Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:20 am


Exchange officer's log, Lieutenant Raynor Hughes reporting.  I have been assigned to the USS Phoenix from the Fleet base.  Whether this is a temporary action or not, I cannot know at this time.  What is known, however, is that I am to serve as science and tactical adviser as the ship ventures further into territories left to their own device during the Dominion War.  The Federation is back...but we are not alone.

End log.


[Bridge]

Raynor stood in the back of the Phoenix's bridge, surveying the quiet bustle of activity.  He couldn't help but compare it to the bridge of the Starbreaker, the Imperial Klingon Ship upon which he'd served in the war.  It had been much more cramped, of course.  Hazy.  Dark.  Dangerous.  Just like the Klingon psyche itself.  

Here, things were brighter.  More optimistic.  It was a quiet kind of optimism, though, couched in the tentative hesitation of a child who has been snakebitten but is still brave enough to stick their hand in the hole.  Because...they've been promised that something worthwhile waits in the dark.

The Klingon quietly stepped toward the command center.  His footfalls were instinctively soft enough to belie his large frame.  It was a kind of stepping that he'd honed as a youth, hunting wild creatures on Archanis, and later Earth.  Toe, heel.  Toe, heel.  Not heel-first, like the way someone walked when they never had anything hunting them in their life.

"This sector saw heavy action throughout the war," Raynor said to the captain.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 am

[Bridge]

Although they had been schedualed to take shore leave, the Phoenix had unfortunately had to postpone those plans, having to content themselves with the couple of days they had taken on Starbase Athena while the ship was repaired and the crew attended the winter festivities.  Such was the life in Starfleet.  The missions always came first, even when you would much rather be taking shore leave somewhere warm and sunny.

Raynor Hughes wrote:
The Klingon quietly stepped toward the command center. His footfalls were instinctively soft enough to belie his large frame. It was a kind of stepping that he'd honed as a youth, hunting wild creatures on Archanis, and later Earth. Toe, heel. Toe, heel. Not heel-first, like the way someone walked when they never had anything hunting them in their life.

"This sector saw heavy action throughout the war," Raynor said to the captain.

Archangel sat in the captain's chair, going over various reports, including some sent over from the Romulan Empire concerning the sector they were being sent out to.  Hearing soft footsteps coming toward her, she looked up from a dry report from a Warbird assigned to the neighbouring sector to the one they were headed for.

"That's what the reports are telling me, Lieutenant," she replied with a slight smile as she took in the Klingon.  The Phoenix had taken on a couple of the Athena's crewmembers for cross-training, giving them the chance to get out amongst the stars and help the ship's standard crew with any unexpected events.  "How are you and Ensign Telak settling in?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 pm

[Sickbay]

It was clear from the moment that she set foot in sickbay that Zero was in a bit of a mood. The reason for that mood was fairly well known though: she was due a physical. It was her last check up following the Romulan incident, the last time she would have to sit through another medic poking at the same places they had and asking her if the nightmares had gone away yet.

Sighing heavily, she looked around, hoping that Kintiss was around so that she could get the whole experience over with sooner rather than later.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
It was clear from the moment that she set foot in sickbay that Zero was in a bit of a mood.  The reason for that mood was fairly well known though: she was due a physical.  It was her last check up following the Romulan incident, the last time she would have to sit through another medic poking at the same places they had and asking her if the nightmares had gone away yet.

Sighing heavily, she looked around, hoping that Kintiss was around so that she could get the whole experience over with sooner rather than later.

[Sickbay]

After the excitement of the Christmas party, it was back to business as usual for Kintiss. He’d disposed of the skimpy piece of fabric Q had given him out of fear that, if he put it on, it would grow teeth and attack him. From what he’d read of the Q, there was almost always a catch involved with one of their boons.

It was with a bored heart that he’d made himself his customary morning Raktajino to keep his energy levels high for the day and stumbled into Sickbay, preparing himself for the inevitable physicals. One of today’s unfortunate examinees happened to be Zero Alpha. Good. He was eager to catch up with her progress in a professional capacity.

“Morning, Alpha,” he said casually, carrying a PADD and a medical tricorder along with his cup. “Ready to sssstart?”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:08 pm

Kintiss wrote:
It was with a bored heart that he’d made himself his customary morning Raktajino to keep his energy levels high for the day and stumbled into Sickbay, preparing himself for the inevitable physicals. One of today’s unfortunate examinees happened to be Zero Alpha. Good. He was eager to catch up with her progress in a professional capacity.

“Morning, Alpha,” he said casually, carrying a PADD and a medical tricorder along with his cup. “Ready to sssstart?”

[Sickbay]

Zero had been starting to wonder if she could get away with hiding in her lab in order to avoid her physical, but that plan was soon thwarted by the arrival of the doctor assigned to her. She did note, with some amusement, that he was carrying a cup of Raktajino, which seemed to be a constant for the Selay medic. It was far more common to see him with a cup than without. One day, she was really going to have to have words with him about his caffeine intake.

"I do not believe that 'ready' is a state that I will achieve," she remarked dryly. "However, I have been told that if one begins an unpleasant activity early, then it will also finish early."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"That's what the reports are telling me, Lieutenant," she replied with a slight smile as she took in the Klingon.  The Phoenix had taken on a couple of the Athena's crewmembers for cross-training, giving them the chance to get out amongst the stars and help the ship's standard crew with any unexpected events.  "How are you and Ensign Telak settling in?"

[Bridge]

"Just fine," Raynor replied, wondering why the captain was choosing now to chat him up. Of course, she could just be acting friendly. Romulans and Klingons weren't known for their amazing get-togethers and picnics. But, she'd proven herself to be a woman of honor. Jiseth may have tried to mutiny against her, but that was a problem that Raynor was intelligent enough to not touch. "We've settled in. The quarters're quite a bit smaller than on Athena, but...I don't think that bothers either of us."

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Just fine," Raynor replied, wondering why the captain was choosing now to chat him up.  Of course, she could just be acting friendly.  Romulans and Klingons weren't known for their amazing get-togethers and picnics.  But, she'd proven herself to be a woman of honor.  Jiseth may have tried to mutiny against her, but that was a problem that Raynor was intelligent enough to not touch.  "We've settled in.  The quarters're quite a bit smaller than on Athena, but...I don't think that bothers either of us."

[Bridge]

"Well, you are on a starship now, not a base," Archangel pointed out lightly, not intending her remark to be a serious one. Raynor wasn't someone she knew well, but rather knew through other people. Ilana was the one Archangel knew well, from the time she had been a medical cadet.

Moving on to more serious matters, she gestured to the stack of PADDs sitting next to her. "Since you are, at least in part, our tactical advisor, what can you suggest our approach be?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Bridge]

Although they had been schedualed to take shore leave, the Phoenix had unfortunately had to postpone those plans, having to content themselves with the couple of days they had taken on Starbase Athena while the ship was repaired and the crew attended the winter festivities.  Such was the life in Starfleet.  The missions always came first, even when you would much rather be taking shore leave somewhere warm and sunny.

Archangel sat in the captain's chair, going over various reports, including some sent over from the Romulan Empire concerning the sector they were being sent out to.  Hearing soft footsteps coming toward her, she looked up from a dry report from a Warbird assigned to the neighbouring sector to the one they were headed for.

Moving on to more serious matters, she gestured to the stack of PADDs sitting next to her. "Since you are, at least in part, our tactical advisor, what can you suggest our approach be?"

Bradley stood in the turbolift more excited than he could ever remember being in a long time. He was finally back aboard a Starship. It had been roughly two years ago that his grandparent’s health had necessitated his transferring from the USS Churchill to the Engineering Department of Starfleet Academy on Earth.

In that time, he’d become a professor, worked with the R&D team of Starfleet’s Engineering Division, written the new official Starfleet Academy Engineering Textbook, started growing his hair out to three inches long rather than shaving it every two weeks, and even found love with a beautiful woman back on Earth.

But as he stood in the turbolift and took a huge wiff of air in through his nose (for purely sentimental reasons of course, for he smelt only clean air) he knew that being on a starship was what made him the most happy.

He’d always enjoyed the design of Nebula class starships such as the USS Phoneix. They were compact so they took up less room and materials, but still incredibly complex and functional. He thoroughly enjoyed how they were (in some respects) the pinnacle of starship design within the Federation.

And so yes, he was incredibly delighted to be in the turbolift of the USS Phoneix that had just left space dock some small time ago. With many of the students (some called them cadets) at Starfleet Academy having the holiday break off, and his grandmother and grandfather now deceased, he’d had extra time on his hands. Luckily for him, his request for a temporary stay on board a starship had been approved, and he’d even gotten assigned to one whom he knew the captain of.

From his earlier contact with Captain T’Koris, he’d been pleasantly surprised to learn that she remembered him, and as his turbolift approached the bridge he only hoped that she pictured him as a friend just as much as he thought of her as one.

His official title for this outing was civilian. He was to act as an Engineering expert and adviser for the USS Phoneix and her captain. However he planned to do whatever the captain asked him to, regardless of any titles.

The door made it’s all too wonderfully familiar woosh sound, and Bradley stepped through it and immediately snapped to attention.

“Captain, Lieutenant Bradley Miller, reporting for duty.”

For a brief moment, Bradley’s eyes swept the room and noticed Raynor (whose name he couldn’t quite remember) standing next to T’Koris. His mind indulged a brief moment of thought, thinking how amazing it was that the galaxy had come all the way from the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans being enemies at war, to them all now being collaborative friends.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero had been starting to wonder if she could get away with hiding in her lab in order to avoid her physical, but that plan was soon thwarted by the arrival of the doctor assigned to her.  She did note, with some amusement, that he was carrying a cup of Raktajino, which seemed to be a constant for the Selay medic.  It was far more common to see him with a cup than without.  One day, she was really going to have to have words with him about his caffeine intake.

"I do not believe that 'ready' is a state that I will achieve," she remarked dryly.  "However, I have been told that if one begins an unpleasant activity early, then it will also finish early."

[Sickbay]

"Flawlessss logic," Kintiss said as he downed the Raktajino. He needed his hands free and he couldn't very well perform an examination with a coffee cup in one hand. He activated the medical tricorder and ran it over the unwilling medical officer. She wasn't suffering from any detectable disease. In fact, her vitals were well above average.

"Physssically, you sssseem fine," he noted as he inputted the tricorder's recordings onto the PADD. "What about your mental condition?" He didn't mean to sound blunt. That was just a side-effect of being a doctor. "Eating well? Getting enough ssssleep? Sssseeing the Counssselor?" That last question was important for her especially. After her incident with the Tal Shiar, Alpha could definitely benefit from counseling, he thought.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Flawlessss logic," Kintiss said as he downed the Raktajino. He needed his hands free and he couldn't very well perform an examination with a coffee cup in one hand. He activated the medical tricorder and ran it over the unwilling medical officer. She wasn't suffering from any detectable disease. In fact, her vitals were well above average.

"Physssically, you sssseem fine," he noted as he inputted the tricorder's recordings onto the PADD. "What about your mental condition?" He didn't mean to sound blunt. That was just a side-effect of being a doctor. "Eating well? Getting enough ssssleep? Sssseeing the Counssselor?" That last question was important for her especially. After her incident with the Tal Shiar, Alpha could definitely benefit from counseling, he thought.

[Sickbay]

Having taken a seat on a free biobed, Zero stayed silent as Kintiss began the physical, watching as he ran the tricorder over her. It was strange to think that so many people avoided their physicals when there was little effort required and it was certainly non-invasive.

Once her physical condition had been dealt with, Kintiss unfortunately turned his attention to her mental form, which had been decidedly under par since the incident. As much as she wanted to lie to him, she knew that it was pointless to lie to another medical professional. They tended to see right through you.

"No," was her simple answer, since it encompassed all three questions.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes



Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 479
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Well, you are on a starship now, not a base," Archangel pointed out lightly, not intending her remark to be a serious one.  Raynor wasn't someone she knew well, but rather knew through other people.  Ilana was the one Archangel knew well, from the time she had been a medical cadet.

Moving on to more serious matters, she gestured to the stack of PADDs sitting next to her.  "Since you are, at least in part, our tactical advisor, what can you suggest our approach be?"

Bradley Miller wrote:
“Captain, Lieutenant Bradley Miller, reporting for duty.”

For a brief moment, Bradley’s eyes swept the room and noticed Raynor (whose name he couldn’t quite remember) standing next to T’Koris. His mind indulged a brief moment of thought, thinking how amazing it was that the galaxy had come all the way from the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans being enemies at war, to them all now being collaborative friends.

[Bridge]

Ah, tactical advisor. Raynor was a man of learning and science, but he also was Klingon. And...Klingons didn't just enjoy war. They lived it.

"As of now, nothing much. There are, of course, numerous nebulae in this local sector, which play whatever hell they wish to on ship sensors. As to the battlefield..." He paused for a moment, bringing up his memory. "It was primarily between Romulan and Dominion forces. Jem'Hadar lunatics and Breen." The twist in his mouth left little to the imagination as to just what he felt about those two things.

Raynor turned as a newcomer approached them, nodding to the man, returning to one of the consoles.

_______________________________

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Ah, tactical advisor.  Raynor was a man of learning and science, but he also was Klingon.  And...Klingons didn't just enjoy war.  They lived it.

"As of now, nothing much.  There are, of course, numerous nebulae in this local sector, which play whatever hell they wish to on ship sensors.  As to the battlefield..."  He paused for a moment, bringing up his memory.  "It was primarily between Romulan and Dominion forces.  Jem'Hadar lunatics and Breen."  The twist in his mouth left little to the imagination as to just what he felt about those two things.

Raynor turned as a newcomer approached them, nodding to the man, returning to one of the consoles.

Bradley Miller wrote:
“Captain, Lieutenant Bradley Miller, reporting for duty.”

For a brief moment, Bradley’s eyes swept the room and noticed Raynor (whose name he couldn’t quite remember) standing next to T’Koris. His mind indulged a brief moment of thought, thinking how amazing it was that the galaxy had come all the way from the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans being enemies at war, to them all now being collaborative friends.

[Bridge]

Nodding to Raynor to acknowledge his answer to her question, Archangel then turned her attention to the newcomer on the bridge.  A smile crossed her face at the sight of Bradley Miller, an old engineering friend of hers from when she had served with the Tenth Fleet.  That seemed to have been a lifetime ago now, even though it had barely been any time at all in the span of a Romulan's lifetime.  She had to admit though, she did enjoy seeing old faces.

"Commander Miller, it's good to see you again," she said, getting to her feet and gesturing toward her ready room.  "If you'd like to join me, we can discuss your assignment to the Phoenix. Julia, you have the bridge."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |


Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Having taken a seat on a free biobed, Zero stayed silent as Kintiss began the physical, watching as he ran the tricorder over her.  It was strange to think that so many people avoided their physicals when there was little effort required and it was certainly non-invasive.

Once her physical condition had been dealt with, Kintiss unfortunately turned his attention to her mental form, which had been decidedly under par since the incident.  As much as she wanted to lie to him, she knew that it was pointless to lie to another medical professional.  They tended to see right through you.

"No," was her simple answer, since it encompassed all three questions.

[Sickbay]

To be fair, Kintiss had expected her to say that. At least she was honest about it. It saved him having to look her in the eye and discern whether she was lying. Reading her was difficult, if not impossible at times. While he found it a little unnerving, it had to be an advantage at poker games.

"Well, then, you have ssssomething to work towardsss for next time," he said. At least he wasn't prescribing her a relaxation regiment. Those could be nightmarish, despite the name. "Sssserioussssly, visssiting the Counsssselor can help." It had helped him, at least, after Meclanti. "I'll update your file and you can return to your dutiessss."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Kintiss wrote:
To be fair, Kintiss had expected her to say that. At least she was honest about it. It saved him having to look her in the eye and discern whether she was lying. Reading her was difficult, if not impossible at times. While he found it a little unnerving, it had to be an advantage at poker games.

"Well, then, you have ssssomething to work towardsss for next time," he said. At least he wasn't prescribing her a relaxation regiment. Those could be nightmarish, despite the name. "Sssserioussssly, visssiting the Counsssselor can help." It had helped him, at least, after Meclanti. "I'll update your file and you can return to your dutiessss."

[Sickbay]

It took quite a bit of effort not to pull a face at the other doctor, but Zero managed it. The last thing she wanted to have to do was sit in front of the counsellor and listen to platitudes or put together plans on how she could deal with the trauma better while having no intentions of actually following through with them since they were based on a lie in the first place.

Instead of giving him an answer to his recommendation and possibly hurting his feelings, or worse, causing him to declare her unfit for duty, she decided to simply ignore the fact that he had said anything at all.

"Thank you," was her answer as she hopped off the biobed. "I have several projects requiring my attention."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Nodding to Raynor to acknowledge his answer to her question, Archangel then turned her attention to the newcomer on the bridge.  A smile crossed her face at the sight of Bradley Miller, an old engineering friend of hers from when she had served with the Tenth Fleet.  That seemed to have been a lifetime ago now, even though it had barely been any time at all in the span of a Romulan's lifetime.  She had to admit though, she did enjoy seeing old faces.

"Commander Miller, it's good to see you again," she said, getting to her feet and gesturing toward her ready room.  "If you'd like to join me, we can discuss your assignment to the Phoenix."

Bradley relaxed his posture before saying simply (with a huge grin on his face)

"And you too captain. Certainly." He said as made the transition from bridge to ready room, following her politely.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Bradley Miller wrote:
Bradley relaxed his posture before saying simply (with a huge grin on his face)

"And you too captain. Certainly." He said as made the transition from bridge to ready room, following her politely.

[Ready Room]

Archangel's ready room was a study in balance between the strong starship captain and the softer, maternal side. Beside the stacks of PADDs on her desk was a holophoto frame cycling through images of her family, her husband and two little girls.

"Help yourself to the replicator," she said as she took a seat behind her desk. "I understand you're only on temporary assignment to the Phoenix?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Ready Room]

Archangel's ready room was a study in balance between the strong starship captain and the softer, maternal side.  Beside the stacks of PADDs on her desk was a holophoto frame cycling through images of her family, her husband and two little girls.

"Help yourself to the replicator," she said as she took a seat behind her desk.  "I understand you're only on temporary assignment to the Phoenix?"

“Thank you captain.” Bradley said with a slight bow as he moved to the replicator. “Hot chocolate.”

He took the cup and moved to sit across from his new captain.

“Indeed. I’m teaching at the Academy now, and they’ll want me back when semester starts up again, so … unfortunately my stay isn’t indefinite.”

He gently sipped the still very hot drink as he awaited more questions from his former crewmate and still friend.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Bradley Miller wrote:
“Thank you captain.” Bradley said with a slight bow as he moved to the replicator. “Hot chocolate.”

He took the cup and moved to sit across from his new captain.

“Indeed. I’m teaching at the Academy now, and they’ll want me back when semester starts up again, so … unfortunately my stay isn’t indefinite.”

He gently sipped the still very hot drink as he awaited more questions from his former crewmate and still friend.

[Ready Room]

"No one's stay on a starship is indefinite, not even the captain's," Archangel replied with a smile. The thought of the Academy widened that smile a little. "Teaching? Well, rather you than me. I don't think I'd manage a year of teaching cadets if they were as obnoxious as my year were. Although, if you're still there in 10 or 12 years, you might have my daughters in your class."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Ready Room]

"No one's stay on a starship is indefinite, not even the captain's," Archangel replied with a smile.

Bradley couldn't help but smile and nod at her point.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
 The thought of the Academy widened that smile a little.  "Teaching?  Well, rather you than me.  I don't think I'd manage a year of teaching cadets if they were as obnoxious as my year were.  Although, if you're still there in 10 or 12 years, you might have my daughters in your class."

At this however, Bradley chuckled. "It'd be an honor to assist your daughters in learning."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:36 am

Bradley Miller wrote:
Bradley couldn't help but smile and nod at her point.

At this however, Bradley chuckled. "It'd be an honor to assist your daughters in learning."

[Ready Room]

Archangel couldn't help but smile at the thought that he would look forward to having her daughters in his class. They were only young, her eldest having only just started primary education, but it was clear that they were going to be both highly intelligent and smart alecs.

"You say that now, Commander, but I don't think you've encountered them recently. Seika's turning into quite the smart mouthed one. You may regret thinking that they'd be an honour to have in class."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Instead of giving him an answer to his recommendation and possibly hurting his feelings, or worse, causing him to declare her unfit for duty, she decided to simply ignore the fact that he had said anything at all.

"Thank you," was her answer as she hopped off the biobed.  "I have several projects requiring my attention."

[Sickbay]

"Likewisssse. Don't forget to call me if you need to. I'll be working late tonight." Kintiss could understand her itching to get back to work. He, too, had something to work on, and he'd prefer to do it alone. The work had something of a quite sensitive nature, and wasn't officially part of his medical duties. He was curious about something, and, like any Selay, he couldn't let it go until he found answers.

For now, however, he was content to administer physicals and go about his daily duties, forever bracing himself for the worst.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Posts : 389
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:35 pm

[Bridge]

"Aye Captain." Julia smiled as she watched T'Koris move across the bridge with their guest officer. The young commander ran her hands along the arms of her chair, feeling the subtle vibrations and movements of the vessel. Doesn't feel right. She thought and shifted her eyes to the small display attached to her chair. "Ensign M'Rai. Something doesn't feel right? She's a little shaky. How is she handling for you?"

_______________________________

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Posts : 32
Join date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Ready Room]

Archangel couldn't help but smile at the thought that he would look forward to having her daughters in his class.  They were only young, her eldest having only just started primary education, but it was clear that they were going to be both highly intelligent and smart alecs.

"You say that now, Commander, but I don't think you've encountered them recently.  Seika's turning into quite the smart mouthed one.  You may regret thinking that they'd be an honour to have in class."

Bradley smiled again and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Ah but you forget, I've been teaching for two years now. Not to mention my mother being a teacher before me. I've seen the worst of student behavior. Plus, I'm sure your daughters revolts will always be of a more intelligent nature."

Bradley smiled warmly at his old friend, confident for the first time that she still thought of him in the same way that he thought of her, and that their friendship hadn't died in the years that past.

He couldn't help but think that they had business to attend to, but he shoved the thought aside to relish a rare moment of friendship.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Bradley Miller wrote:
Bradley smiled again and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Ah but you forget, I've been teaching for two years now. Not to mention my mother being a teacher before me. I've seen the worst of student behavior. Plus, I'm sure your daughters revolts will always be of a more intelligent nature."

Bradley smiled warmly at his old friend, confident for the first time that she still thought of him in the same way that he thought of her, and that their friendship hadn't died in the years that past.

He couldn't help but think that they had business to attend to, but he shoved the thought aside to relish a rare moment of friendship.

[Ready Room]

"I'll remind you of that comment when you find yourself having to take them to task for dismantling something just because they happened to have the tools to do so," Archangel replied with a smile. "Aria's only just coming up on three and she's already learned how to take a tricorder apart."

She glanced up at the chronometre on the wall, stifling a sigh. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this reunion short. I need to deal with some ship's business. Why don't you head down to Engineering and say hello to Commander Arthur?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign


Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Aye Captain." Julia smiled as she watched T'Koris move across the bridge with their guest officer. The young commander ran her hands along the arms of her chair, feeling the subtle vibrations and movements of the vessel. Doesn't feel right. She thought and shifted her eyes to the small display attached to her chair. "Ensign M'Rai. Something doesn't feel right? She's a little shaky. How is she handling for you?"

[Bridge]

Persephone did enjoy being on the bridge. Sure, it got a little boring from time to time when they were doing a long trek to a mission sight, and working down in the shuttle bays was interesting in its own way, but she missed being in the thick of things, being where the decisions were being made.

Unfortunately, being on the bridge for her meant that she was flying the ship. A hair-raising experience in itself when the ship was behaving itself, but when it wasn't? Well, she had a lot of hair to raise.

"Not well, sirrrr. She's fighting me a little. Diagnostics arrrre rrrreporrrting a possible prrrroblem with the inerrrtial dampenerrrrs."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Today at 9:23 am

Back to top Go down
 
Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: