AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:54 am

First Officers Log, supplemental. We are currently proceeding on course to the Kulep system, Kulep IV specifically, at warp 7. A probe sent by Starfleet indicated signs of an ancient culture. We happened to be close by so we have been sent to investigate. Preliminary reports don't show anything to remarkable. Just an O-Type star. But this mission of exploration is a welcomed change of pace from our more politically charged missions of late. Our goal is to take a survey from orbit and possibly send a survey team to the surface, if the initial scans prove interesting. End log.

[Bridge]

Julia sat in her chair on the bridge and sipped her coffee as the operations around her continued at their usual pace. She was reviewing the data that the earlier probe had collected. Things had been quiet on the Phoenix, just the way Julia preferred it.

"Ensign M'Rai, what's our ETA to Kulep IV?" She shifted her eyes to tactical. "Lieutenant Pardek, keep an eye on those sensors? Anything worth noting? And Lieutenant Kejal, did the Chief work out those problems with our transporters? When we arrive we will likely need to beam down a large survey team. I don't want to be halted by a non functional transporter."

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:43 am

Buris didn't like being on the Bridge when someone was taking apart and analyzing a critical system like the transporters. As Rellek said, if the transporters went haywire, they were going to be in trouble. And like her, he expected the worst - when they were offline was when they would be needed most. He cleared his throat and sighed lightly, turning his chair and looking at Rellek. He'd been watching over the reports, ready to pester the team if he saw something that put him off-center. "Based on reports from the team down below, the transporters should be functional when you call for them, Commander. And while ship's transporters are offline due to a level one diagnostic of the imaging scanner, we've got all transporter-equipped shuttles slaved to ship's computer, being guided by the main scanner system for lock-on. Barring anything drastically unforeseen, we should have transporter function restored to normal within the hour, and even without it, we'll be fine."

Knowing that she was a scientist, not an Engineer, he tried to limit the shop talk to a minimum. But as a CO, she had to know which pieces of the Transporter were being examined. He was getting a little worried that he'd come off as 'the shuttle guy' when it came to solutions, but in the end, they effectively had a wing of smaller vessels aboard, each one self-sufficient - and capable of being used to enhance the mother ship. It seemed only logical to him, and he'd never been downgraded in his classes at the Academy, or told that it wasn't a reasonable solution anywhere he'd been before.

Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:22 am

[Captain's Ready Room]

The work of a captain was never done, especially when combined with that of a mother. When Gabriel had been called back to Earth to the Academy, they had decided not to uproot the girls again to go with them. They had both started school and made friends with the handful of other children on the ship. It wasn't fair to them to make them start again. Without Gabriel there to support her, Archangel had finally, with much grumbled complaining, accepted to take on a yeoman, a bright young Caitian who adored children and served part time in the security department. It was a situation Archangel had never thought to find herself in.

Sitting behind her desk, she shook herself out of the moment's indulgence in thinking about how odd it had been to see her yeoman bringing her stacks of PADDs from her ready room rather than having gone to get them herself. She had work to get through if she wanted to get through everything and be able to go off duty at the end of her shift rather than half-way through the next.

The next task she had to do was thankfull one that she generally quite enjoyed. Tapping her commbadge, she said:

"T'Koris to Lieutenant Kintiss, please report to my ready room."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia sat in her chair on the bridge and sipped her coffee as the operations around her continued at their usual pace. She was reviewing the data that the earlier probe had collected. Things had been quiet on the Phoenix, just the way Julia preferred it.

"Ensign M'Rai, what's our ETA to Kulep IV?" She shifted her eyes to tactical. "Lieutenant Pardek, keep an eye on those sensors? Anything worth noting? And Lieutenant Kejal, did the Chief work out those problems with our transporters? When we arrive we will likely need to beam down a large survey team. I don't want to be halted by a non functional transporter."

[Bridge]

It was a pleasure to be working on the bridge again after having to pull shifts in the shuttlebay. Shuttles were all well and good, but to be at the controls of the silver lady herself was the best place for a pilot.

Her ears twitched as she heard the commander address her, her eyes flicking to the appropriate area of her console where the information needed was displayed.

"Commanderrrrr, ourrrrr ETA is apprrrrroximately two hourrrrs and five minutes," she replied professionally.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The next task she had to do was thankfull one that she generally quite enjoyed. Tapping her commbadge, she said:

"T'Koris to Lieutenant Kintiss, please report to my ready room."

[Sickbay]

It was halfway through his fifth Raktajino of the day when Kintiss was summoned to the Captain's ready room. He was both surprised and concerned, since it was rare that someone was called to the ready room for a good thing.

=/\="On my way,"=/\= he responded before downing the rest of the Klingon coffee and leaving Sickbay. On the turbolift ride up, he couldn't help but wonder what he was being called for. Maybe it was something to do with Lieutenant Commander Arthur's incident in the Jeffries Tube. That seemed to be the only thing notable he'd done recently.

Unless, of course, she knew about what he'd been doing after hours. And he thought he'd been careful about that.

[Bridge]

The last time he'd been on the bridge, he'd been sorting out Lieutenant Jiseth's dislocated arm and had been witness to an argument. Today, however, things seemed calm. Maybe it wasn't going to last, but it was nice to not see the officers at each other's throats.

Approaching the door to the ready room, he pressed the door chime and waited for a response from the Captain.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Kintiss wrote:
=/\="On my way,"=/\=

Approaching the door to the ready room, he pressed the door chime and waited for a response from the Captain.

[Ready Room]

Looking up from the pile of paperwork that seemed to breed on her desk every time she turned her back on it when the door chime rang, Archangel called for the visitor to enter, smiling slightly when she saw Kintiss step inside.

"Thank you for being so prompt, Kintiss. Please, help yourself to the replicator if you would like anything," she said in greeting, catching an enterprising tribble as it scooted across her deck and placing it back to the side.

Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Thank you for being so prompt, Kintiss.  Please, help yourself to the replicator if you would like anything," she said in greeting, catching an enterprising tribble as it scooted across her deck and placing it back to the side.

[Captain's Ready Room]

"Thank you, Captain," Kintiss replied as he went to the Captain's replicator. He decided against ordering a Raktajino since he'd just had one. Instead, he went for a drink that he'd heard some of the crew term a "root beer". He'd been curious about the drink ever since, but had never found the time to sample it until today.

"I admit, I wasss ssssurprisssed when you called," he said as he cradled the newly-materialised glass of root beer. "I thought you might call for Doctor Telak or Alpha. Why call for me?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Thank you, Captain," Kintiss replied as he went to the Captain's replicator. He decided against ordering a Raktajino since he'd just had one. Instead, he went for a drink that he'd heard some of the crew term a "root beer". He'd been curious about the drink ever since, but had never found the time to sample it until today.

"I admit, I wasss ssssurprisssed when you called," he said as he cradled the newly-materialised glass of root beer. "I thought you might call for Doctor Telak or Alpha. Why call for me?"

[Ready Room]

Although she didn't comment on his choice of beverage, Archangel couldn't help her lip quirking upwards as he told her of his surprise at being called to her ready room. She couldn't really fault him for that. Generally, when people were called into the ready room, it was to be dressed down for whatever misdeads they may have committed. The fact that he mentioned Ilana and Zero caused her to make a mental note to take a look at what they had been doing recently.

"No, you're the medic I wanted to speak to," she replied, selecting one PADD from the various piles on her desk and scanning the contents briefly. "To put it briefly, Kintiss, you've been noticed. Several people have commented on your skills and actions with your crewmates. Your work on restoring Alpha to her current condition was another element that was noticed.

"I'd like you to take on the role of Chief Medical Officer, with an immediate promotion to full Lieutenant, if the position interests you."

Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"No, you're the medic I wanted to speak to," she replied, selecting one PADD from the various piles on her desk and scanning the contents briefly. "To put it briefly, Kintiss, you've been noticed. Several people have commented on your skills and actions with your crewmates. Your work on restoring Alpha to her current condition was another element that was noticed.

"I'd like you to take on the role of Chief Medical Officer, with an immediate promotion to full Lieutenant, if the position interests you."

[Captain's Ready Room]

Kintiss shouldn't have been sipping the root beer, because he almost inhaled a good chunk of it. Spluttering in surprise, he took a moment to fully absorb what had been said. He had NOT been expecting to hear that. All the while, he'd just been doing his job. To be offered the CMO job...it was practically everything he wanted out of his career. It was always nice to be recognised, after all.

"I...I don't know what to ssssay," he stammered. "I...yessss, I'm interessssted." How could he turn this down?

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Kintiss shouldn't have been sipping the root beer, because he almost inhaled a good chunk of it. Spluttering in surprise, he took a moment to fully absorb what had been said. He had NOT been expecting to hear that. All the while, he'd just been doing his job. To be offered the CMO job...it was practically everything he wanted out of his career. It was always nice to be recognised, after all.

"I...I don't know what to ssssay," he stammered. "I...yessss, I'm interessssted." How could he turn this down?

[Ready Room]

Archangel smiled at her new CMO. She knew of very few people who would turn down a promotion although, looking back, she did wonder if she shouldn't have turned down the promotion to first officer of the Chin'Toka what seemed like all those years ago.

Bringing her mind sharply back to the present, she unearthed a little black, velvet box that she had prepared earlier, sliding it across the desk toward him.

"Then the job's yours. You may come to regret it in, say, two weeks' time, but that's the problem we all face when we take on a role with more responsibility. I'm sure you'll do just fine though." For a moment, she debated whether or not this new promotion entitled him to know the nature of certain individuals under his leadership, but she decided against it. If he had concerns, he'd ask.

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:
[Bridge]

It was a pleasure to be working on the bridge again after having to pull shifts in the shuttlebay. Shuttles were all well and good, but to be at the controls of the silver lady herself was the best place for a pilot.

Her ears twitched as she heard the commander address her, her eyes flicking to the appropriate area of her console where the information needed was displayed.

"Commanderrrrr, ourrrrr ETA is apprrrrroximately two hourrrrs and five minutes," she replied professionally.

[Bridge]

"Thank you Ensign." Julia nodded while cradling the silver coffee cup in her hand.

Kejal Buris wrote:
Buris didn't like being on the Bridge when someone was taking apart and analyzing a critical system like the transporters.  As Rellek said, if the transporters went haywire, they were going to be in trouble.  And like her, he expected the worst - when they were offline was when they would be needed most.  He cleared his throat and sighed lightly, turning his chair and looking at Rellek.  He'd been watching over the reports, ready to pester the team if he saw something that put him off-center.  "Based on reports from the team down below, the transporters should be functional when you call for them, Commander.  And while ship's transporters are offline due to a level one diagnostic of the imaging scanner, we've got all transporter-equipped shuttles slaved to ship's computer, being guided by the main scanner system for lock-on.  Barring anything drastically unforeseen, we should have transporter function restored to normal within the hour, and even without it, we'll be fine."

Knowing that she was a scientist, not an Engineer, he tried to limit the shop talk to a minimum.  But as a CO, she had to know which pieces of the Transporter were being examined.  He was getting a little worried that he'd come off as 'the shuttle guy' when it came to solutions, but in the end, they effectively had a wing of smaller vessels aboard, each one self-sufficient - and capable of being used to enhance the mother ship.  It seemed only logical to him, and he'd never been downgraded in his classes at the Academy, or told that it wasn't a reasonable solution anywhere he'd been before.

Julia set her coffee down and stood up to stretch her legs a bit. "Thank you for the update Lieutenant and what an ingenious idea." She chuckled. "Its a good thing that we have those shuttles down there. You need their systems frequently." She noticed that the Lieutenant seemed to be fidgeting in his seat. She knows he likes to be a part of the solution. He's not satisfied simply reporting and monitoring. "Lieutenant, Ensign young is in transporter room one working on the issue. Would you like to join her? As Ensign M'Rai noted, we have two hours until our arrival."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Then the job's yours.  You may come to regret it in, say, two weeks' time, but that's the problem we all face when we take on a role with more responsibility.  I'm sure you'll do just fine though."  For a moment, she debated whether or not this new promotion entitled him to know the nature of certain individuals under his leadership, but she decided against it.  If he had concerns, he'd ask.

[Captain's Ready Room]

Setting aside the glass of root beer, Kintiss picked up the velvet box and opened it. Inside was all the confirmation of this promotion not being an elaborate hoax he needed. There was a pip in there. A proper Lieutenant pip, buffed so as to look shiny and new. He could even see himself reflected in it. This was really happening, then.

"Thank you, Captain," he said as he closed the box. He was going to wait until he got back to Sickbay to put it on. How would the others react to it, he wondered. "Isss there anything elssse I can do for you while I'm here?"

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:40 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Setting aside the glass of root beer, Kintiss picked up the velvet box and opened it. Inside was all the confirmation of this promotion not being an elaborate hoax he needed. There was a pip in there. A proper Lieutenant pip, buffed so as to look shiny and new. He could even see himself reflected in it. This was really happening, then.

"Thank you, Captain," he said as he closed the box. He was going to wait until he got back to Sickbay to put it on. How would the others react to it, he wondered. "Isss there anything elssse I can do for you while I'm here?"

[Captain's Ready Room]

Archangel couldn't help the slight smile that draw one corner of her lips upwards as she took in Kintiss' reaction to the pip in the box. He deserved the promotion. If anything, it was overdue. After all, he had to deal with a crew who were probably the most allergic to sickbay of the entire fleet. The patience necessary to deal with everyone had to be legendary.

"No, I think that was all, Lieutenant," she replied with a smile. "I'm sure your colleagues will congratulate you on the news."

Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel couldn't help the slight smile that draw one corner of her lips upwards as she took in Kintiss' reaction to the pip in the box.  He deserved the promotion.  If anything, it was overdue.  After all, he had to deal with a crew who were probably the most allergic to sickbay of the entire fleet.  The patience necessary to deal with everyone had to be legendary.

"No, I think that was all, Lieutenant," she replied with a smile.  "I'm sure your colleagues will congratulate you on the news."

[Captain's Ready Room]

"Then I believe I have dutiesss to attend to," Kintiss said as he kept a firm grip on the pip box. He'd put it on when he was back in Sickbay. "Thank you again." He quickly downed the rest of his root beer, noticing that it had somehow become even more delicious. "I'll try to uphold the sssstandardssss that have been held up to me."

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Then I believe I have dutiesss to attend to," Kintiss said as he kept a firm grip on the pip box. He'd put it on when he was back in Sickbay. "Thank you again." He quickly downed the rest of his root beer, noticing that it had somehow become even more delicious. "I'll try to uphold the sssstandardssss that have been held up to me."

[Captain's Ready Room]

"I have no doubt that you will," Archangel replied with a smile. She had never known Kintiss not to perform his duty, more often than not doing so with a Raktajino nearby, but he had still received glowing reviews from all of the other medical personnel. Even Zero, which had come as something of a surprise given the Augment's distain for the majority of her colleagues.

Once Kintiss had left, she spent a few more minutes going over paperwork, then shook her head and pushed it all to one side, getting up from her desk and heading out onto the bridge.

"How are we doing, Commander?"

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

[Sickbay]

The new anti-rejection medication was playing hell with Ilana's systems. It was still early days in her course of treatment and getting the balance right would take time. It also didn't help that she couldn't really tell the difference between the side effects of the medication or the symptoms of the rejection itself.

She braced herself briefly against a biobed, blinking a few times and trying to remember when her last dose had been. The answer she came up with was 'too long'. Unfortunately, as a medic herself, she didn't approve of self medicating on something so important. She shook her head, looking around to see if she could spot Kinitss.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 pm

[Engine Room]

Leela had spent the better part of the afternoon working with Ensign Young to get the transporter online. Her and Ensign Young has established an open comm line and worked through the worst of the issues. Now she sat in her chair, at the diagnostic console, pouring over the data.

"Damn it!" She yelled. Her words echoed throughout the engine room. "Nelkar, I'm struggling to isolate the power fluxuations? There isn't a damned reason, from what I can see, as to why these transporters shouldn't be functioning. If the captain says energize and nothing happens... Well the results won't be pleasant. Can you take a look at this?"

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Captain's Ready Room]

"I have no doubt that you will," Archangel replied with a smile.  She had never known Kintiss not to perform his duty, more often than not doing so with a Raktajino nearby, but he had still received glowing reviews from all of the other medical personnel.  Even Zero, which had come as something of a surprise given the Augment's distain for the majority of her colleagues.

Once Kintiss had left, she spent a few more minutes going over paperwork, then shook her head and pushed it all to one side, getting up from her desk and heading out onto the bridge.

"How are we doing, Commander?"

"Ma'am." Julia stood up as the captain stepped onto the bridge and addressed her. "Helm reports that we less than two hours from the Kulep system. Lieutenant Pardek continues to scan the region and Engineering reports the transporters are still offline. However, Ensign you assures m that they will be operational by the time we arrive to our destination."

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 am

[Transporter Room 1]

Buris had taken off from the Bridge the moment that Julia gave him any kind of 'out'. Walking into Transporter Room 1, the whole damn thing was a mess, and apparently it was more than just the imaging sensor that was out of whack. He saw parts of the ACB, the Compensator, everything but the hardware for the backup image buffer, strewn about and hooked up to diagnostics. Rather than do as he wanted and either make a lot of noise; or just kick Young out and start fixing it himself, he tried to work with the Ensign. He'd just been given command of the Section, after all, and Chief Callan would expect him to work with the team, not in spite of them.

Kaz came through the open comm line, complaining about the possibility of the transporters simply not functioning. His voice was calm - especially so considering she'd just asked Gul Epath to work on a critical system. "That's not a concern, Ensign. We have the shuttles set up in case we need the transporters in a hurry. Now relax and just work through it. The last random power fluctuation this bird had nearly cost a man his life."

He was referring, of course, to the injury of Commander Arthur - he wondered who was in command down there without him, and was terrified that it might be Epath... he'd have to address that later with the Captain, in private.

Still, he looked at Young and expected answers from Kaz, trusting them to have gone through the base inspections. So he had to go to the 'weird'. "Okay, let's see. You've dismantled the transporter, hooked it up to diagnostic gear and checked the parts. Power-cycled, cleared the EPS taps more than once. Can we get an internal sensor report in here? We could have an EM field variance, or we might have an ACB that's still within 'acceptable range' messing with the EPS system. Even if we're only looking at a 10 millicochrane variance up or down, that'd be enough to throw this thing into the next system."

[Bridge]

On the bridge, the Ops station would be reporting that the ship was passing through what appeared to be a series of radio transmissions. At this distance, given that they were traveling at Warp 7, the radio transmissions were very old, and difficult to decipher that there was even a pattern in all the static. Once deciphered, they'd have to be fed to the Universal Translator, because it would just sound like gibberish to the crew.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
[Sickbay]

The new anti-rejection medication was playing hell with Ilana's systems.  It was still early days in her course of treatment and getting the balance right would take time.  It also didn't help that she couldn't really tell the difference between the side effects of the medication or the symptoms of the rejection itself.

She braced herself briefly against a biobed, blinking a few times and trying to remember when her last dose had been.  The answer she came up with was 'too long'.  Unfortunately, as a medic herself, she didn't approve of self medicating on something so important.  She shook her head, looking around to see if she could spot Kinitss.

[Sickbay]

When he made his way back to Sickbay, Kintiss was pleasantly surprised to see Ilana there. She was probably there to get her anti-rejection medication for the week. Her presence served as a reminder to him.

"I'll be with you in a ssssecond, Doctor Telak," he said as he went past her. "Jussst need to take care of ssssomething firssst." That "something" being his fancy new Lieutenant pip.

As he fastened it to the uniform, he took a moment to let it sink in. Lieutenant Kintiss, Chief Medical Officer. He'd done well for himself. Very well indeed.

"Right," he said as he came over to Ilana with a hypospray. "I asssssume you're here for your injection?"

Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am

Kintiss wrote:
When he made his way back to Sickbay, Kintiss was pleasantly surprised to see Ilana there. She was probably there to get her anti-rejection medication for the week. Her presence served as a reminder to him.

"I'll be with you in a ssssecond, Doctor Telak," he said as he went past her. "Jussst need to take care of ssssomething firssst." That "something" being his fancy new Lieutenant pip.

As he fastened it to the uniform, he took a moment to let it sink in. Lieutenant Kintiss, Chief Medical Officer. He'd done well for himself. Very well indeed.

"Right," he said as he came over to Ilana with a hypospray. "I asssssume you're here for your injection?"

[Sickbay]

Ilana nodded silently to Kintiss as he passed, content to stay by the biobed and await his return. She wasn't in any hurry after all. All of her in patients were resting and all of her paperwork was up to date. The only thing she had left to do was check over the inventory to make sure that they weren't missing anything and make a list of anything they would need to stock up on next time they had the chance.

When the Selay came back out of his office, she looked up, smiling slightly. With the attention to detail so inherent in her species, she picked up immediately on the change in his rank. Her smile grew and she inclined her head to him.

"C-c-congratulations," she said before going on to answer his question. "Y-y-yes, I th-th-think I'm d-d-due. Is th-th-this th-th-the n-n-new d-d-dose?" Since it was still a very new course of medication, a lot of tailoring had to be done to ensure that she was getting the right dose of the right medications. Of course, the tailoring took time and was, essentially, a case of trial and error.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
On the bridge, the Ops station would be reporting that the ship was passing through what appeared to be a series of radio transmissions.  At this distance, given that they were traveling at Warp 7, the radio transmissions were very old, and difficult to decipher that there was even a pattern in all the static.  Once deciphered, they'd have to be fed to the Universal Translator, because it would just sound like gibberish to the crew.

[Bridge]

At her station, Persephone tensed, the helm starting to fight against her as if there was something interfering with the smooth functioning of the ship's propulsion. Her ears flattened back against her skull as she tried to bring it back under control and not give everyone on the ship space sickness.

"Can someone check the sensorrrrs, please?" she called out. "I need to know what I need to compensate forrrrr!"

"It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:06 am

Kejal Buris wrote:
[Transporter Room 1]

Buris had taken off from the Bridge the moment that Julia gave him any kind of 'out'.  Walking into Transporter Room 1, the whole damn thing was a mess, and apparently it was more than just the imaging sensor that was out of whack.  He saw parts of the ACB, the Compensator, everything but the hardware for the backup image buffer, strewn about and hooked up to diagnostics.  Rather than do as he wanted and either make a lot of noise; or just kick Young out and start fixing it himself, he tried to work with the Ensign.  He'd just been given command of the Section, after all, and Chief Callan would expect him to work with the team, not in spite of them.

Kaz came through the open comm line, complaining about the possibility of the transporters simply not functioning.  His voice was calm - especially so considering she'd just asked Gul Epath to work on a critical system.  "That's not a concern, Ensign.  We have the shuttles set up in case we need the transporters in a hurry.  Now relax and just work through it.  The last random power fluctuation this bird had nearly cost a man his life."

He was referring, of course, to the injury of Commander Arthur - he wondered who was in command down there without him, and was terrified that it might be Epath... he'd have to address that later with the Captain, in private.

Still, he looked at Young and expected answers from Kaz, trusting them to have gone through the base inspections.  So he had to go to the 'weird'.  "Okay, let's see. You've dismantled the transporter, hooked it up to diagnostic gear and checked the parts.  Power-cycled, cleared the EPS taps more than once.  Can we get an internal sensor report in here?  We could have an EM field variance, or we might have an ACB that's still within 'acceptable range' messing with the EPS system.  Even if we're only looking at a 10 millicochrane variance up or down, that'd be enough to throw this thing into the next system."

[Bridge]

On the bridge, the Ops station would be reporting that the ship was passing through what appeared to be a series of radio transmissions.  At this distance, given that they were traveling at Warp 7, the radio transmissions were very old, and difficult to decipher that there was even a pattern in all the static.  Once deciphered, they'd have to be fed to the Universal Translator, because it would just sound like gibberish to the crew.

[Engineering]

Leela rolled her eyes as she heard Kejal come through with the comment regarding the shuttlecraft. =/\="I understand that, Lieutenant. But the point is that we should have functioning transporters. Everything looks fine on my end? What can you see?"=/\=

Ensign
Ensign

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:33 am

Kejal Buris wrote:
[Transporter Room 1]

Buris had taken off from the Bridge the moment that Julia gave him any kind of 'out'.  Walking into Transporter Room 1, the whole damn thing was a mess, and apparently it was more than just the imaging sensor that was out of whack.  He saw parts of the ACB, the Compensator, everything but the hardware for the backup image buffer, strewn about and hooked up to diagnostics.  Rather than do as he wanted and either make a lot of noise; or just kick Young out and start fixing it himself, he tried to work with the Ensign.  He'd just been given command of the Section, after all, and Chief Callan would expect him to work with the team, not in spite of them.

Kaz came through the open comm line, complaining about the possibility of the transporters simply not functioning.  His voice was calm - especially so considering she'd just asked Gul Epath to work on a critical system.  "That's not a concern, Ensign.  We have the shuttles set up in case we need the transporters in a hurry.  Now relax and just work through it.  The last random power fluctuation this bird had nearly cost a man his life."

Still, he looked at Young and expected answers from Kaz, trusting them to have gone through the base inspections.  So he had to go to the 'weird'.  "Okay, let's see. You've dismantled the transporter, hooked it up to diagnostic gear and checked the parts.  Power-cycled, cleared the EPS taps more than once.  Can we get an internal sensor report in here?  We could have an EM field variance, or we might have an ACB that's still within 'acceptable range' messing with the EPS system.  Even if we're only looking at a 10 millicochrane variance up or down, that'd be enough to throw this thing into the next system."

[Bridge]

Kristen sat on the floor surrounded by components of the transporter system. Her hair was disheveled and her uniform jacket had been unzipped in the name of comfort. "I'm not sure Lieutenant." Her head fell into her hand in desperation. "I'm not even able to get the diagnostic systems online to tell me what the hell is happening."

Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:43 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

[Bridge]

Julia heard a beep coming from the Ops console. In the absence of Kejal she stepped away from the Captain and moved behind the Ops console. "There is something out there sir." She moved through the sensor logs trying to get a better signal.

"Lieutenant Pardek, I'm detecting an artificial structure. Can you clear this up?"

— Dr. Carl Sagan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Today at 3:10 am

Back to top Go down

Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix-
Jump to: