do some actual good).  There was no reason to believe that overseeing repair operations would prove a difficulty.  And he was glad he'd been down in Engineering anyway - if he'd been on the Bridge when Jiseth appeared, he'd probably have requested a shuttle right then and there to report to Starfleet Command and enter his resignation.  He didn't trust this Captain, or her specieism, and he had found that at the moment, the feeling was mutual.  But they needed to work to get the ship back home; all else could be resolved later.

He stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow before walking over to the Ops station.  "Cadet, pull up the main deflector status screen.  Read off the report summary."

He waited for her to do that, and turned to Rellek - not having relieved the Cadet.  "Commander, the Captain ordered that Lieutenant van Gelder and I get working on the lateral sensor array.  I'll need to see the damage up close before I can suggest a repair plan.  Cadet Rayaen is backed by the full faith and support of the Operations department to run the Bridge station."

That ought to get her off his back and let him get to work.  Still, she was in command, and could tell him that the Captain's orders were void.  It'd be unlikely, but then again, not trusting a Starfleet captain was unlikely too.

Apparently it was too much for him to look at a display and read off a report on his way to repair the sensors. "Acknowledged Ensign." She said. She wasn't even prepared to have this fight right this second. "Get with Lieutenant VanGelder now, Ensign. I want a status report the moment you have anything worth reporting. And remind me to have a discussion with you regarding your apparent inability to multitask."

She turned to the cadet at ops and smiled. "Cadet, status report?"

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:53 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Apparently it was too much for him to look at a display and read off a report on his way to repair the sensors. "Acknowledged Ensign." She said. She wasn't even prepared to have this fight right this second. "Get with Lieutenant VanGelder now, Ensign. I want a status report the moment you have anything worth reporting. And remind me to have a discussion with you regarding your apparent inability to multitask."

She turned to the cadet at ops and smiled. "Cadet, status report?"

[Bridge]

Blinking, Gavin watched yet another exchange between the Bajoran officer and someone with more than two pips on their collar. He assumed that maybe the command staff was making allowances for the man's past or whatever, but he didn't envy Captain T'Koris in the least - her authority undermined by Starfleet Command, having to allow a treasonous pilot back in the fold, and now having to put up with Mr. Ensignbordination over there. It was more than enough to make him glad that he'd never shed his teal.

"Alright, hotshot," Gavin said, smiling a little to hopefully take any sting out of his jab. He didn't have a personal problem with the man. "You're the hardware guy, so I guess I'll be here for computer support and backup. Oh," he shrugged, "and, uh, moral support. So...what kind of repairs and timeline are we looking at?"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet


Posts : 52
Join date : 2015-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:49 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

He stopped and turned, raising an eyebrow before walking over to the Ops station.  "Cadet, pull up the main deflector status screen.  Read off the report summary."

He waited for her to do that, and turned to Rellek - not having relieved the Cadet.  "Commander, the Captain ordered that Lieutenant van Gelder and I get working on the lateral sensor array.  I'll need to see the damage up close before I can suggest a repair plan.  Cadet Rayaen is backed by the full faith and support of the Operations department to run the Bridge station."
Julia Rellek wrote:

She turned to the cadet at ops and smiled. "Cadet, status report?"

The Vorta looked up from her console and remained quiet for a moment as her eyes darted between her superiors. She was rather taken aback by the Ensign's praise of her abilities, especially in the presence of the First Officer who had dismissed her Dominion technical prowess in the past. It was only a matter of time before the Federation began incorporating some of the systems produced by Vorta scientists for the glory of their founders and this was just as good a time as any. She quickly put the diagnostic charts up on the main view screen and began to go through her assessment.

"The main deflector is marginally functional. I've been running incremental tests to pin point trouble areas by emitting low power deflector fields to dissipate dust devils that pop up in front of the ship. The trip through the aperture caused one of the maglocks to fail and the resulting vibrations sent feedback through the boost modulator into the induction stabilizer."

She looked up from her report to the main screen and pointed to a histogram showing the power fluctuations.

"As you can see, the instability now in the system is nonthreatening at low levels, but there is a notable increase in power required than what should be needed and at 47% strength the dish no longer functions effectively. The energy will then build in the collimator until it fails. Explosively."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Alright, Mr. Kintiss," he said, deftly avoiding a little back-surge of plasmatic energy.  "Tell me when some of the power readings start leveling out a little bit."

[Sickbay]

Kintiss watched anxiously as Arthur got to work on Sickbay's power source. With any luck, he'd have his Raktajinos again, and the facilities would be running at optimal efficiency. The latter was probably more important than the former.

"They're sssstill a little low," he said as he read from a tricorder, a short distance away from Arthur. If he knew anything about engineers, it was that they didn't like working with someone breathing down their neck.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Chloe Lavigne wrote:
Chloé had been working at the tactical station for a while now. Watching the transfer of speech on the ship between people was quite amusing she thought. As the senior officers got called in for a brieing, she relaxed a little and continued to do her work. Since she started doing day shifts once again she had already managed to cause a disruption on the ship. She decided to stick by the tactical console and not make any disruptions. As she was working she looked up and established the fact that Conor was the yeoman for the captain. 'Quite a good place to shy by.' he thought grinning then looking back down and continuing with her work.

[Bridge]

With the captain having slipped off to...well, wherever she was going to, Conor found himself unceremoniously left on the bridge.  He assumed that she had gone back to Engineering to help with repair, and that was alright with him.  It seemed as if T'Koris tended to be in a better mood after spending time down there.  

He moved over toward one of the tactical consoles, approaching someone that he'd met only in passing a few times before - Ensign Lavigne.  Conor's first meeting with the woman had been...well, rocky, to say the least.  He was generally an affable person, and didn't like not getting along with anyone.  

"Hello, there," Conor said, sidling up to her console.  "You probably don't remember me, but we met during the Vidiian thing.  I...uh," he shrugged, running his hand over his short hair.  "I wasn't exactly the nicest."

_______________________________

Click the head for more info!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Reyaen 3 wrote:



The Vorta looked up from her console and remained quiet for a moment as her eyes darted between her superiors. She was rather taken aback by the Ensign's praise of her abilities, especially in the presence of the First Officer who had dismissed her Dominion technical prowess in the past. It was only a matter of time before the Federation began incorporating some of the systems produced by Vorta scientists for the glory of their founders and this was just as good a time as any. She quickly put the diagnostic charts up on the main view screen and began to go through her assessment.

"The main deflector is marginally functional. I've been running incremental tests to pin point trouble areas by emitting low power deflector fields to dissipate dust devils that pop up in front of the ship. The trip through the aperture caused one of the maglocks to fail and the resulting vibrations sent feedback through the boost modulator into the induction stabilizer."

She looked up from her report to the main screen and pointed to a histogram showing the power fluctuations.

"As you can see, the instability now in the system is nonthreatening at low levels, but there is a notable increase in power required than what should be needed and at 47% strength the dish no longer functions effectively. The energy will then build in the collimator until it fails. Explosively."

The prospect of explosive failure didn't sit well the ships first officer. Julia stood from her chair and made her way to the operations console. She took a. stance over the shoulder of the Vorta and looked at the results from the diagnostics and tests that had been performed.

"Bottom line cadet? Can we fix it from the inside or will we need to get someone out there?" Julia was a hell of a scientist, she could postulate the origins of the universe at 0300 but her engineering skills left a lot to be desired. She hadn't made a career by taking things apart and putting them back together. Julia relied heavily on the feedback from these qualified officers.

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Understood sir." Leela could feel the hostility. The Captain was far from her biggest fan. "Ive been working on the plasma injectors, I could use a hand." She moved towards the console in the middle of the room. As she walked she continued her thought. "They were completely fused during our little excursion. Ive made some progress but they are only operating at 5% and clearly that won't get us anywhere."

[Engineering]

Fused plasma injectors. Finally a project she was more familiar with dealing. There were so many things she had to deal with as a Captain that Archangel would much rather just ignore and sweep under the carpet. The paperwork involved with Jiseth's return, as much as she wanted the pilot back, the yeoman Starfleet Command had sent her and she had yet to sit down with for a formal meet and greet, and of course, the irritating Ensign at Operations. Despite only being with the ship a short while, he was already proving to be a thorn in her side. His disapproval and borderline insubordination permated the bridge with a foul atmosphere. If it wasn't for her Romulan dedication to her duty, she would likely hide out somewhere just to get away from the accursed man.

She quite happily pushed those thoughts to one side, concentrating on one that she was pretty sure that she could fix. A fused plasma injector was nothing compared to the problems awaiting her on the bridge.

"I'll need to get a look at it first, but we may be able to salvage them," she said, a hint of enthusiasm creeping into her voice. "Warp power would be nice to get us back through the conduit, but it's not an absolute necessity."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Technical Precision
Posts : 127
Join date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:22 pm

[Bridge - Science Station]

Quote :
"Alright, hotshot," Gavin said, smiling a little to hopefully take any sting out of his jab. He didn't have a personal problem with the man. "You're the hardware guy, so I guess I'll be here for computer support and backup. Oh," he shrugged, "and, uh, moral support. So...what kind of repairs and timeline are we looking at?"

Buris looked at him and glanced over the systems display, biting his lip in thought. The conflict seemed to disappear as he looked over the panel, trying to analyze the damage done to the sensors. This was a technical problem, a puzzle. It wasn't connected to the Captain, or the way the Ship ran, or anything of the sort. It was something he could get his hands into and fix. "You know these sensors better than I do, Lieutenant. But I think we're going to need something to preprocess the EPS flow, especially if we're going to survive another run through that conduit - a surge protector, for lack of a better term. Now, I have an idea, but SCE would probably want to beat me over the head with a spanner for even suggesting it. I'm thinking we rig up a set of probes, tie them into the ODN system by hardline, and weld them to the hull so they don't get thrown around when we enter the Conduit. The spare sensor palette in Cargo Bay 2 will be a good contact point - but it's just one general palette, not nearly a whole array. I'm not sure how programmable the damn thing even is, since it's just a spare. If it works, though, we might lose some lateral resolution at range, but you should be able to see everything you normally would."

He looked at the Scientist, already coming up with a plan. "The welds will be simple, since they'll be in the Jeffries tube connected to the outer hull at regular intervals, and tying in directly to the Array's ODN line. Replacing that burned out primary panel in the Array requires being on the hull, but it was made to be popped in quickly - and could probably be done at the same time as the welds - so that's really just three or four people with steady hands, total. Probes default to being independently powered, and with a couple lines of code, we should have them ready to insulate the delicate sensor panel from EPS surges, and provide some stability to the grid as a whole. The biggest challenge is figuring out whether the panel will work, or whether we'll have to find some other preprocessor before it hits the ODN mains. You'll be the one figuring out if the data lines can work. Assuming it all comes together, we stand a good chance of having that sensor array online by the end of the day."

_______________________________
Click the card for more info!
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:


Buris looked at him and glanced over the systems display, biting his lip in thought.  The conflict seemed to disappear as he looked over the panel, trying to analyze the damage done to the sensors.  This was a technical problem, a puzzle.  It wasn't connected to the Captain, or the way the Ship ran, or anything of the sort.  It was something he could get his hands into and fix. "You know these sensors better than I do, Lieutenant.  But I think we're going to need something to preprocess the EPS flow, especially if we're going to survive another run through that conduit - a surge protector, for lack of a better term.  Now, I have an idea, but SCE would probably want to beat me over the head with a spanner for even suggesting it.  I'm thinking we rig up a set of probes, tie them into the ODN system by hardline, and weld them to the hull so they don't get thrown around when we enter the Conduit.  The spare sensor palette in Cargo Bay 2 will be a good contact point - but it's just one general palette, not nearly a whole array.  I'm not sure how programmable the damn thing even is, since it's just a spare.  If it works, though, we might lose some lateral resolution at range, but you should be able to see everything you normally would."

He looked at the Scientist, already coming up with a plan.  "The welds will be simple, since they'll be in the Jeffries tube connected to the outer hull at regular intervals, and tying in directly to the Array's ODN line.  Replacing that burned out primary panel in the Array requires being on the hull, but it was made to be popped in quickly - and could probably be done at the same time as the welds - so that's really just three or four people with steady hands, total.  Probes default to being independently powered, and with a couple lines of code, we should have them ready to insulate the delicate sensor panel from EPS surges, and provide some stability to the grid as a whole.  The biggest challenge is figuring out whether the panel will work, or whether we'll have to find some other preprocessor before it hits the ODN mains.  You'll be the one figuring out if the data lines can work.  Assuming it all comes together, we stand a good chance of having that sensor array online by the end of the day."

"Honestly?" Gavin shrugged, "I don't think we're in much of a position to be choosing when we're doing the proverbial begging to foist ourselves outta here. Now," he said, calling up sensor readings at his station, "the Engineering department might see things differently. 'Have you people lost your gawddamn minds?' he mused, doing what he considered to be a bang-up impression of Commander Arthur's slight drawl.

Sighing, he ran his fingers through his mop of auburn hair, his expression turning a little more serious. "Alright...formalize a work order as best you can so we can get the Captain's approval. Julia basically gave me the Science department for this, so I can call up as many techs as we need."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: