Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:18 pm

[Captain's Ready Room, USS Phoenix - Post The Voyage Home]

They had made it back through the wormhole at least, although the ship definitely needed to spend a little time receiving TLC in a dry dock to repair all of the damage done. At least they had managed to gather a signiicant amount of data about the conduit, information that they could hopefully put to good use in order to lessen the damage done to any future federation ships going through. The prospect of the Delta Quadrant, an almost unexplored expanse of space with only a few teasers brought back by Voyager was just too tantalising an opportunity for Starfleet to give up.

Since she was once again banished from the engine room, something that dry dock engineers had been wanting to do while she was Chief Engineer on the Discovery, (it probably had had someting to do with her territorial nature and calling one of them a 'low-witted illegitimate child of a Denibian Slime Devil'), Archangel stood in her ready room, hands clasped behind her back as she looked out at the familiar stars of their Quadrant of the galaxy. Seika sat quite happily in the captain's chair, the inner workings of a tricorder and child-sized tools strewn over the surface as she tinkered. Aria was sitting under the desk, surrounded by paper and crayons, successfully managing to colour in the pre-drawn images and herself at the same time.

Only one of the three Romulans paid any attention as the door chime sounded. Looking past the stars to the reflection of the door in the window, the young captain called for her visitor to come in, expecting the appearance of her first officer.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:09 pm

With the Phoenix back among its home stars Julia had taken some time to breathe and catch up on her coffee consumption. She had been summoned to see the Captain. She wasn't entirely certain what she wanted to discuss.

She walked into the Captains ready room when she heard her call for her to enter. She immediately noticed the child playing. It brought a smile to her face. She had her coffee cussed in her hand and she took a quick sip before she spoke.

"You asked to see me, sir."

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Turning around as she heard the door swish open, Archangel gave a slight smile and nod to Julia Rellek. She then looked at her desk and how it was occupied by the two girls before deciding to bypass it all together, gesturing to the couch instead, inviting her to sit down.

"I would offer you something from the replicator, but I see you've already availed yourself of the fact that they're back online," she said, referring to the coffee cup already in her first officer's hand as she went to the replicator and requested a cup of tea before sitting down on the couch herself.

"This is just an informal debrief after the conduit incident and a chance for you to bring up anything you want to talk about."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Julia nodded as the Captain spoke. "Yes Captain. Everything seems to be coming along well." She moved across the room and took a seat opposite of her Captain. "I think the crew could definitely use a break though, sir." With another sip of her coffee she continued her thought. "They've been worked hard these last couple of weeks. I know I could use a break."

She paused. "This sure is a lot different than where I envisioned my career taking me. Its been quite the experience."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 pm

"A break is scheduled," Archangel assured her first officer. "The repairs in dry dock are going to take long enough that we'll be here for the station's Christmas party, which the Admirals have been kind enough to invite the crew to, and then we're due to head off for shore leave." She took a sip of her tea, thinking back over the last few missions they had done. There had certainly been a lot of stress involved. Some quiet down time on a sunny planet was probably just what this crew needed to unwind.

Her ears metaphorically pricked up as she heard Julia voice that her position wasn't what she had expected and she tilted her head slightly to one side.

"I have to admit that a little over a year ago, I didn't think I'd ever be in this position either," she mused. "Sounds like you have quite the story to tell. Care to indulge me?"

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 am

Julia looked down into he coffee and pondered the Captains inquiry. The truth was, Julia wasn't even sure what had happened at that deep space research station. Then she was threatened within an inch of her career if she ever spoke of it. She moved her coffee to her lips and took a sip. As she moved the glass back down to her lap she looked to T'Koris.

"Well, I'm not sure what I can share. I was ordered not to talk about it. As you likely are already aware, my last assignment was at the G5 deep space research posting. I was one of the scientist there. Our team was postulating the birth of the cosmos, I know its a pretty big undertaking. But specifically we were tying to isolate the energy source for the initial big bang. We were working off of a theory that there had to be a form of energy unlike anything we had ever encountered before. We were searching for something powerful enough to set the cosmos into motion yet still small enough to have been present in the infinitesimally small universe, in the beginning. We made some good progress." She looked to her coffee again, as if it would provide her with guidance. "I don't know if I can share anymore, I have my orders, captain."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 pm

As Julia spoke about her last assignment, Archangel quietly sipped her tea. As a captain, she had access to the complete files for the entirety of her crew, her first officer included. Even if she hadn't been a captain, her sources as Nemesis allowed her to access just about any file she pleased.

Despite being able to access those files, the Romulan wasn't much of a scientist and hadn't understood much of the information. On the other hand, she hadn't really been interested enough to sit down with a science textbook to figure it out when she had first read it. However, the lure of forbidden information was one that was difficult to ignore.

"I have quite significant clearance," she reassured Julia. "I read quite a bit about your last assignment when I was considering you for the position of first officer and that incident was on it. Strange, though, how we find ourselves on paths that we wouldn't have chosen because out an outside influence."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:01 am

"It is interesting how life can steer us in unconsidered directions. After my last assignment..."

Julia ran her fingers along the tip of comm badge. Her eyes shifted to the deck plating as she pondered the implications of the words she nearly uttered. What can I tell her? She thought. Upon her debriefing from her last assignment she was given very specific instructions. She wasn't permitted to discuss her research or take any efforts to continue the project. The team had made amazing strides, if the circumstances had been different she likely would have earned some of the Federations top science awards. She took off her communicator and set it on the Captains desk.

"If we have this conversation, it must be off the record?"

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Whenever someone took their commbadge off in front of her, Archangel knew that she wasn't looking forward to the conversation ahead. Things that had to be said off the record were never good things and generally lead to trouble. However, she copied the gesture with a quiet sigh, placing it on the low table next to Julia's, glancing briefly at the two girls occupying her desk. Both were still occupied with their tasks, oblivious to the adults on the couch.

Turning her attention back to her first officer, the young Romulan gave a quiet sigh. "Since we're off the record and you seem a little tentative, I should probably let you know that through various means, I have access to just about every file in the Federation, including the one concerning the end of your last assignment."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:21 pm

"You likely know more than I do." She took a deep sip of her coffee as she thought about the odd situation she had been in. "I'm not even sure where to begin. We were so close..." She set her coffee on the desk and took a deep breathe. "Our team set out to discover how the Big Bang was set into motion, I know its a lofty goal. I was the leading cosmologist assigned to the team along with four others of varying specialties. We were definitely on to something. We knew that in order to generate the conclusive force necessary for the formation of the cosmos we were looking for something small and infinitely powerful. We also knew that if we discovered it it could have secondary applications as an energy source. Think of it, Captain, a string of molecules that could power a civilization indefinitely. Not a bad potential side effect of our research."

She paused and looked to the kids, they were off in their own world in the corner of the office. "One of my colleagues proposed that Boronite could potentially be broken down further. We knew the hardest part would be stabilizing the new molecule. But we never got the chance to try. Out of the blue, one day, a Vulcan Captain in a blue uniform and her team stormed into our facility. She was the only one in a uniform, the rest wore all black. She called herself Captain Nevir but I'm not entirely certain that was her real name. She demanded all of our research, they broke into my quarters and even took my private files. And then they simply split up our team and gave us all new assignments. We were spread out across the quadrant and ordered never to speak to each other again. I was told I would face jail time if I ever spoke of this incident. I have no idea why they halted that research. We likely would have won the Federations highest scientific honors, but instead here I am."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:48 pm

"I wouldn't say that I know more than you do," Archangel replied with a shrug of one shoulder. "I may know the words, but I'm not a scientist. I have no idea what they were on about really."

She fell silent again, listening to Julia's story as she sipped her tea quietly. Chances were that she had been on similar raids herself with Intelligence, but much to her relief, she couldn't remember them. All she had to figure out what she had done were generally the injuries left behind. It also reminded her of a story Zero had told her about a raid done on the lab where she had been raised.

Archangel, as a captain, was aware of and had been briefed about the element that Julia and her team had almost stumbled across and, thankfully, her knowledge of warp mechanics had allowed her to cling on to understanding the consequences of such a thing. For a moment after Julia finished speaking, considering for a moment just how much she should and could tell her first officer. Chances were that Julia would go on to be a captain herself and receive the briefing, so there was little harm in bringing that knowledge forward a little. In any case, should the protocol ever be needed, Archangel would need someone with a far greater knowledge and understanding of silence that she did.

"You came close to rediscovering a molecule that has been swept under the metaphorical carpet for a while now. Only captains and above are supposed to know about it although, if I'm completely honest, I only understood one or two words for every ten that Admiral spoke."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:19 pm

"Hang on..." Julia couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You're telling me that someone has already done the research." The implications were unimaginable to the young officer.

"I knew that we were close to something incredible. Imagine the implications, a molecule so powerful that a handful could give birth to the cosmos. The scientific community needs that information." Julia sipped her coffee. "Maybe its too dangerous. Perhaps there are things that we aren't meant to understand?"

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:29 pm

"Or perhaps a molecule so unstable with too much power," Archangel replied. "As I said, I don't really understand the science of it all, but as far as I could manage to hang on to the briefing, just one of these molecules could destroy subspace within a range of 7 light years. If I'm completely honest, I would rather you didn't play around with such things at the moment, at least, not until someone can contain the damage they can do."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 pm

"I can understand the concern, we are talking about unimaginable amounts of power." She lifted her cup from the desk and took the final sip of her coffee. "I'm not suggesting that we start harnessing the power, I didn't know until just now how destructive it could be. But from a scientific prospective, don't we deserve to know how it all began. Did this molecule exist in nature for a single moment? Was it the catalyst for everything?"

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Debriefing [Julia/Archangel]   Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:59 pm

"It's been kept under the highest classification to try to prevent people from finding out about it," Archangel replied. "In the wrong hands, it could be a significant weapon, or just handling it wrong, even without the intention of doing damage, could have repercussions right across the quadrant." She shook her head. "It's just too dangerous a thing to have people playing with. One molecule can destroy subspace over seven lightyears. That means no communication, no warp travel across that space. It could prove to be the end of space travel for us."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:12 pm

"The Lantaru Sector?" Julia asked. She knew in this area of space the conditions were similar to those described by Captain T'Koris. "I've always heard it was a natural phenomena? But it sounds a lot like what you are describing... Was there already one failed experiment?"

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Archangel nodded her head curtly as Julia came up with the name of the sector where Omega molecules had previously been worked on, now damaged beyond their current ability to repair. She wasn't really surprised that Julia knew of it. It was something of a scientific curiosity given that the true reason was so highly classified.

"There was once a lab there, working on the Omega molecules. From what I understand, they managed to create one and keep it stable for a fraction of a second before it exploded."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:29 pm

"Well that certainly does clear up a lot." She leaned back in the chair and clasped her fingers into a point under her chin. "So this is what brought down my career... I was young and already regarded as one of the greatest scientific minds of a generation. I was looking forward to a career in the the pursuit of the truth, in the pursuit of science. That Vulcan gave me two choices. Either re0invent myself as a geologist or join the Phoenix as one of your science officers. Geology is not a particular strength of mine. So I chose the course that let me remain among the stars."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Archangel let out a quiet sigh. She had been faced with similar situations before, where she was given a choice that wasn't really a choice at all, when your life branched off in two different directions and all you wanted to do was continue straight onwards.

"Although it's probably not what you want to hear, I'm glad that you chose this assignment. You're turning out to be a fine first officer."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 pm

"You know... I think I can I've with the decision. Sometimes I just try to remind myself that we are on the forefront of science out here." She stood up and move towards the window. Julia had to take a moment to look a the field of lights that seemed to go on indefinitely in every direction. "Breakthroughs may be made in the lab, but discoveries are made out here, among the stars. I guess as a Cosmologist I should revel in the opportunity to explore the galaxy in this manner. I am just saddened that I will never know the career that I dreamed of... There is so much out there waiting to be known. Someone else will have to discover it."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:46 pm

"There are plenty of things to be discovered out here, and I'm sure the science department won't stop you from sticking your nose into the interesting things," Archangel replied, placing her teacup on the low table before sitting back and folding her fingers together, the two indexes pressed together and pointing upwards. "Of all the paths to be forced on, this is far from the worst one to walk."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Julia sighed. "You're probably right. There are certainly fates worse than being First Officer on one of the best ships in the fleet." She turned around and leaned against the small lip that protruded from the bottom of the window. "Maybe I'll get to discover something great out here." She let out a slight chuckle. "You know, in between the Vidiians, Romulans, Borg, Klingon's, Cardassians and whoever else decides they want to spend some quality time with us."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 pm

It was difficult to keep the slight smile that threatened to spread over Archangel's face under wraps and, although her lips didn't curve upwards, it was still clear in her eyes.

"Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with three of those species on a rather regular basis seeing as they're part of the crew," she replied, trying to keep the amusement from her voice. She was quite proud of her crew, at the diversity the roster showed. Unfortunately, it also meant that the ship came under the focus of the news nets rather more often than she would have liked.

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm

"I'm sure we will continue to get our fair share of those characters but in the middle of that maybe we will make an amazing discovery or two. I often find myself wondering what my colleagues from that facility are doing now."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Archangel sighed quietly to herself. She was perfectly capable of going and finding out what had happened to those colleagues, through both official and unofficial channels, but there was little to no benefit in doing so.

"Wondering will get you nowhere," she eventually said. "You'll only end up dancing with the Would Be King and you'll never move forward."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debriefing [Julia/Archange]   Today at 9:22 am

Back to top Go down

Debriefing [Julia/Archange]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: