Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: The Last Resort [Corman Stark / Archangel T'Koris]   Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Although she didn't want to let herself feel too much of it at the time, lest it all come to nothing, Archangel couldn't stop the brief flash of relief that crossed her face, nor the slight easing of the tension in her shoulders.  

"I'd certainly appreciate you trying, sir, and I imagine my medical staff will be amongst the first to thank you.  I think they're getting rather tired of my turning up at all hours of the night in far more pieces than I can explain."

Her expression grew a little more serious.  "If possible, I would rather you didn't tell Ga- Commander Arthur about this.  The last time I talk to him about it, it was when I was put on temporary leave from their services, as it were.  He doesn't know that leave was over a while ago."

"Don't expect miracles," Stark said, holding up a hand. "I'm not trying to crush your dreams, but we need to keep things in realistic perspective." He held out his hand, ticking off points on his fingers. "Yes, I know people. A lot of people. Yes, I can rattle cages and chains. Yes, I can piss a lot of people off. Been doing that my entire career. But this isn't something I'll be able to yell at people and make go away. The best I can do is apply as much pressure as I'm able, and try to convince these people that you're not worth the upkeep."

Harsh, maybe, but true. "One more thing, T'Koris," he quietly added. "As far as Arthur goes...don't hold secrets from the people you love. They find out." The next line was quieter, almost as if for himself. "They always find out."

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: The Last Resort [Corman Stark / Archangel T'Koris]   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:35 am

Corman Stark wrote:
"Don't expect miracles," Stark said, holding up a hand.  "I'm not trying to crush your dreams, but we need to keep things in realistic perspective."  He held out his hand, ticking off points on his fingers.  "Yes, I know people.  A lot of people.  Yes, I can rattle cages and chains.  Yes, I can piss a lot of people off.  Been doing that my entire career.  But this isn't something I'll be able to yell at people and make go away.  The best I can do is apply as much pressure as I'm able, and try to convince these people that you're not worth the upkeep."

Harsh, maybe, but true.  "One more thing, T'Koris," he quietly added.  "As far as Arthur goes...don't hold secrets from the people you love.  They find out."  The next line was quieter, almost as if for himself.  "They always find out."

"Believe me when I tell you that I know my chances of getting out of this are slim to none," Archangel replied. "I have always been... suitably re-educated on that front if I so much as let slip that I was even thinking about it." She shook her head. "If I'm completely honest, sir, I'm just glad that you're not going to turn me over to them as 'trying to leave again'."

There was definitely something behind his warning about telling Gabriel everything, but if he wan't sharing it, he likely wouldn't want to be asked. She wasn't sure if he was tipsy enough not to throw her out an airlock if she did, so she decided to toe the line of caution.

"I wish that I could, sir, but as far as he's concerned, I'm on their 'retired' roster. He... He didn't deal very well with it before. Seeing me coming back injured so many times, maybe even the knowledge that one day I wasn't going to come back at all, I'm sure it was a large part of why he was forced to go on medical leave."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down

The Last Resort [Corman Stark / Archangel T'Koris]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: