Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was hard to turn and look at Gabriel, to look at him knowing that he had just put his finger on the point that she had been hiding from him.  She knew about his dislike for anything to do with the Intelligence services and the Star Empire.  

She rubbed her right forearm, the one where a subdermal implant had been wired into her nervous system by Section 31.  She met Gabriel's gaze briefly, then looked down and to the side, a classic sign of discomfort.

"Yes."

[USS Phoenix - Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

She didn't even have to say a damned thing - the look in her near-black eyes spoke in volumes.

You goddamn bastards, he thought, almost as if the knife he felt in his stomach was actually there. It was an instantly recognizable feeling...kind of like an old friend. The kind of friend you hated and knew hated you.

Without further preamble, Gabriel drew his wife into his arms, holding her closely, while their children played on the floor. Seika seemed engrossed in whatever she was doing on her playpadd, and Aria was content to be smashing Ollie and her spaceship together. As far as he knew, she was pretending that Ollie was going on a ride on the ship. She probably has adventures planned out for him, Gabriel thought, smiling sadly. She's so smart. Smart and beautiful, like her mama. Aria didn't know yet about how things worked. She didn't know about the evil that existed in the universe, the evil that operated in black uniforms, destroying their lives ever since there was a 'life' together to be destroyed.

"Whatever it is, Angel...whatever they said...we'll get through it. We'll find a way." It sounded hollow, even to him, but he truly meant it. Gabriel had hoped that their problems with Section 31 were done and over, especially since a few key thorns in their collective side had gone missing since the war. He'd hoped...but had never been stupid enough to believe. "I promise you that. We'll find a way."

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

She didn't even have to say a damned thing - the look in her near-black eyes spoke in volumes.  

You goddamn bastards, he thought, almost as if the knife he felt in his stomach was actually there.  It was an instantly recognizable feeling...kind of like an old friend.  The kind of friend you hated and knew hated you.

Without further preamble, Gabriel drew his wife into his arms, holding her closely, while their children played on the floor.  Seika seemed engrossed in whatever she was doing on her playpadd, and Aria was content to be smashing Ollie and her spaceship together.  As far as he knew, she was pretending that Ollie was going on a ride on the ship.  She probably has adventures planned out for him, Gabriel thought, smiling sadly.  She's so smart.  Smart and beautiful, like her mama.  Aria didn't know yet about how things worked.  She didn't know about the evil that existed in the universe, the evil that operated in black uniforms, destroying their lives ever since there was a 'life' together to be destroyed.  

"Whatever it is, Angel...whatever they said...we'll get through it.  We'll find a way."  It sounded hollow, even to him, but he truly meant it.  Gabriel had hoped that their problems with Section 31 were done and over, especially since a few key thorns in their collective side had gone missing since the war.  He'd hoped...but had never been stupid enough to believe.  "I promise you that.  We'll find a way."

[Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

For a moment, Archangel stayed in her husband's arms almost curled into herself, but then stepped back from him, her arms wrapped around her midsection which caused her to appear hunched over and scared.

"They're never going to let me go, Gabriel. No one leaves. He made that clear to me. It's never going to end." She looked up at him, all pretense of her usual, commanding presence gone. "When we got our orders... They even found me at the resort... They told me to accept the assigment, that it would put me in a position useful to them."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

For a moment, Archangel stayed in her husband's arms almost curled into herself, but then stepped back from him, her arms wrapped around her midsection which caused her to appear hunched over and scared.

"They're never going to let me go, Gabriel.  No one leaves.  He made that clear to me.  It's never going to end."  She looked up at him, all pretense of her usual, commanding presence gone.  "When we got our orders... They even found me at the resort...  They told me to accept the assigment, that it would put me in a position useful to them."

"Then we hold on until we find a way to leave.  I'm not giving up on that, Arch.  I didn't then, and I won't now."  It may have been just idle talk, but it made Gabriel feel better, and kept his mind off of the fact that she's said that 31 had come to her on their honeymoon.  Even then, in that time, in that place, in what it meant...they still hadn't been safe.  The thought was an infuriating cocktail of limb-shaking rage that shot through his veins, an adrenaline surge of oily blackness.  

Sighing, Gabriel put a hand to his head, seeming to deflate.  He wanted to reach out for her, but he'd been doing that all night, and still she pulled away from him.  'I'm your husband', he wanted to scream.  Yes, his inner-voice told him.  You are her husband.  And what good is that doing you?  Are you any closer to her than you were?  No.  Is she any safer?  Are the girls?  No, and no.

Exhausting thoughts, to be sure.  He felt a line of sweat breaking out along his hairline.  It was getting damn hot in here.  "Until...until we find a way out, " Gabriel said, feeling suddenly quite faint, "we w-watch...watch each other's back."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Then we hold on until we find a way to leave.  I'm not giving up on that, Arch.  I didn't then, and I won't now."  It may have been just idle talk, but it made Gabriel feel better, and kept his mind off of the fact that she's said that 31 had come to her on their honeymoon.  Even then, in that time, in that place, in what it meant...they still hadn't been safe.  The thought was an infuriating cocktail of limb-shaking rage that shot through his veins, an adrenaline surge of oily blackness.  

Sighing, Gabriel put a hand to his head, seeming to deflate.  He wanted to reach out for her, but he'd been doing that all night, and still she pulled away from him.  'I'm your husband', he wanted to scream.  Yes, his inner-voice told him.  You are her husband.  And what good is that doing you?  Are you any closer to her than you were?  No.  Is she any safer?  Are the girls?  No, and no.

Exhausting thoughts, to be sure.  He felt a line of sweat breaking out along his hairline.  It was getting damn hot in here.  "Until...until we find a way out, " Gabriel said, feeling suddenly quite faint, "we w-watch...watch each other's back."

Hearing the change in Gabriel's voice, Archangel turned to him, then looked away as she saw the state he seemed to have worked himself into. She had caused that. Reaching out, she placed one hand gently on his arm.

"I-I'm sorry I've caused you so much distress..." she said softly, letting her hand drop back to her side. "I'll go now."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Starbase Athena - Science Lab Two]

"Science Officer's Log, stardate 30830.5, Exchange Officer Raynor Hughes reporting.  I have received an interesting delivery from one of our long-range botany expeditions, from deep within the Beta Quadrant.  The planetoid in question is not far from the border of Romulan space, so it is no surprise that this gem of a plant has been kept heretofore unknown to us.  

The peduncle of this particular variety is thick and covered with slight, filamentous fibers, leading to a pod attachment of the receptacle, comprised of thick sepal of a mottled, green-and-mauve color.  It --"

Raynor paused in his log, turning his full attention to the plant before him.  He could have sworn that it had made a noise.  "Computer...freeze log."  The Klingon cocked a pronounced eyebrow, getting down low to examine the flower, and listen.  Had it been his imagination?  "Must've been," he muttered, shrugging.  "Computer, resume --"

Suddenly, the large pod of the mysterious flower opened, emitting a shrill sound that seemed to go right for the animal part of Raynor's brain.  "baQa'!" he yelled, and at that exact instant, the pod expelled a massive cloud of spores, taking the Klingon directly into the face.  Stumbling backward, Raynor let out a roar-like snarl, brushing at his face as if it were on fire.  "C...computer..." he attempted to say.  "Enact...enact..."  

Unfortunately, he could not finish his request to enact an emergency holding field, as he slowly sank to his knees, watching in fascination as a cascading, seemingly-inordinate amount of spores poured from the opened pod.  By the time they stopped emitting from the flower, Raynor Hughes was oblivious to the world, knocked entirely out and lying on the ground.

All the while, the spores filtered through the station ventilation system.

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana had slipped out of sickbay as soon as she could, going to look for Raynor Hughes. The Klingon exchange officer was her best and only friend in the universe and she needed his company after her encounter with the Admiral.

The computer told her that he was exactly where she expected him to be. In the science labs, with his plants. It brought a slight smile to her face to know that side of him, the more caring side that was often overlooked when faced with his Klingon demeanour.

As she arrived in the science lab, however, the smile was quickly wiped from her face as she saw Raynor lying on the deck. Grabbing the medkit stored in the lab, she dug out the tricorder, scanning him as she spoke:

"R-R-Rayn-nor? R-Raynor, c-c-can y-you h-h-hear m-m-me?"

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Hearing the change in Gabriel's voice, Archangel turned to him, then looked away as she saw the state he seemed to have worked himself into.  She had caused that.  Reaching out, she placed one hand gently on his arm.

"I-I'm sorry I've caused you so much distress..." she said softly, letting her hand drop back to her side.  "I'll go now."  

"Wait...no," Gabriel said, still holding a hand to his head, which had started to pound - a dull, thudding ache behind his eyes. "I...I'm sorry, Angel. I didn't mean it that way. I just..." he trailed off, feeling a wave of nausea threaten to send him to the deckplating. "Maybe...maybe I need to go to sickbay."

No! he thought, startled by the ferocity of the voice in his head. You can't leave her alone. Not her, not them. They aren't safe, here...she said so herself. Any time. Any place. They can find her...

"Angel." Gabriel said, his slate-blue eyes suddenly intense. "We have to get the girls in their room and the safety protocols enacted."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana had slipped out of sickbay as soon as she could, going to look for Raynor Hughes.  The Klingon exchange officer was her best and only friend in the universe and she needed his company after her encounter with the Admiral.

The computer told her that he was exactly where she expected him to be.  In the science labs, with his plants.  It brought a slight smile to her face to know that side of him, the more caring side that was often overlooked when faced with his Klingon demeanour.

As she arrived in the science lab, however, the smile was quickly wiped from her face as she saw Raynor lying on the deck.  Grabbing the medkit stored in the lab, she dug out the tricorder, scanning him as she spoke:

"R-R-Rayn-nor?  R-Raynor, c-c-can y-you h-h-hear m-m-me?"

[Alaska]

In his head, Raynor was running.  He felt the branches of evergreens whipping against his bare, ruddy skin.  The world was wet after the mid-summer's rain, here in the wilds of Alaska.  The Klingon felt the soaked loam smashing under his feet as he ran, parting the ferns of the underbrush in pursuit of his prey.

Switching direction slightly, Raynor's long limbs ate ground as he topped along a ridgeline, bringing him above the running deer.  Soon, he thought, pulling the tajtiq from the sheath strapped to his thigh, ready to spring on top of the animal, ready to slit its throat, ready to...

To...

"Lana?!" he said, whipping his head around, searching for the sound of the familiar voice.

[Science Lab Two]

"Lana!" Raynor's eyes shot open, his pupils contracting as the bright lights of the lab's ceilings filled them.  Sitting bolt upright, Raynor immediately fell back down to the floor, struggling to push himself up on his elbows.  "You...you're really here, aren't you?" he said, his voice thick with confusion.  "Not just in my dream."

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

A pleasant shiver went down his spine as he felt the warmth of her hand against his. "Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about him coming in often," Henriks said, to neither one of them in particular. Command staff on any ship, or starbase, seldom visited sickbay. But judging from the recent encounter, it seemed this would be especially true for the admiral.

"Miss Telak, I hope you will tell us if there's ever something we can do to help." Oswald had always made sickbay feel so safe, and Henriks hoped he'd be able to do the same. Oswald had never been afraid to speak her mind to the command staff either.

[Sickbay]

Watching as Doctor Telak left, Chira let out a long breath. "Yeah...that...well. That could have gone a lot better." She certainly might have her work cut out for her, what with all these mixing personalities. Especially if this assignment was going to be a long-term thing, both for Admiral Stark, and for Telak.

Chira leaned against a biobed, suddenly feeling a bit light-headed. "Uh! Woah," she said, shaking her head. "Dunno where that came from." Also, why was it getting so damned hot in here?

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

Watching as Doctor Telak left, Chira let out a long breath.  "Yeah...that...well.  That could have gone a lot better."  She certainly might have her work cut out for her, what with all these mixing personalities.  Especially if this assignment was going to be a long-term thing, both for Admiral Stark, and for Telak.

Chira leaned against a biobed, suddenly feeling a bit light-headed.  "Uh!  Woah," she said, shaking her head.  "Dunno where that came from."  Also, why was it getting so damned hot in here?  

[Sickbay]

"Well," Henriks replied, watching as the doors opened to release the cardassian doctor, "we certainly have our work cut out for us. But we'll have time for that." It wasn't like any of them were going anywhere soon. A starbase didn't exactly go very far.

A bead of sweat trickled down, catching on his brow. Henriks wiped it away with the edge of his sleeve. It was getting warm all of a sudden. Sickbay had reverted back to its normal status of "ghost town", so there could only be one explanation. He grinned widely at Chira, pulling her close for a kiss.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Harold Castor
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 am

[USS Phoenix-Engineering]

Harold sit at one of the engineering consoles looking over manually recording the recording the energy spikes of the warp engine. A sudo punishment for his attic the previous day. It had to be one of the most boring jobs he's done on a ship to date. But he knew the chief would come around sooner or later he was just to good. The chief walked in at that moment, and Harold immediately perked up. He didn't know what it was about this women that got his blood boiling but he sure knew he like it.

"Chief, it always good to see you.", he said.

Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Wait...no," Gabriel said, still holding a hand to his head, which had started to pound - a dull, thudding ache behind his eyes.  "I...I'm sorry, Angel.  I didn't mean it that way.  I just..." he trailed off, feeling a wave of nausea threaten to send him to the deckplating.  "Maybe...maybe I need to go to sickbay."

No! he thought, startled by the ferocity of the voice in his head.  You can't leave her alone.  Not her, not them.  They aren't safe, here...she said so herself.  Any time.  Any place.  They can find her...

"Angel." Gabriel said, his slate-blue eyes suddenly intense.  "We have to get the girls in their room and the safety protocols enacted."

Archangel paused, turning her head back to look at Gabriel over her shoulder. "And what good would that do, Gabriel? There are no locked doors to a Section 31 agent. All we'd do is scare the girls."

They'd be safer without you... said a small voice in the back of her mind. She had to get away from her family. She had to keep them safe. With a determined air, she stepped out of their quarters and left.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:50 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

"Lana!" Raynor's eyes shot open, his pupils contracting as the bright lights of the lab's ceilings filled them.  Sitting bolt upright, Raynor immediately fell back down to the floor, struggling to push himself up on his elbows.  "You...you're really here, aren't you?" he said, his voice thick with confusion.  "Not just in my dream."

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana jumped back slightly as her patient suddenly sat up, but the brief moment of surprise passed quickly and she went straight back into professional mode.

"E-e-easy, R-R-Raynor," she said, "c-c-can y-y-you t-t-tell m-me wh-wh-what h-h-happen-ned?"

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:01 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Well," Henriks replied, watching as the doors opened to release the cardassian doctor, "we certainly have our work cut out for us. But we'll have time for that." It wasn't like any of them were going anywhere soon. A starbase didn't exactly go very far.

A bead of sweat trickled down, catching on his brow. Henriks wiped it away with the edge of his sleeve. It was getting warm all of a sudden. Sickbay had reverted back to its normal status of "ghost town", so there could only be one explanation. He grinned widely at Chira, pulling her close for a kiss.

[Starbase Athena - Sickbay]

A soft sigh of pleasure escaped Chira's lips, right before they suddenly found themselves attached to those of one Henriks Abols.  She had to admit a certain degree of surprise at his forwardness.  Henriks was charmingly (and sometimes frustratingly) old fashioned.  It was one of the things she loved about him.  Right now, though...

Sickbay was blessedly barren in these early stages of the station's life, barring the poor Andorian that Doctor Telak had left in her office.  She didn't think he would care if Chira took some quality time with her fiancée.  "Yes," she grinned.  "We have all the time in the world."  

Gripping the front of his uniform, Chira gently pushed Henriks back against the nearest wall, grinning wickedly the whole way.  Somewhere, something in her brain was registering at the absurdity of all this.  They were professionals!  "We're gonna get in trouble, Apple," she purred.  "Can you imagine Zero walking in on us like this?  Then again," she said with a wink, "you are CMO, now..."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:09 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel paused, turning her head back to look at Gabriel over her shoulder.  "And what good would that do, Gabriel?  There are no locked doors to a Section 31 agent.  All we'd do is scare the girls."

They'd be safer without you... said a small voice in the back of her mind.  She had to get away from her family.  She had to keep them safe.  With a determined air, she stepped out of their quarters and left.

"Wha-?" was all Gabriel could muster, as his wife stalked out of their quarters. There had to be some way to clear the damned fog inside his mind! Where was she going? God alone knew. Gabe realized that their relationship had been one big guessing game - guess if she was going to do something insane. Guess if he would wake up one morning and find her gone. Guess if she was on the brink of sacrificing herself for that skewed sense of duty. Guess...and, half the time, pray you were wrong.

The larger part of him wanted nothing more than to rush out after her. However, he had the girls to think about. Seika had turned her attention away from her game and was looking at the door, while Aria contentedly squeezed her toys. They were the innocents. But it's the innocents who suffer every time, isn't it? Yes, it was.

It was simple, then - Archangel was an officer and a highly-trained operations agent. She could take care of herself. The girls could not. He couldn't leave them alone, not with Romulan operatives and Section 31 agents possibly on the ship.

=^="Arthur to security. Find Captain T'Koris. She may be heading off the ship. Arthur out."=^=

Retired
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:15 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana jumped back slightly as her patient suddenly sat up, but the brief moment of surprise passed quickly and she went straight back into professional mode.  

"E-e-easy, R-R-Raynor," she said, "c-c-can y-y-you t-t-tell m-me wh-wh-what h-h-happen-ned?"

[Science Lab Two]

Still dizzy, Raynor shook his head, his loose, dark hair falling about his neck and shoulders. That had been another perk of not being Starfleet - no hairstyle regs. "I...I don't remember," the Klingon murmured, frustrated at himself for having to admit that. His memory was usually as good and sharp as any sword. It was both a blessing and a curse...for it tended to make him brood over the past. Wrongs, hurts...

The word hurts made him look again at his friend, crouched down beside him as she was. He'd hurt her, once...though neither had been in their right minds at the time. That had haunted him since, even if he pretended to accept that they'd both moved on. Why did it seem like every time he tried to bring his Cardassian out of her shell, he ended up hurting her worse?

"Pretty Lana," the Klingon said, grinning softly. "Always so serious. So determined." He lay back down on the floor, uncaring about how hard it was. The beds on the Starbreaker had been just as comfortable. "People have hurt you your whole life, haven't they? I'm just one in a line."

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:42 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

A soft sigh of pleasure escaped Chira's lips, right before they suddenly found themselves attached to those of one Henriks Abols.  She had to admit a certain degree of surprise at his forwardness.  Henriks was charmingly (and sometimes frustratingly) old fashioned.  It was one of the things she loved about him.  Right now, though...

Sickbay was blessedly barren in these early stages of the station's life, barring the poor Andorian that Doctor Telak had left in her office.  She didn't think he would care if Chira took some quality time with her fiancée.  "Yes," she grinned.  "We have all the time in the world."  

Gripping the front of his uniform, Chira gently pushed Henriks back against the nearest wall, grinning wickedly the whole way.  Somewhere, something in her brain was registering at the absurdity of all this.  They were professionals!  "We're gonna get in trouble, Apple," she purred.  "Can you imagine Zero walking in on us like this?  Then again," she said with a wink, "you are CMO, now..."

[Sickbay]

A flash of anger flickered onto his face at the mention of Zero. That was not a name he cared to hear right now. Oswald was gone because of her... not entirely true; Oswald left and Zero replaced her, but Jiseth.... Henriks grinned, pushing off the wall back towards his lovely lady. "Damned with her," he said, wrapping his arms around Chira. "I doubt Oswald would do anything either." Surely Oswald would have seen how happy he was? So happy he started to hum.

"Shall we dance, my lady?" he asked, each breath laden with excitement. He was finding it harder and harder to stand still, when all he wanted was to.... but something within still battled against this. All the while, he continued to sweat profusely. "You are just so beautiful, Chira, surely that's why it feels so warm in here."

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Harold Castor wrote:
[USS Phoenix-Engineering]

Harold sit at one of the engineering consoles looking over manually recording the recording the energy spikes of the warp engine.  A sudo punishment for his attic the previous day.  It had to be one of the most boring jobs he's done on a ship to date.  But he knew the chief would come around sooner or later he was just to good.  The chief walked in at that moment, and Harold immediately perked up.  He didn't know what it was about this women that got his blood boiling but he sure knew he like it.  

"Chief, it always good to see you.", he said.

[USS Phoenix - Engineering]

[NPC - Lieutenant Kestra Celes]

As she strode into Engineering, Kestra noticed the same ensign that she had berated earlier sitting at one of the consoles. She noted with some satisfaction that he was doing the work assigned to him. She nodded in his direction.

"Ensign," she said, walking over to him and purposefully ignoring the overture. "How is the warp core behaving?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Still dizzy, Raynor shook his head, his loose, dark hair falling about his neck and shoulders.  That had been another perk of not being Starfleet - no hairstyle regs.  "I...I don't remember," the Klingon murmured, frustrated at himself for having to admit that.  His memory was usually as good and sharp as any sword.  It was both a blessing and a curse...for it tended to make him brood over the past.  Wrongs, hurts...

The word hurts made him look again at his friend, crouched down beside him as she was.  He'd hurt her, once...though neither had been in their right minds at the time.  That had haunted him since, even if he pretended to accept that they'd both moved on.  Why did it seem like every time he tried to bring his Cardassian out of her shell, he ended up hurting her worse?

"Pretty Lana," the Klingon said, grinning softly.  "Always so serious.  So determined."  He lay back down on the floor, uncaring about how hard it was.  The beds on the Starbreaker had been just as comfortable.  "People have hurt you your whole life, haven't they?  I'm just one in a line."

[Science Lab Two]

It came as something of a relief to Ilana that the Klingon lay down of his own accord since she wasn't sure that she could force him to do so. The fact that he didn't remember what had happened to him was very disquieting. Picking up the tricorder once again, she started to run a more detailed scan on his head, looking for any signs of a concussion or injury.

Her attention was diverted when he spoke again and she frowned. "Y-y-you m-m-may h-have h-h-hurt m-m-me on o-occasion, b-b-but y-you h-h-have a-also g-g-given m-me m-m-more th-th-than a-anyone e-else. M-more j-j-j-joy."

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

It came as something of a relief to Ilana that the Klingon lay down of his own accord since she wasn't sure that she could force him to do so.  The fact that he didn't remember what had happened to him was very disquieting.  Picking up the tricorder once again, she started to run a more detailed scan on his head, looking for any signs of a concussion or injury.

Her attention was diverted when he spoke again and she frowned.  "Y-y-you m-m-may h-have h-h-hurt m-m-me on o-occasion, b-b-but y-you h-h-have a-also g-g-given m-me m-m-more th-th-than a-anyone e-else.  M-more j-j-j-joy."

[Science Lab Two]

Raynor allowed a smile to settle on his lips, though it wasn't a very happy one. Keeping his eyes closed, the Klingon spoke to the room in general. "And you're kind. So kind. Even to me, the person who should have been gentler to you."

The Klingon's hazel eyes popped open, and he propped himself up on an elbow. "I dishonored you, and I dishonored myself," he said, shaking his head. The world still swam in his vision, and why did it feel so goddamned hot in this lab? It should have been more carefully climate-controlled.

Slowly, gently, Raynor reached over, softly caressing the Cardassian's face. It always fascinated him, the dichotomy of her flesh - smooth and scaly in places, and so soft at the same time. "But the damnedest of it all, Lana...is that I know how to be gentle."

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm

He had been wandering through the corridors of the starbase for what seemed like forever. But now...now Gavin Van Gelder's mind was made up. It was a risky proposition, but drastic steps needed to be taken, and damn few others could walk this path with him. But it wasn't something he could do alone. Gavin would need help...and the right kind of help.

Slipping into Sickbay, Gavin noticed two of the doctors locked in an embrace. Were they...dancing? Well. At least someone was able to find happiness in a place like this. That's what it must feel like, I bet. To have a normal brain. Normal thoughts. Just...normality. That wasn't for people like him, though, cursed with genius as he was.

Gavin smiled as he noticed a blue-skinned form sitting in one of the main offices. Perfect, he thought, slipping in. He leaned against the doorframe, a satisfied look coming over his face. "Thelos," Gavin said, with an air of certainty. The Andorian was someone he'd met before, and seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. "I...we...I need your help."

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Raynor allowed a smile to settle on his lips, though it wasn't a very happy one.  Keeping his eyes closed, the Klingon spoke to the room in general.  "And you're kind.  So kind.  Even to me, the person who should have been gentler to you."

The Klingon's hazel eyes popped open, and he propped himself up on an elbow.  "I dishonored you, and I dishonored myself," he said, shaking his head.  The world still swam in his vision, and why did it feel so goddamned hot in this lab?  It should have been more carefully climate-controlled.

Slowly, gently, Raynor reached over, softly caressing the Cardassian's face.  It always fascinated him, the dichotomy of her flesh - smooth and scaly in places, and so soft at the same time.  "But the damnedest of it all, Lana...is that I know how to be gentle."

[Science Lab Two]

Starting to feel the heat in the lab, a few beads of perspiration broke out along her brow and she wiped them away. She set the tricorder aside as he continued to speak, her expression softening slightly.

"I-I am s-s-sorry," she replied softly. "I kn-kn-knew a-about th-th-the K-K-Klingon t-t-traition s-surr-rr-rrounding m-m-mating, b-b-but I am n-n-not K-Klingon. I-it w-w-was n-n-not m-my p-p-place t-t-to b-b-bring it u-up."

As he reached up to touch her face, she froze briefly, then she let her fingers touch his wild mane of hair, surprised as always by how soft it was. "W-w-we w-w-were n-n-not o-ours-s-selves th-th-that n-n-night," she murmured. "Y-you w-w-were n-not t-t-to b-b-blame."

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Starting to feel the heat in the lab, a few beads of perspiration broke out along her brow and she wiped them away.  She set the tricorder aside as he continued to speak, her expression softening slightly.  

"I-I am s-s-sorry," she replied softly.  "I kn-kn-knew a-about th-th-the K-K-Klingon t-t-traition s-surr-rr-rrounding m-m-mating, b-b-but I am n-n-not K-Klingon.  I-it w-w-was n-n-not m-my p-p-place t-t-to b-b-bring it u-up."

As he reached up to touch her face, she froze briefly, then she let her fingers touch his wild mane of hair, surprised as always by how soft it was.  "W-w-we w-w-were n-n-not o-ours-s-selves th-th-that n-n-night," she murmured.  "Y-you w-w-were n-not t-t-to b-b-blame."

[Science Lab Two]

"No," the Klingon said, holding up his other hand. "I won't have you apologizing me to me, Lana. Not now, and not for anything." The smile that crossed his face was very genuine, this time. His fingers trailed along the subtly-ridged line of her jaw and chin, a touch as light as gossamer. "That is one thing I swear to you, swear on my blood, that you will never have to do. No apologies. No excuses. Never."

Raynor sat up all the way, now, though his vision was still violently chaotic. He found himself instantly saddened by the lack of the sensation of Ilana touching his hair. The Klingon enjoyed the feeling of her fingers on and through it. He would even allow her to braid it, if she would but ask. Just...say the word.

Now...that was a damned peculiar thought, odd enough to slightly break through the fog. "L...Lana?" He shook his head. "I...I don't think I am well."

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

"No," the Klingon said, holding up his other hand.  "I won't have you apologizing me to me, Lana.  Not now, and not for anything."  The smile that crossed his face was very genuine, this time.  His fingers trailed along the subtly-ridged line of her jaw and chin, a touch as light as gossamer.  "That is one thing I swear to you, swear on my blood, that you will never have to do.  No apologies.  No excuses.  Never."

Raynor sat up all the way, now, though his vision was still violently chaotic.  He found himself instantly saddened by the lack of the sensation of Ilana touching his hair.  The Klingon enjoyed the feeling of her fingers on and through it.  He would even allow her to braid it, if she would but ask.  Just...say the word.

Now...that was a damned peculiar thought, odd enough to slightly break through the fog.  "L...Lana?"  He shook his head.  "I...I don't think I am well."

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana blinked, trying to focus through the fog that was starting to gather in her mind, through the strange thoughts taking over and urging her to do things that she would be terrified to do under normal circumstances.

She blinked as Raynor told her that he felt unwell, but the words didn't seem to be able to filter down to the part of her brain that needed to react to that information. It was getting harder and harder to think in a straight line, something she had only experienced once before. The ill-fated night she had spent with the Klingon lying on the deck.

"S-s-sickb-bay," she managed to say. "W-w-we sh-should g-g-get t-to s-s-sickb-bay."

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana blinked, trying to focus through the fog that was starting to gather in her mind, through the strange thoughts taking over and urging her to do things that she would be terrified to do under normal circumstances.

She blinked as Raynor told her that he felt unwell, but the words didn't seem to be able to filter down to the part of her brain that needed to react to that information.  It was getting harder and harder to think in a straight line, something she had only experienced once before.  The ill-fated night she had spent with the Klingon lying on the deck.

"S-s-sickb-bay," she managed to say.  "W-w-we sh-should g-g-get t-to s-s-sickb-bay."

[Science Lab Two]

"Wha?" Raynor said, shaking his head. He gripped his hair, feeling ready to pull it out, but resisting doing so. "Sickbay?" Why the hell did she want to go there? Oh, that's right. He'd mentioned feeling ill.

But...he wasn't feeling ill. Not now. He was feeling...very...very...

Good.

Shaking his head one more time, the Klingon clambered to his feet, using the table to support himself until his knees stopped shaking. Reaching down, Raynor gripped Ilana's forearm to his own, gently pulling her to her feet, pulling her very close. The gleam in his hazel eyes was decidedly devilish, and his teeth flashed white against his ruddy skin.

"Sickbay? God damn, Lana. That sounds like work. There's no need for that." He reached up, the fingers of his slightly-shaking hand running through her dark hair. "So much more to be done than work. This...is a time of celebration. A time for firewine!" His hand stopped, resting behind her head, almost cradling it. "Has anyone told you how lovely your hair is when it's short? They should."

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Science Lab Two]

"Wha?" Raynor said, shaking his head. He gripped his hair, feeling ready to pull it out, but resisting doing so. "Sickbay?" Why the hell did she want to go there? Oh, that's right. He'd mentioned feeling ill.

But...he wasn't feeling ill. Not now. He was feeling...very...very...

Good.

Shaking his head one more time, the Klingon clambered to his feet, using the table to support himself until his knees stopped shaking. Reaching down, Raynor gripped Ilana's forearm to his own, gently pulling her to her feet, pulling her very close. The gleam in his hazel eyes was decidedly devilish, and his teeth flashed white against his ruddy skin.

"Sickbay? God damn, Lana. That sounds like work. There's no need for that." He reached up, the fingers of his slightly-shaking hand running through her dark hair. "So much more to be done than work. This...is a time of celebration. A time for firewine!" His hand stopped, resting behind her head, almost cradling it. "Has anyone told you how lovely your hair is when it's short? They should."

[Science Lab Two]

Ilana looked confused for a moment, wondering where the sudden turn about from feeling ill to feeling like celebrating had come from. Then her mind decided that it didn't matter and tucked those thoughts away to bed.

Being close to the very solid wall of Klingon that was Raynor, on the other hand, was almost overwhelming to her. She looked up at him, being quite a bit shorter than he was. Her breath caught in her throat as he skimmed his fingers through her hair, coming dangerously close to her neck ridges.

Part of her was terrified of the direction they seemed to be taking, but that part of her mind was very small and had absolutely no power over the strange fog of the forefront of her mind. Her hands rested on his broad chest, feeling the sheer muscle through the thin fabric of his undershirt. She said nothing, not knowing the right words to say in any case. She swallowed hard, her green eyes meeting his.

We're not ourselves... came one thought, but it was shushed by the rest of them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Today at 6:56 am

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: