Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Seeing Clearly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Seeing Clearly   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 am

It was the Phoenix's night shift, and Kintiss was spending another sleepless night in Sickbay, flicking through medical records and files. His third Raktajino of the evening sat next to him, untouched. There was something bothering him, and he couldn't get it out of his head. It concerned one of the medical officers under him, one that he'd taken a professional interest in several months ago.

Zero Alpha.

Something about her didn't sit right with him. He'd started noticing it when he was performing reconstructive surgery after the incident with the Tal Shiar. Physically, she had recovered quickly. Far quicker than any Human he'd ever seen. There were, of course, notes in her medical record, but he found that he couldn't bring himself to believe them.

There were other signs, too. Differences in mannerisms and speech that might not have been picked up by the layman. He'd noticed it at the Christmas party, despite the distraction of the Q. She'd said she was "functioning" well. Who said that, outside of a computer? He'd never seen her eat, either. Things like that made him wonder about her, until he couldn't bear it anymore. He had to know, but he couldn't ask her to her face. It might make her suspicious.

He was, of course, fully prepared to accept that he might be chasing a red herring, and that this was just paranoia brought on by having too many Raktajinos. If that were the case, though, why was he pressing forward? There was more to this than he suspected, and there was probably only one other person on this whole ship, aside from Alpha herself, who knew the answer.

=/\="Kintissss to Captain T'Korisssss,"=/\= he said as he tapped his combadge. =/\="Report to Ssssickbay. I need to sssspeak with you."=/\=

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Kintiss wrote:
=/\="Kintissss to Captain T'Korisssss,"=/\= he said as he tapped his combadge. =/\="Report to Ssssickbay. I need to sssspeak with you."=/\=

Kintiss wasn't the only officer sitting up and burning the midnight oil. After putting the girls to bed and cleaning up from their post-dinner art activities, she had sat down at the workstation in her quarters and set to work on the mountain of paperwork that inevitably began to pile up as soon as she turned her back on it. If she didn't know better, she would have sworn that it bred whenever she wasn't looking.

When the call came through from sickbay, she immediately started to go through what she hadn't done. Missed an appointment? Just her usual ducking out of counselling. Physical? Yes, that was a possibility. Had he been keeping an eye on her replicator records and shifts? Perhaps, but unlikely. Then again, if any of those were the case, wouldn't he be more likely to contact her at the beginning of alpha shift rather than in the middle of the sleep shift?

Rather than sit in her quarters and wonder about it, Archangel bit the bullet, acknowledging the message and grabbing her uniform jacket, shrugging it on as she activated the holositter and left her quarters.


After having her usual, nervewracking hesitation outside the doors into sickbay, she finally worked up the courage to walk into her least favourite place on any starship and headed for the Chief Medical Officer's office and pressing the chime.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
After having her usual, nervewracking hesitation outside the doors into sickbay, she finally worked up the courage to walk into her least favourite place on any starship and headed for the Chief Medical Officer's office and pressing the chime.

The sound of the door chime made Kintiss look up from his work and hiss "Enter." Sipping on his Raktajino as the door slid open, he was glad to finally see the Captain standing in the doorway. Honestly, he didn't think it would be this easy to get her to actually go into Sickbay.

"Ah, Captain," he said with a smile. "Ssssorry if I woke you up, but there'sssss an important matter I wissssh to disssscussss with you. It's not your physsssical, don't worry. That'ssss not for another week. Pleasssse, take a sssseat," he added, gesturing to the empty chair on the opposite side of his desk. He did wonder how she would take the question he was about to pose to her. Would she get angry and avoid answering the question, or would she tackle it head on?

"A matter hassss come up that'ssss quite ssssenssssitive in nature, and it concerned one of our crew," he began, steepling his scaled hands. "Sssspecifically, Lieutenant Alpha." He leaned forward, planting his elbows on the desk. "I wasss hoping you would be able to sssshed ssssome light on the ssssubject."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:05 am

Kintiss wrote:


The sound of the door chime made Kintiss look up from his work and hiss "Enter." Sipping on his Raktajino as the door slid open, he was glad to finally see the Captain standing in the doorway. Honestly, he didn't think it would be this easy to get her to actually go into Sickbay.

"Ah, Captain," he said with a smile. "Ssssorry if I woke you up, but there'sssss an important matter I wissssh to disssscussss with you. It's not your physsssical, don't worry. That'ssss not for another week. Pleasssse, take a sssseat," he added, gesturing to the empty chair on the opposite side of his desk. He did wonder how she would take the question he was about to pose to her. Would she get angry and avoid answering the question, or would she tackle it head on?

"A matter hassss come up that'ssss quite ssssenssssitive in nature, and it concerned one of our crew," he began, steepling his scaled hands. "Sssspecifically, Lieutenant Alpha." He leaned forward, planting his elbows on the desk. "I wasss hoping you would be able to sssshed ssssome light on the ssssubject."

As soon as her upcoming physical was mentioned, Archangel immediately began to compile excuses in her mind as to why she wouldnt't be able to make it and why she would have to reschedule. Thankfully, that wasn't the subject of the meeting and she took a seat in the chair he gestured to.

"No need to apologise, Lieutenant. I was still up, looking over the latest reports," she replied, offering him a slight smile in the knowledge that he couldn't call her out on it since he was also up.

He got straight to the point, which was something that Archangel appreciated, but the particular point that he got to was one that made her grateful for the amount of practise she had had in maintaining a poker face. Zero Alpha. It didn't surprise her in the slightest that Kintiss was picking up on their somewhat strange crewmate. His attention to detail was remarkable and he had been the primary physician attending to her after the Romulan incident.

"Lieutenant Alpha?" she asked carefully. "Is there something wrong with her?"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
He got straight to the point, which was something that Archangel appreciated, but the particular point that he got to was one that made her grateful for the amount of practise she had had in maintaining a poker face.  Zero Alpha.  It didn't surprise her in the slightest that Kintiss was picking up on their somewhat strange crewmate.  His attention to detail was remarkable and he had been the primary physician attending to her after the Romulan incident.

"Lieutenant Alpha?" she asked carefully.  "Is there something wrong with her?"

"I initially thought ssssso," Kintiss replied as he decided to go into more detail. "When I wassss working on her reconssstructive ssssurgeriesss. I picked up ssssome...anomaliesss in her DNA." To emphasise his point, he showed her a scan he'd taken when Alpha had arrived in Sickbay. "Her recovery wassss quick, too. Too quick for a regular Human, if you asssk me." Now he was getting to the meat of the situation.

"I didn't think anything of it at firsssst, but then I ssstarted noticing thingsss regarding her behaviour," he continued. "Irregular vocabulary, unwillingnessss to eat. If I'm being frank, Captain, I don't think I know the whole truth about her. That troublessss me."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Kintiss wrote:


"I initially thought ssssso," Kintiss replied as he decided to go into more detail. "When I wassss working on her reconssstructive ssssurgeriesss. I picked up ssssome...anomaliesss in her DNA." To emphasise his point, he showed her a scan he'd taken when Alpha had arrived in Sickbay. "Her recovery wassss quick, too. Too quick for a regular Human, if you asssk me." Now he was getting to the meat of the situation.

"I didn't think anything of it at firsssst, but then I ssstarted noticing thingsss regarding her behaviour," he continued. "Irregular vocabulary, unwillingnessss to eat. If I'm being frank, Captain, I don't think I know the whole truth about her. That troublessss me."

Ah, so he was starting to suspect. It could only really have been a matter of time and each day that had passed without him bringing it up was to be considered a blessing. On the other hand, if she played this right, she might be able to delay revealing classified information for just a little longer.

"DNA anomalies?" Archangel asked. "Isn't it possible that those could be natural mutations gained over time?" Of course, she knew that the answer was no. She had seen a list of species genes had been filched from for the Alpha project.

"In terms of her behaviour, surely irregular behaviour is subjective? Unless it makes a detrimental impact on her performance, it could just be a quirk." She offered the Selay a slight smile. "We all have our problems!"

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Ah, so he was starting to suspect.  It could only really have been a matter of time and each day that had passed without him bringing it up was to be considered a blessing.  On the other hand, if she played this right, she might be able to delay revealing classified information for just a little longer.

"DNA anomalies?" Archangel asked.  "Isn't it possible that those could be natural mutations gained over time?" Of course, she knew that the answer was no.  She had seen a list of species genes had been filched from for the Alpha project.  

"In terms of her behaviour, surely irregular behaviour is subjective?  Unless it makes a detrimental impact on her performance, it could just be a quirk."  She offered the Selay a slight smile.  "We all have our problems!"

Kintiss raised an eyebrow. He had considered that possibility, but the data didn’t add up. To his knowledge, Lieutenant Alpha had never been near any of the recorded materials that could produce mutations this blatant, and if she had, it wasn’t in her medical record. Maybe it was just the Selay’s deeply ingrained suspicion of others, but it sounded like the Captain was hiding something. She had the right to, being the Captain and all, but if it jeopardised the running of any of the ship’s departments, then it was worth sharing.

“They’re not. Her performance is exemplary,” he nodded, “but there are thingsssss that don’t add up, like inconsssissstenciesss in her medical record. I think there’ssss ssssomething going on, and I’m not sssure who I can talk to about it.” He almost sounded desperate. “Captain, if you know anything about thissss, I’d be grateful if you could tell me.”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:27 am

Kintiss wrote:
Kintiss raised an eyebrow. He had considered that possibility, but the data didn’t add up. To his knowledge, Lieutenant Alpha had never been near any of the recorded materials that could produce mutations this blatant, and if she had, it wasn’t in her medical record. Maybe it was just the Selay’s deeply ingrained suspicion of others, but it sounded like the Captain was hiding something. She had the right to, being the Captain and all, but if it jeopardised the running of any of the ship’s departments, then it was worth sharing.

“They’re not. Her performance is exemplary,” he nodded, “but there are thingsssss that don’t add up, like inconsssissstenciesss in her medical record. I think there’ssss ssssomething going on, and I’m not sssure who I can talk to about it.” He almost sounded desperate. “Captain, if you know anything about thissss, I’d be grateful if you could tell me.”

This was apparently one time when Archangel's lack of understanding of complex science was proving to be detrimental to her ability to weasel her way out of a difficult situation.  On the one hand, the information Kintiss was asking for was classified.  On the other, he may need that information in the future should anything happen to Zero.  He was the Chief Medical Officer, after all.

She sighed slightly, rubbing her brow ridges.  "Kintiss, the information you're asking for is actually classified, but, as her primary physician, you should probably know.  Have you heard of a man by the name of Doctor Kincaede?"  She suspected that he might have at least heard of the geneticist who had done a lot of work with in genetic research for several races within the Federation, or at least had before his disappearance 25 years previously.

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
She sighed slightly, rubbing her brow ridges.  "Kintiss, the information you're asking for is actually classified, but, as her primary physician, you should probably know.  Have you heard of a man by the name of Doctor Kincaede?"  She suspected that he might have at least heard of the geneticist who had done a lot of work with in genetic research for several races within the Federation, or at least had before his disappearance 25 years previously.

Classified information? It seemed that Kintiss had stumbled upon something that went much deeper. Those words made him pay close attention to the Captain. Classified information was rarely given out, so he was more interested than ever before.

Captain T’Koris began by mentioning one Doctor Kincaede. Kintiss knew the name vaguely. It had come up once or twice in discussion with his Academy instructors. He’d never had the opportunity to read the doctor’s works himself, since it wasn’t relevant to his tests, but he’d been told that it was quite engaging.

“The genetic resssearcher?” he asked. “My xenobiology insssstructor idolissssed him. Ssshe wasss heartbroken when he disssssappeared.” Realising that he was getting off-topic, he brought his thoughts back to the situation at hand. “I don’t undersssstand. What doessss he have to do with Lieutenant Alpha?”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Classified information? It seemed that Kintiss had stumbled upon something that went much deeper. Those words made him pay close attention to the Captain. Classified information was rarely given out, so he was more interested than ever before.

Captain T’Koris began by mentioning one Doctor Kincaede. Kintiss knew the name vaguely. It had come up once or twice in discussion with his Academy instructors. He’d never had the opportunity to read the doctor’s works himself, since it wasn’t relevant to his tests, but he’d been told that it was quite engaging.

“The genetic resssearcher?” he asked. “My xenobiology insssstructor idolissssed him. Ssshe wasss heartbroken when he disssssappeared.” Realising that he was getting off-topic, he brought his thoughts back to the situation at hand. “I don’t undersssstand. What doessss he have to do with Lieutenant Alpha?”

Archangel sat back in her chair to observe the Selay for a moment, still debating her decision in her head as to whether or not to give out this information. It was a big step and, in the wrong hands, the information could prove fatal to Zero if it got into the wrong hands.

"I'm sure you understand the nature of classified information, and your responsibility to keep it that way, so I won't give you the whole speech," she said, a hint of warning in her tone. Before she started on the story, however, she got up and requested a cup of tea from the replicator, taking a sip after sitting back down again. She placed the cup and saucer on the desk.

"When Doctor Kincaede went off the grid, it turns out that he actually went to start on what was named the Alpha project. It was found and his laboratory raided a number of years ago, and Zero was found."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sun May 01, 2016 8:11 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"When Doctor Kincaede went off the grid, it turns out that he actually went to start on what was named the Alpha project.  It was found and his laboratory raided a number of years ago, and Zero was found."

As Kintiss listened to the Captain’s explanation, the pieces fell into place. Doctor Kincaede disappearing to perform what was most likely illicit genetic research? That made sense. He would have had to be away from the watchful eyes of the Federation to get away with something like that. As to where Zero fitted in to this story, part of him wondered if she was his daughter or other relation. The other part of him knew the real answer, and dreaded it.

Zero Alpha. How had he not noticed it? The answer was right there in her name! It probably meant something like “Patient Zero of the Alpha Project”.

He leaned back in his chair, still processing all the information. “Sssso…what you’re ssssaying issss that Lieutenant Alpha wasss a product of thissss “Alpha Project”.” He narrowed his eyes. “What isss ssshe?”

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Sun May 01, 2016 8:26 am

Kintiss wrote:
As Kintiss listened to the Captain’s explanation, the pieces fell into place. Doctor Kincaede disappearing to perform what was most likely illicit genetic research? That made sense. He would have had to be away from the watchful eyes of the Federation to get away with something like that. As to where Zero fitted in to this story, part of him wondered if she was his daughter or other relation. The other part of him knew the real answer, and dreaded it.

Zero Alpha. How had he not noticed it? The answer was right there in her name! It probably meant something like “Patient Zero of the Alpha Project”.

He leaned back in his chair, still processing all the information. “Sssso…what you’re ssssaying issss that Lieutenant Alpha wasss a product of thissss “Alpha Project”.” He narrowed his eyes. “What isss ssshe?”

"Correct," Archangel replied as Kintiss connected the dots between Zero and the project. "Zero's real name is Alpha 01419. You likely saw the designation branded onto her shoulder when you were working on her reconstruction surgery. She was the first and only viable product of Doctor Kincaede's project." Archangel sighed quietly, rubbing her brow ridges again. "Long story short, Zero's an Augment. She's the ward of Starfleet Medical, cared for by a team headed by Admiral Corinth supposedly until she learns to function properly as a contributing member of society and doesn't pose a danger to the Federation."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Mon May 02, 2016 8:02 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Correct," Archangel replied as Kintiss connected the dots between Zero and the project.  "Zero's real name is Alpha 01419.  You likely saw the designation branded onto her shoulder when you were working on her reconstruction surgery.  She was the first and only viable product of Doctor Kincaede's project."  Archangel sighed quietly, rubbing her brow ridges again.  "Long story short, Zero's an Augment.  She's the ward of Starfleet Medical, cared for by a team headed by Admiral Corinth supposedly until she learns to function properly as a contributing member of society and doesn't pose a danger to the Federation."

And there it was. Every bit of evidence pointed Kintiss to that conclusion. He had indeed seen the brand, but had assumed it was something else, like an date that was important to her. Still, he was not expecting to learn that Zero Alpha was an Augment. The revelation made him sit back, his eyes wide. With a shaky hand, he gripped his Raktajino and drained it. The rush of caffeine

An Augment on the ship. Surely, that broke some sort of Federation law, but if there was an Admiral involved, as the Captain said, it was probably being overlooked.

"You undersssstand that, ssssince genetic augmentation isss illegal in the Federation," he began, keeping his voice at a neutral tone "I have to report thissss." Report it to whom, though? If an Admiral knew, his report would probably get shot down the moment he sent it. "Admiral Corinth may be perfectly happy to flaunt Federation law, but I am not."

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 am

Kintiss wrote:
And there it was. Every bit of evidence pointed Kintiss to that conclusion. He had indeed seen the brand, but had assumed it was something else, like an date that was important to her. Still, he was not expecting to learn that Zero Alpha was an Augment. The revelation made him sit back, his eyes wide. With a shaky hand, he gripped his Raktajino and drained it. The rush of caffeine

An Augment on the ship. Surely, that broke some sort of Federation law, but if there was an Admiral involved, as the Captain said, it was probably being overlooked.

"You undersssstand that, ssssince genetic augmentation isss illegal in the Federation," he began, keeping his voice at a neutral tone "I have to report thissss." Report it to whom, though? If an Admiral knew, his report would probably get shot down the moment he sent it. "Admiral Corinth may be perfectly happy to flaunt Federation law, but I am not."

Archangel sighed quietly, pinching the bridge of her nose. Of course he wanted to report it. It was the only right thing to do in his position, but she couldn't allow him to do that. It would endanger Zero and screw with his career.

"Kintiss, the brass already know about her, but that's not the major concern. Because of her... her nature, Admiral Corinth has been trying to keep her as underdeveloped as possible so that she has to remain under their care for the rest of her life. If you report her, she'll be recalled back to San Francisco and I don't know if she'll be allowed back out."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Posts : 146
Join date : 2015-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Tue May 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel sighed quietly, pinching the bridge of her nose.  Of course he wanted to report it.  It was the only right thing to do in his position, but she couldn't allow him to do that.  It would endanger Zero and screw with his career.  
"Kintiss, the brass already know about her, but that's not the major concern.  Because of her... her nature, Admiral Corinth has been trying to keep her as underdeveloped as possible so that she has to remain under their care for the rest of her life.  If you report her, she'll be recalled back to San Francisco and I don't know if she'll be allowed back out."

"Ssssso, what, we're jusssst going to keep the lie?" Kintiss couldn't believe what he was hearing. As a doctor, he preferred open and honest discussion, with no secrets save for doctor-patient confidentiality. If Starfleet Captains were keeping secrets that jepoardised their ship, where did it end? "How many othersssss know? Are you willing to risssk their futuresss to keep thissss one ssssecret? Sssshipssss don't run on ssssecretssss!"

Clearly, she was more Romulan than he gave her credit for.

He sat back, his head hurting. Even he had his limits when it came to stress. He picked up his Raktajino cup, only to slam it back down when he realised it was empty. He had a decision put before him, and his mind was made up.

"I'll keep your ssssecret," he said finally. "But know that it givesss me no pleasssure to do ssso. I am going to note thissss in my log and file an official protesssst, asss isss my right." His word would probably be more believable than hers, given that she had taken many pains to avoid visiting Sickbay.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 1715
Join date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Ssssso, what, we're jusssst going to keep the lie?" Kintiss couldn't believe what he was hearing. As a doctor, he preferred open and honest discussion, with no secrets save for doctor-patient confidentiality. If Starfleet Captains were keeping secrets that jepoardised their ship, where did it end? "How many othersssss know? Are you willing to risssk their futuresss to keep thissss one ssssecret? Sssshipssss don't run on ssssecretssss!"

Clearly, she was more Romulan than he gave her credit for.

He sat back, his head hurting. Even he had his limits when it came to stress. He picked up his Raktajino cup, only to slam it back down when he realised it was empty. He had a decision put before him, and his mind was made up.

"I'll keep your ssssecret," he said finally. "But know that it givesss me no pleasssure to do ssso. I am going to note thissss in my log and file an official protesssst, asss isss my right." His word would probably be more believable than hers, given that she had taken many pains to avoid visiting Sickbay.

Archangel sighed again, pinching the bridge of her nose and squeezing her eyes shut in an effort to ward of an imminent headache. It was likely a futile effort, but she knew that she somehow had to communicate just how serious the situation was to the Selay before something happened that could put any of them in danger.

"Two others on this ship are aware of her nature," she replied. "Commander Rellek and Ensign Kaz. The reason we are keeping the secret is so that Ensign Kaz can continue her work with Zero in helping her to learn how to function as an adult and look after herself rather than being reliant on Starfleet Medical. It's been made clear that Admiral Corinth's team have no intention of giving up custody of her. Once Zero's ready, and we can prove that she won't be a danger, we'll present her to Starfleet Command in the hope that they'll force Corinth to give up custody."

_______________________________


Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Seeing Clearly   Today at 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Seeing Clearly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: