Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:50 pm

[Observation Lounge]

Zero sat quietly in the observation lounge, watching the stars glimmering through the viewport. They were stationary, waiting on the science crews to finish their readings on a nearby stellar phenomenon, but the young Augment still had a sense of foreboding. Something was going to go horribly, horribly wrong, she just knew it. She may be new to this whole gastrointestinal tract premonitions, but this one was ringing all of her alarm bells.

Hearing the door open behind her, she turned her head, catching Leela out of the corner of her eye. They had agreed before to go dancing at that time, but Zero had flaked at the last minute, going to the lounge instead to sit in the starlight.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Leela stepped through the doors of the observation. She chose to wear the purple leotard again. Being that she was moving through the ship she placed a skirt on over it. She located Zero in the corner. She was excited to join Zero in an escape from her reality. She had never seen Zero so comfortable.

With a smile and and a slight wave she made her way across the room. "Zero! Its good to see you. I'm glad we were able to keep our appointment this time."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Zero turned her head back to stare out of the viewport, pretty much ignoring the Trill as she stroked the ears of her canine companion. Ghost, who had also lifted his head to look at Leela, rested it back on his master's knee, offering her his silent comfort.

"I must apologise and cancel our scheduled practise," she replied softly. "I find myself feeling unwell."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:13 pm

"Cancel." Leela's smile quickly diminished. "Again Zero? Is everything okay? What is it this time?" Leela suddenly felt awkward and out of place in observation lounge, dressed to dance. Zero had already cancelled twice before. She was starting to think that there was a reason Zero didn't want to spend time with her.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:59 pm

"My apologies," Zero replied quietly, ducking her head to look at her feet. She wasn't sure how to explain her feelings, how to tell her that she could feel that there was something dark on the horizon without being able to offer any form of concrete proof. "I find myself feeling... unwell."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:59 am

Leela could read between the lines, something was effecting her friend. Whatever it was weighed heavily on her mind." What is it Zero?" The Trill asked.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:06 pm

"I am unable to ascertain the exact nature of my unease," Zero replied, staring out at the immobile stars. "Doctor Kincaede would instruct me to analyse such an internal sensation and determine if there is a logical cause. I have attempted to do so, but found nothing. I was always told to banish the sensation if that was the case, but despite significant efforts on my part to do so, it continues to plague me.

"I feel a great foreboding, as if someone is watching my every move, as if an unpleasant event is about to pass." She turned to look at the Trill, a faint frown of fear and concern marring her pale brow. "I have not experienced the like since the raid which took me from Doctor Kincaede's care."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Leela looked at Zero, perplexed. She seemed so ill-at-ease. The Trill wasn't quite sure what was going on but given it was Zero she whole heartedly believed that she was likely making something from nothing. "Zero, everything is alright. What can you possibly be so uneasy about?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:56 pm

"If I was aware of the answer to that inquiry, do you not believe that I would have been able to resolve the issue?" Zero muttered back, glaring at the Trill out of the corner of her eye.

Before she could say much more, however, her commbadge chirped, signalling an incoming message:

"Transporter room to Lieutenant Alpha, you have a visitor requesting to see you."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:01 pm

"I guess you would have." Leela sighed.

Zero Alpha wrote:
"Transporter room to Lieutenant Alpha, you have a visitor requesting to see you."

Leela was surprised to hear that Zero had a visitor. Especially considering that the Phoenix was currently in, what could only be described as, the middle of nowhere. "Wonder who the heck that could be?" She queried.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Zero had also frowned at the message, wondering just who it could be, and who they would come out so far just to meet up with the Phoenix? Glancing at the Trill, she got to her feet, clicking her tongue to Ghost. The canine jumped to his feet, tail wagging as he followed his master out of the observation lounge.

The trip to the transporter room wasn't long by any means, but Zero couldn't help but feel the sense of foreboding grow stronger and stronger with each step that she took. When the doors opened in to the transporter room, she froze, eyes wide, at the sight of Admiral Corinth standing waiting for her.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Leela followed Zero through the corridors feeling her tension with each passing step. As the doors slid opened she saw Corinth's face from behind Zero's shoulder. She quickly reacted with the social reflex's of Juval, as the trained diplomat. A wide smile filled her face. "Corinth! Welcome to the Phoenix! What brings you here?"

She repositioned her body in front of Zero's to give her time to acclimate to the fact that he was standing in the same room as him.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Although she wouldn't say it, Zero was grateful for the buffer provided by the Trill. It gave her enough time to adjust to the shock before turning on her heel and rapidly making a break for it. Corinth sighed quietly, shaking his head and offering the transporter chief a slight smile.

"Children. Not always glad to see their parents, even after a long time in space!" he joked. "Never mind, I'll catch up with my old friend before going after her. "Stepping up to Leela, he put a companiable but firm arm around the Trill's shoulders, steering her out of the transporter room. "You have a lot to fill me in on."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Leela resisted the urge to shudder when Corinth wrapped is disgusting arm around her. The she regained her composure. "Very well, we'll catch up first." She looked over to Zero. "Why don't you and Ghost go relax for a bit. I'll entertain the Admiral, Zero." She smiled and walked alongside of him out of the transporter room.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Zero was already long gone before Leela even had a chance to finish what she was saying. Corinth, on the other hand, kept his arm around the Trill, steering her where he wanted to go. They ended up in one of the Phoenix's briefing rooms where he finally let go of her, walking to the head of the table and leaning his hands on the back of the chair.

"So, bring me up to date on our little project."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Our project. Leela thought. How dare he speak about her in such a manor. With her smile painted on. "Yes, yes. The project." She wasn't sure how the best angle to play this was. Her instinct was to downplay and omit and progress that Zero had made. "Its a tough road Corinth. She progresses slowly. She seems unable to break her shell and develop beyond what she currently is. It always feels like one step forward, two steps back. Maybe we should continue this conversation in my quarters?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Corinth actually seemed to be pleased at the lack of progress that Leela was describing, not even making an effort to conceal it. Her suggestion to continue the discussion in her quarters was given due consideration before graciously inclining his head.

"Good idea. We'll be able to have a good discussion without fear of being interrupted, and it'll be easier for Alpha to find us."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:43 pm

[Leela's Quarters]

They stepped through the doors and Leela quickly moved to gather a few things off the couch. "Here take a seat." She suggested. "Can I get you something to drink. Perhaps some Alderian Whiskey?" She chuckled as she reached for a bottle of brown liquid from the top of her impromptu bar area. "Its the real stuff too... Your favorite if memory serves me right." Her initial thought was to poison the drink, but then she considered what she might tell security and opted against the tactic.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Leela's quarters were, as usual, a study in organised chaos. Corinth raised an eyebrow slightly, remembering that the former host hadn't been quite so messy. He did, however, take a seat on the newly cleared sofa, instantly making himself at home.

"That would be delightful," he replied to the offer of a drink. "So, Alpha's progress is on track then?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Leela poured the drink and set the glass in front of him as she began to speak. "Well, I've been trying but unfortunately she doesn't seem to respond well to my assistance. I somehow struggle to see how shell ever live completely on her own. She depends on me for far to much." Leela was hoping the lie wasn't as transparent as she felt it was.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 pm

"Excellent," Corinth replied, a satisfied beam on his face. He picked up the glass, taking a sip and savouring the flavour. "As long as it continues to depend on others for simple tasks, it will never reach the point in which it can be released from the custody of my team. That is, after all, our ultimate goal. Alpha can never be allowed out into the galaxy on its own. Who knows what it'll do or create?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:26 pm

"Yes, yes." Her usual warm smile melted away to a much straighter expression. She knew she couldn't dare chastise him for is use of pronouns but she was able to dream of yelling and screaming at him. "You are certainly correct. But don't worry. There isn't much she can get into out here. I keep her on a short leash."

It pained Leela to speak of her friend in such a manor but she knew that if Corinth didn't buy into what she was selling the consequences for Zero would be untold horrors. She had never felt as bad for Zero as she did in that moment.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Corinth waved his hand dismissively. "I know you won't let it get up to anything major out here, you understand the risks involved in letting it out. My concern is keeping its development arrested enough to ensure that it doesn't ever leave Medical's custody. Alpha must remain under our guidance until it dies." He took another sip of his drink, observing the Trill over the top of his glass. "Won't you have a drink with me and sit down?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:42 pm

The Trill was hesitant to drink. She needed to keep her mental capacities. However, in an effort to maintain appearances she lured a small glass and sat on the couch next to him. "Alright, you convinced me." She chuckled. "So back to Zero? How exactly do you intend to stunt her growth permanently. There is only so much I can do to hinder the process?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 pm

"Make sure you keep it confused as to social interactions, deny access to hobbies that don't tie in to its work, enforce the rules I've already laid down," Corinth replied, shrugging one shoulder. "It shouldn't be difficult to maintain the groundwork that's already been laid out. Fear is a very powerful tool, especially when it's fear of an unknown consequence to an action."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Today at 3:08 am

Back to top Go down

Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: