Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:31 am

"Of course." Leela nodded. "I haven't had any issues with her stepping out of line. She seems to live within established parameters. But you are right about one thing. Fear is definitely a strong motivator for her. It was a proven success for you? Wasn't it?" She had always heard Zero accounts. She desired to hear it from the source himself. She wasn't sure how but she planned to nail him to a wall with it on day. She reached into her pants pocket, discreetly, and activated a small recording device.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 am

"Emotionally, Alpha's still a child," Corinth said, taking another sip. "As such, sometimes childish methods are needed to keep it in line. Parents have been using fear for centuries to stop their children from doing silly things, whether it's a fear of being grounded or a fear of the bogeyman. It's a useful tool if applied correctly."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm

"Yes, yes." Leela said nodding slightly. "It certainly must be applied in a very precise manner or it can backfire. It can be easy for someone to go to far. Don't you agree?" The trill took a small sip of her drink being careful not to become intoxicated.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:01 pm

"Going too far, is of course completely relative," Corinth replied. "Some will fold at the slightest touch and must be handled with care while others can take far more pressure before any damage is done. To be honest, that last category are the ones you have to be more careful with. They tend to hide their fears as deep as possible and not let anyone see."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 am

"Which category would you put Zero into?" Leela shifted her position slightly making herself more comfortable and settling in for her conversation with Corinth. "Through my dealings with her I have discovered that she seems to have a multitude of fears that could make her suseptable to a wide array of attempts to keep her in line."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 am

"Alpha is a case all on its own," Corinth replied, a slight frown appearing between his eyebrows as Leela used the Augment's first name rather than its designation. Was she growing soft on their project like the last one had? "It defies most categories we try to fit it into. Fears are no exception to that rule, it would seem. Tell me, what kind of fears have you come across?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:39 pm

Leela paused for a moment. She didn't want to elude to a developing friendship with the augment. "Well.." She picked up her drink to stall and took a sip. "Claistetphobia... That's an obvious one." She leaned in closer. As of others could potentially here. "I once locked her in a wooden box on the homosexual. It was necessary. She had stepped out of line. She tried to question my authority. I had to stop that in its tracks." It pained her to speak of her friend in such a manor. But it was important to Leela that Corinth believed her.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:23 pm

"I have also come across that one," Corinth agreed with a slight nod. "My psychiatric colleagues managed to trace that back to the circumstances under which it arrived at Starfleet Medical. I'm afraid the officers who brought it to us were less than gentle and understanding. It was brought to us in a rather small cargo crate and apparently had been confined there for a number of days." He took another sip of his drink. "Anything else?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:19 pm

"That explains a lot." Leela nodded. "She obviously has had a lot of issues. But come on Corinth, they weren't the only ones to use a box? Ive seen her reaction to the mere mention of your name. You are probably the single biggest motivator I've used. She will do anything to keep you away..."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 am

Corinth smiled slightly. "Not everyone appreciates the work their guardians put into bringing them up," he replied with a shrug of one shoulder. "Can you honestly tell me that none of your hosts have ever avoided their parents at some time or another?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:58 am

"Absolutely. Trill parents are notorious. You know that Corinth. The pressure to become joined and excel at the program. You're likely right. That's all it is. Maybe she just doesn't appreciate everything you've done?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm

"Kaz," Corinth said, letting out a mirthless laugh. "Alpha has never appreciated just how much work went in to keeping it alive rather than being destroyed along with the rest of Doctor Kincaede's research. In fact, the only reason it's still breathing is because the commanding officer of the team who lead the raid on his lab didn't have the heart to kill a child and because my team was willing to be its guardian, but to hear it speak about it, we might as well have done nothing to keep it alive."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:08 am

Leela sighed slightly. "All children eventually come around, I should know, I've been a parent enough myself. Although it may take 30 or 40 years in her case." She let out a slight chuckle as she took another sip of her drink.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 am

Corinth's previous suspicion about the Trill's relationship with their charge returned as she continued to speak. On the one hand, he recognised his old friend's reassurances, but on the other hand, there seemed to be a connection with the Augment that allowed her to make such assurances about it.

"Perhaps," he replied, taking another sip of his drink. He would restrict himself to the one. It was hard enough to keep up with the Augment's intellect at times and being drunk would do him no favours. "So, tell me what else you've managed to learn about it."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:32 pm

With a final sip she finished off the contents of her glass. Giving her the necessary time to cultivate an answer. "To be honest, not much. She is hesitant to speak to me. She is obviously afraid of me, or perhaps more adequately put, my relationship with you."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Corinth raised one eyebrow, contemplating the Trill. The previous handler he had had on Alpha's case had turned soft and tried to be a friend to her. How people managed to befriend a creature that belonged in a lab, he didn't really understand, but it had happened and he was determined to ensure that it didn't happen again. It could undermine everything he was trying to do.

"Interesting," he commented. "Now, I think we've talked enough. I'd like it to be brought in so that I can evaluate its progress myself."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:58 pm

"Of course." Leela stood up and adjusted her uniform. She flashed a small crooked smile toward Corinth and tapped her communicator.

=/\="Lieutenant Zero Alpha, please join us in my quarters."=/\=

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:04 pm

When the communication came through, Zero had been sitting in her lab, a place she felt safest.  The message undermined that feeling though.  She whimpered quietly to herself.  As much as she was afraid of seeing Corinth, the consequences of disobeying that order were far more terrifying.  So, after acknowledging the message, she headed for the Trill's quarters.

After pressing the chime and waiting to be let in, Zero stood to attention in the middle of the living area, doing her best to keep staring out of the viewport and not trembling.  Unfortunately, she wasn't quite so successful on the second.  Corinth observed her from his place on the couch, apparently enjoying the fact that the Augment seemed so scared.

"I always find it surprising just how little it changes physically.  The rest of my team have done quite a few tests to try and determine why that might be, but the results so far are inconclusive."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun May 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Leela stood as her friend entered the room. She wanted nothing more than to grab Corinth by the neck and slam him into the glass table every time he uttered the word it. The word seemed to hit her ears with the percussive force of a tidal wave. The Trill was never fully prepared to hear it. She would get her chance one day, but today was not that day.

"Yes, very curious."

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun May 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Placing his glass on the table, Corinth got to his feet and started to walk in a slow circle around Zero, his step almost predatory. The Augment trembled slightly, but didn't step away from him. Finally, Corinth came to a stop in front of her, taking her chin into his hand and twisting her head from side to side as he observed her. Zero gave a quiet whimper, starting to lean back to free herself from the touch, but Corinth's other hand came to rest on her throat and she froze immediately.

"Yes, the conditioning is still in place," he observed. "A little reminder needed about standing still, but otherwise good. I'll need to give you the instructions on how to maintain her behaviour, Kaz."

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun May 01, 2016 9:54 pm

"Of course."

Leela was beginning to gain confidence in their plan. He didn't seem to suspect anything. She folded her hands and placed them behind her back.

"I'll be certain to follow the to the letter." She added.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Sun May 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Corinth smirked, starting to inspect Zero more closely, looking for any marks that could be construed as from disciplining. On first glance, he had seen nothing, but a first glance wouldn't fool a medical officer or anyone who suspected that something more might be going on. For a few moments, Zero tolerated it, squeezing her eyes shut and trembling. Then a hand roamed in a manner that could have been considered inappropriate and Zero's control snapped. In one quick movement, her knee jerked upward, connecting with Corinth's crown jewels. He doubled over for a split second. Zero took a step back, realising what she had done, but it was too late for her to run as Corinth grabbed her by the neck, squeezing hard enough that her breath wheezed as she struggled to draw in air.

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 am

Leela stepped back, stunned at what she was seeing. Time seemed to slow for a few moments as the Trills instincts took control. With her right hand she grasped Corinth's hand and with every bit of might her small body could muster. She forced his hand from her neck and pulled it to her shoulder. With Corinth behind her her extensive training in Suus Mahna seemed to take a hold of her. With everything she could muster she swung Corinth over her shoulder. He seemed to fly over his head and fell into the glass table in front of them. She table seemed to shatter into millions of pieces as Corinth crashed through it. Glass seemed to fill the room from end to end. With no regard for the mans well-being Leela turned to Zero.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue May 03, 2016 3:01 pm

When Corinth's hand had been forced from her neck, Zero crumpled to the deck plates, coughing and gasping for air. The admiral remained dazed for a few moments, bleeding from a handful of shallow cuts from the broken glass glittering around him.

Zero looked up at Leela, obviously still shaken by the experience. Her hand was at her throat, a protective barrier in case someone else decided to grab it. Given her pallor, it was easy to see the bruises starting to blossom underneath the skin from Corinth's fingers.

"I am... I will be fine," she murmured before freezing, seeing Corinth starting to pick himself up from the remains of the table.

"What was that, Kaz?" he demanded. "Are you going soft on this freak as well?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm

"Good. I'm glad you're alright. Step aside Zero, I'll take care of this." With a gentle motion from her hand she ushered Zero to the side to put herself in between her and Corinth.

As Corinth picked himself up she stepped over him. "Didn't look very soft to me. Sir" She added with a crooked smirk. Leela picked him up using only the collar of his uniform. She brought him in closely to her face and spoke in a calm soft tone. "Now listen to me, because I'm only going to say this one time. I know all of the same people you do. I have the same connections you do. And I also know 71 ways of killing someone using nothing but an index finger." Her finger hovered slightly above his face. "Thanks to your old friend, Juval. He wouldn't have condoned this behavior and neither will I. So let me be crystal clear here. You will stop and release her from whatever hold you have on her or I will kill you and see that your cohorts jailed. At least that way she would be safe."

PostSubject: Re: Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]   Today at 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: