Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

[Deacon's Office]

"Ah...right," Corman frowned, glancing over at Deacon.  He re-activated the link.

=^="Doctor, I want you to start initiating random evaluations of crew members.  I think something's...not right.  Liaise with Alpha of the Phoenix...and keep us posted.  Stark out."=^=

Sighing, Corman put his head in his hands, rubbing at his temples.  "Maybe we should get down to Sickbay, too," he said, his voice still thick.  "See what the bleeding hell is going on.  And...maybe get a shot for these hangovers..."

[Deacon's Office]

Rachel had braced her arms against the edge of her desk, apparently in a battle of determination with her stomach as to what it wanted to do.

Having won that particular round and refusing the urge to have a look at her breakfast again, she raised her head, searching the room with her scrambled vision for her second in command. She groaned, pulling the device off.

"That would be a wise idea. I cannot seem to read the data accurately."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Arboretum]

"Awww..." she grinned.  "You know how to make a lady purr, Henriks Abols," Chira said, stretching out in the sunlight, writhing around just like a cat.  "Betazoid.  Vulcan.  Romulan," she smiled.  "I don't care what kind of ceremony.  Because...you're never gonna forget the night after..."

Chira gave a half-lidded glance at Henriks' uniform top, crumpled in the distance, as it chirped.  She pouted, sticking out her lower lip, and curling up into a little ball.  "I guess maybe we should wait...our families would be so disappointed if we got married without 'em," she murmured, fighting sleep.  "And tell Admiral Stark to keep it down...I need you more than he does..." she said, closing her eyes and breathing softly.

[Arboretum]

Henriks tilted his head, smiling gently at his lady as he waited for the admiral to reply. She was all stretched out, continuing to glisten. In such lighting, it was as if she was glowing. "I'm sure you'll never forget it either, m'lady," he grinned. He moved to stroke her hair when his comm badge chirped again. "Sorry," he whispered, "but I will be sure to let him know that."

Corman Stark wrote:

=^="Doctor, I want you to start initiating random evaluations of crew members.  I think something's...not right.  Liaise with Alpha of the Phoenix...and keep us posted.  Stark out."=^=

His eyes went wide, his nostrils flaring again. Liaise with that woman? Just thinking of her made him boiling mad. Henriks took in a deep breath and released it and the hands he hadn't realized he'd clenched. No, he was being unreasonable. Zero wasn't at fault. Even so, all he could manage by way of reply was a curt =/\=Yes, sir.=/\=

Struggling with conflicting emotions, he tugged his tunic back over his head, reaching for the trousers next. Clothed, he turned his attentions back to Chira. She seemed to be asleep, her breaths short and even. Henriks gently rocked her shoulder. "Come, my lady. We must get to sickbay," he told her. "Perhaps I can begin my evaluations on you," he added with a sly grin. Tilting his head, he listened to her breathe, wondering if he would need to carry her.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

More comforting words would have to wait for later, it seemed. Thelos felt the now-sleeping doctor limply slide out of the grip he/d wrapped him in a moment prior, the lingering pressure of his kiss still on his cheek. Well, this certainly ranked up there on the 'weirdest days he'd ever had' list.

Withing a moment, the doctor was all business. He turned to Alpha. "It's clear to me that we must discover a cause and cure for whatever's affecting the crew. You and I seem... saner than most I saw when Gavin dragged me through the starbase," he explained.

He glance dropped to the unconscious officer. "Did you notice that the moment he calmed himself, he stopped being hell-bent on stealing the ship? Now, I know humans are a little funny with calming down, but it was awfully sudden."

One antenna bent curiously. "We should go to sickbay," he said, more to himself than to Alpha.

[Holodeck Two]

Zero had simply stood and blinked at the bizarre scene playing out in front of her, trying to categorise it in her head under the many headings she had under 'humanoid behaviour for analysis', but this defied everything she had come across so far.

She sighed and shrugged one shoulder at the Andorian.  "Perhaps sickbay is our best port of call in this situation."  She then turned her attention away from him, addressing the room.  "Computer, restore uniform."

With an acknowledging beep, the computer complied, swapping her ballet leotard for her sombre grey and teal uniform.  She then inclined her head to Thelos.  "I believe the appropriate phrase is 'after you'."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
John Harriman
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Airlock 4]

"Dying?" Archangel asked, one upswept eyebrow raised.  "I don't believe I said anything about killing you."

She took another step forward, getting her other hand in position to release her second spring knife, and was stopped.

The forcefield came as a bit of a surprise to the Romulan.  She hadn't been expecting it.  In the manner of trapped people all through time, she started to fight against the confining force.  She pushed against it, hit out at it, rammed her shoulder into it, but nothing was working.  Down in the primal part of her mind, a very important part pinged into a dark corner, forcing her to fight harder against the restraining field.

John watched the captain struggle to get out of the force field, he then tapped his Combadge.

=/\="Harriman to Sickbay."=/\=
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:41 pm

John Harriman wrote:

=/\="Harriman to Sickbay."=/\=

[Sickbay]

Ensign Maya Stone flitted through sickbay, humming a tune she'd heard from someone else earlier. It was a nice little tune, and she loved it very much. It kept her mind off of how dull things had gotten since the CMO had departed with one of the other nurses, leaving her to mind sickbay all by her lonesome. She was beginning to get rather ticked. But humming kept her mind off things, at least until someone's voice came over the comm, cutting through the silence.

Annoyed, Maya tapped her badge. =/\=This may or may not be sickbay,=/\= she replied to the voice, her tone thick with boredom. =/\=So... are ya gonna tell me what you want, or am I supposed to guess?=/\=

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
John Harriman
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

Ensign Maya Stone flitted through sickbay, humming a tune she'd heard from someone else earlier. It was a nice little tune, and she loved it very much. It kept her mind off of how dull things had gotten since the CMO had departed with one of the other nurses, leaving her to mind sickbay all by her lonesome. She was beginning to get rather ticked. But humming kept her mind off things, at least until someone's voice came over the comm, cutting through the silence.

Annoyed, Maya tapped her badge. =/\=This may or may not be sickbay,=/\= she replied to the voice, her tone thick with boredom. =/\=So... are ya gonna tell me what you want, or am I supposed to guess?=/\=

=/\="Sickbay I don't have time to joke I have a hostile Captain who needs checked out I need you to set up a special place for her."=/\ he said looking back at the captain.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:29 pm

John Harriman wrote:

=/\="Sickbay I don't have time to joke I have a hostile Captain who needs checked out I need you to set up a special place for her."=/\ he said looking back at the captain.

[Sickbay]

=/\=Who said anything about joking?=/\= Maya snipped in reply. What was a joke was that she'd been left to man the entirety of sickbay alone, without so much as a word of what to do. She rolled her eyes and snorted before adding, =/\=Yes, I should be able to get something going, assuming you can get them here.=/\=

Closing the channel, Maya tapped a few commands into the nearest console, lowering the temperature by a few degrees centigrade. With a slight smile, she sighed. That was much better. And then she set about preparing something for the renegade captain.

-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
His eyes went wide, his nostrils flaring again. Liaise with that woman? Just thinking of her made him boiling mad. Henriks took in a deep breath and released it and the hands he hadn't realized he'd clenched. No, he was being unreasonable. Zero wasn't at fault. Even so, all he could manage by way of reply was a curt =/\=Yes, sir.=/\=

Struggling with conflicting emotions, he tugged his tunic back over his head, reaching for the trousers next. Clothed, he turned his attentions back to Chira. She seemed to be asleep, her breaths short and even. Henriks gently rocked her shoulder. "Come, my lady. We must get to sickbay," he told her. "Perhaps I can begin my evaluations on you," he added with a sly grin. Tilting his head, he listened to her breathe, wondering if he would need to carry her.

[Arboretum]

Smiling contentedly, Chira lightly brushed her fingers against Henriks' hand. "You can evaluate me right here and now," she said, her voice sleepy and low, eyes closed. All she really wanted to do was just go to sleep, right here and now. "You...you go, Apple," the drowsy counselor murmured. "You're a better doctor than me, and Stark asked for you."

Curling back up, she made a pillow of her hands and began to drift back to sleep. "Go on, love. You have work to do. I'll cook breakfast for you, while you're gone. Can't have you facing the first day of our honeymoon on an empty stomach, can I?" she asked, already talking in her sleep.

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Arboretum]

Smiling contentedly, Chira lightly brushed her fingers against Henriks' hand.  "You can evaluate me right here and now," she said, her voice sleepy and low, eyes closed.  All she really wanted to do was just go to sleep, right here and now.  "You...you go, Apple," the drowsy counselor murmured.  "You're a better doctor than me, and Stark asked for you."  

Curling back up, she made a pillow of her hands and began to drift back to sleep.  "Go on, love.  You have work to do.  I'll cook breakfast for you, while you're gone.  Can't have you facing the first day of our honeymoon on an empty stomach, can I?" she asked, already talking in her sleep.

[Arboretum]

Her fingers brushed against his, a fleeting motion. She smiled, but there was a lethargic quality to it as she seemed to be fighting sleeping. Henriks pressed a few fingers to her forehead. It felt warm. Stifling a yawn, he scooped her up into his arms, clothing and all.

"No, my lady," he told her, "you're coming with me." She could sleep in sickbay, where he could take care of her. He made to call sickbay when he realized he couldn't reach up to tap his comm badge. "Computer," he said, "open a channel to sickbay."

The computer chirped. "Channel open."

=/\=Maya, if you're there, running scans on everyone who waltzes into sickbay. Something's wrong on the station.=/\=

-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
John Harriman
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

=/\=Who said anything about joking?=/\= Maya snipped in reply. What was a joke was that she'd been left to man the entirety of sickbay alone, without so much as a word of what to do. She rolled her eyes and snorted before adding, =/\=Yes, I should be able to get something going, assuming you can get them here.=/\=

Closing the channel, Maya tapped a few commands into the nearest console, lowering the temperature by a few degrees centigrade. With a slight smile, she sighed. That was much better. And then she set about preparing something for the renegade captain.

=/\="Understood"=/\= he said back then tapped his Combadge again. =/\="Harriman to transporter room lock on to the captain and myself and beam us to Sickbay"=/\=
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel had braced her arms against the edge of her desk, apparently in a battle of determination with her stomach as to what it wanted to do.

Having won that particular round and refusing the urge to have a look at her breakfast again, she raised her head, searching the room with her scrambled vision for her second in command.  She groaned, pulling the device off.

"That would be a wise idea.  I cannot seem to read the data accurately."

[Deacon's Office]

"Er," Corman said, a little unsure of what to do, with his boss seemingly in duress. "Is it the hangover, or the device itself? Because...I think you threw it against the wall. Pretty hard."

He gave a slight frown, moving a little closer to the admiral. "Ma'am? If you want, I can help guide you down to Sickbay."

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The warm smell of Klingon filled her nose as he hugged her fully.  A friendly embrace, not like the ones they had shared not all that long ago.  Those memories were blurred, something that came as very confusing for the Cardassian, whose memory was impeccable and exact.

In response to his words, Ilana first shrugged her shoulders in the universal gesture for 'I don't know' as an answer to what she was doing.  That was true.  The only thing she could really think as a less vague answer would have been 'It seemed like a good idea at the time'.  

At the mention of finding out what was happening aboard the starbase, she gave Raynor's arm a final squeeze and nodded, reluctantly letting go.  Padding a few steps towards the arch and the door out of the holodeck, she then turned back to look at the Klingon, her head on one side as if asking him if he was coming.

[Holodeck Six]

"I..." Raynor said, feeling the absence of her hand on his arm like a palpable thing, looking from where it had been to where it was now. The Klingon gave a small, sad smile as Ilana turned to him. "Alright. I'm coming."

Following her out, Raynor did his best to stop his head from reeling. It was all too much at once to take in. Things seemed like they were utterly mad, but his brain still was a scientific one, and knew that there had to be an explanation for all of this! A person as intelligent as Ilana didn't just decide to have a computer program start cutting into her goddamned brain!

And as for everything else that happened...well. It seemed like a trivial thing, now, with her injury. Still, it was a question that begged for attention. Only...not now. Later. In time.

And so a very sullen Klingon followed Doctor Telak into Sickbay.

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 am

Corman Stark wrote:

[Deacon's Office]

"Er," Corman said, a little unsure of what to do, with his boss seemingly in duress.  "Is it the hangover, or the device itself?  Because...I think you threw it against the wall.  Pretty hard."

He gave a slight frown, moving a little closer to the admiral.  "Ma'am?  If you want, I can help guide you down to Sickbay."

[Deacon's Office]

"Probably a mix of both," Rachel grumbled, feeling along her VISOR for the diagnostic system. It pulsed once beneath her hands, signalling that there was a problem. She clenched her jaw, refusing to let her anger spill over.

At Stark's mention of helping to guide her down to sickbay, she cast a glare in the direction of his voice, the expression telling him exactly where he could shove that suggestion. She took a few steps forward, then paused. For a handful of heartbeats, she simply stood there. Then, in a small, reluctant voice, she said:

"I... I'm going to need help, if you don't mind."

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"Life isn't about finding shelter in the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:56 am

John Harriman wrote:

=/\="Understood"=/\= he said back then tapped his Combadge again. =/\="Harriman to transporter room lock on to the captain and myself and beam us to Sickbay"=/\=

[Sickbay]

The first thing Archangel noticed after the forcible transport, was that it was cold. Very cold. Starfleet standard temperature had already been quite cool to her since her body temperature naturally ran higher than the humans, but someone must have dropped the environmental controls even lower.

After a quick test told her that the forcefield had been established here as well, she shivered, crouching down and wrapping her arms around herself in an attempt to maintain heat.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Holodeck Six]

"I..." Raynor said, feeling the absence of her hand on his arm like a palpable thing, looking from where it had been to where it was now.  The Klingon gave a small, sad smile as Ilana turned to him.  "Alright.  I'm coming."

Following her out, Raynor did his best to stop his head from reeling.  It was all too much at once to take in.  Things seemed like they were utterly mad, but his brain still was a scientific one, and knew that there had to be an explanation for all of this!  A person as intelligent as Ilana didn't just decide to have a computer program start cutting into her goddamned brain!

And as for everything else that happened...well.  It seemed like a trivial thing, now, with her injury.  Still, it was a question that begged for attention.  Only...not now.  Later.  In time.

And so a very sullen Klingon followed Doctor Telak into Sickbay.

[Sickbay]

Arriving in in sickbay, Ilana was confronted with quite the scene, although she didn't realise at the time that her half-shaved head and sickbay pyjamas were only likely to add to the confusion.  

A medical officer and a security detachment were standing around a familiar, hunched figure, apparently just watching her.  It didn't take long for the Cardassian to recognise that it was the captain of the Phoenix, despite the strange uniform. But what was happening here? Ilana blinked a few times, then turned to look at Raynor, confusion clearly written on her face.

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:01 am

[USS Phoenix - Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

Keyed into the inter-station comm radio chatter, Gabriel heard every message, feeling them as if they were a blow to his gut.  The facts were there.  Archangel was attempting to leave him.  He'd always been afraid of that, afraid that all of this was ephemeral, a dream, a temporary situation for her until something better came along.  A better situation.  A better life.

And then the reports of an unknown Cardassian figure came through, as more security was dispatched to the scene.  It didn't take a genius to figure out that it was her handler, a former...well, friend was too strong a word.  A former associate, who was now the closest thing to an 'enemy' that Gabriel knew.  A man who had once dared to lay his hands on Archangel, to torture her, to make her believe she'd killed her own daughter.

Now Archangel was attempting to leave with that man.

New reports were coming in now from the airlock.  Shots had been fired, and Arch had been beamed to Sickbay.  No matter how much he hurt right now, she was still his wife, and he still loved her, still needed her more than his next gulp of air.  He could sit still no longer.

"Girls...we have to go.  Now," he said, scooping up Aria in one hand, and lifting Seika in the other.  The four-year-old wasn't exactly the easiest thing to lift, especially with one arm, and it made Gabe glad he'd not neglected his strength training.  

[Corridors]

The trip through the starship was uneventful, as the corridors were extremely empty.  Gabriel found that to be odd, considering that there should at least be some maintenance techs working on...something.  The ship launched in under a week!

Whatever the reason, he was unimpeded to the airlock, which he stepped through, and into a scene from a nightmare.  There were a few lying prone, obviously stunned.  Gabe couldn't stop to ponder it now, though...nothing was more important than getting to Archangel.  Nothing.  

=^="Computer, site-to-site transport, my location to station sickbay."=^=

The computer beeped in acknowledgement, dematerializing the trio and re-materializing them in Sickbay.

[SB Athena - Sickbay]

"Alright," Gabriel said, as they finished transporting, "what in the hell is going on?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"Probably a mix of both," Rachel grumbled, feeling along her VISOR for the diagnostic system. It pulsed once beneath her hands, signalling that there was a problem. She clenched her jaw, refusing to let her anger spill over.

At Stark's mention of helping to guide her down to sickbay, she cast a glare in the direction of his voice, the expression telling him exactly where he could shove that suggestion. She took a few steps forward, then paused. For a handful of heartbeats, she simply stood there. Then, in a small, reluctant voice, she said:

"I... I'm going to need help, if you don't mind."

[Deacon's Office]

Corman laid a gentle hand on Rachel's forearm, letting her know where he was. "Of course, ma'am," he said, his voice soft and low. He could only imagine how much it galled the admiral to have to ask for help. In a way, it felt a little strange going back to the superior-subordinate relationship, after getting drunk enough with her to have actually passed out.

[Corridors]

What in all the burning hells... Corman thought, as the pair made their way from her office. He had his hand resting on her shoulder, gently guiding the blind woman to the turbolifts. The scenes in the halls were one from...a fever dream, it felt like. There were crewmembers in various states of undress, performing various...acts...with each other. Two large men were in a wrestling match near the entrance to the Main Reception Hall. Corman hoped it didn't get more serious than it was.

He quickened the pace, glad in a way that Rachel couldn't see all of this. They had to find answers, and quick.

[Sickbay]

After a short turbolift ride, the pair arrived at Sickbay. "Alright," Corman said, his voice sharp and stern, "what in the hell is going on?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:13 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Arriving in in sickbay, Ilana was confronted with quite the scene, although she didn't realise at the time that her half-shaved head and sickbay pyjamas were only likely to add to the confusion.  

A medical officer and a security detachment were standing around a familiar, hunched figure, apparently just watching her.  It didn't take long for the Cardassian to recognise that it was the captain of the Phoenix, despite the strange uniform.  But what was happening here?  Ilana blinked a few times, then turned to look at Raynor, confusion clearly written on her face.

[Sickbay]

Raynor's upswept brows threatened to climb right off his ridged forehead as he and Ilana entered Sickbay. Of all the things he'd expected to see...Captain T'Koris, huddled and shivering, wearing some kind of black uniform (that, he had to admit, suited her quite well). Was she a prisoner? It seemed so.

He looked down to Ilana, sharing her confused countenance, and shrugged. He'd be damned if he knew what was going on. It was time to find out, though.

"Alright," the Klingon roared, "what in the hell is going on?!"

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[SB Athena - Sickbay]

"Alright," Gabriel said, as they finished transporting, "what in the hell is going on?"

[Sickbay]

At the sound of the familiar voice, Archangel looked up from her huddle on the deck plates, her eyes falling on the sight of Gabriel and her girls standing there.

"Get them out of here, Gabriel, they're not safe!" she called out to him, laying one hand on the forcefield keeping her contained. She shivered again, wishing that it was warmer as she hunched further over, trying to keep herself warm.

Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 am

Corman Stark wrote:

[Deacon's Office]

Corman laid a gentle hand on Rachel's forearm, letting her know where he was.  "Of course, ma'am," he said, his voice soft and low.  He could only imagine how much it galled the admiral to have to ask for help.  In a way, it felt a little strange going back to the superior-subordinate relationship, after getting drunk enough with her to have actually passed out.  

[Corridors]

What in all the burning hells... Corman thought, as the pair made their way from her office.  He had his hand resting on her shoulder, gently guiding the blind woman to the turbolifts.  The scenes in the halls were one from...a fever dream, it felt like.  There were crewmembers in various states of undress, performing various...acts...with each other.  Two large men were in a wrestling match near the entrance to the Main Reception Hall.  Corman hoped it didn't get more serious than it was.  

He quickened the pace, glad in a way that Rachel couldn't see all of this.  They had to find answers, and quick.

[Sickbay]

After a short turbolift ride, the pair arrived at Sickbay.  "Alright," Corman said, his voice sharp and stern, "what in the hell is going on?"

[Corridors - Starbase Athena]

Walking through the corridors of her starbase and not being able to see them was a disconcerting feeling.  She hadn't yet had the time to perform her usual exercises in learning to navigate the base without her VISOR, making her second-in-command's hand on her shoulder a necessity that she would really rather not be reliant on.

Hearing the goings on on the corridors, even though she couldn't see them, caused her great concern.  Just what was going on on her starbase?  

[Sickbay]

Arriving in sickbay, she only had Stark's outburst to tell her that something had gone wrong here as well.  She frowned slightly, turning to the sound of his voice.  "Tell me," she said, with the intent that he describe the scene for her.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

At the sound of the familiar voice, Archangel looked up from her huddle on the deck plates, her eyes falling on the sight of Gabriel and her girls standing there.

"Get them out of here, Gabriel, they're not safe!" she called out to him, laying one hand on the forcefield keeping her contained.  She shivered again, wishing that it was warmer as she hunched further over, trying to keep herself warm.

[Sickbay]

Gabriel's voice trailed off as he saw the condition Archangel was in. As if that wasn't distressing enough...the uniform she wore made his eyes want to bug out of his skull. Everything that he'd heart, up until now, had an element of plausible deniability to it. Seeing that vile, evil, heartless black raiment on her, though...

There was no denying it. She had fully intended to leave the girls, leave him, and return to Intelligence. To become Nemesis. Because that's who she really is, he thought. Archangel is the mask. Nemesis is the heart.

No. He could never believe that. If ever he did, it was over. Everything. And Gabriel Arthur was far, far from ready for it to be over.

"I...yeah," he said, frowning. Of course it wasn't safe, here...but neither had it been safe to leave them on the ship. It'll never be safe for them until we give up this life.

Gabriel quickly moved into the CMO's office, setting the girls down. He smiled, though it was a little forced. "Your mama's sick, but this is where they make people better. Okay? I need to go talk to the doctors, but they're going to make her feel better. I promise," he said, kissing them both on the top of the head.

After activating the EMH and giving specific instructions to watch the girls so they didn't get ahold of anything dangerous, Gabriel rushed back into the main area, up to the containment field. He felt he should say something, but words wouldn't come.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

Gabriel's voice trailed off as he saw the condition Archangel was in.  As if that wasn't distressing enough...the uniform she wore made his eyes want to bug out of his skull.  Everything that he'd heart, up until now, had an element of plausible deniability to it.  Seeing that vile, evil, heartless black raiment on her, though...

There was no denying it.  She had fully intended to leave the girls, leave him, and return to Intelligence.  To become Nemesis.  Because that's who she really is, he thought.  Archangel is the mask.  Nemesis is the heart.

No.  He could never believe that.  If ever he did, it was over.  Everything.  And Gabriel Arthur was far, far from ready for it to be over.

"I...yeah," he said, frowning.  Of course it wasn't safe, here...but neither had it been safe to leave them on the ship.  It'll never be safe for them until we give up this life.

Gabriel quickly moved into the CMO's office, setting the girls down.  He smiled, though it was a little forced.  "Your mama's sick, but this is where they make people better.  Okay?  I need to go talk to the doctors, but they're going to make her feel better.  I promise," he said, kissing them both on the top of the head.

After activating the EMH and giving specific instructions to watch the girls so they didn't get ahold of anything dangerous, Gabriel rushed back into the main area, up to the containment field.  He felt he should say something, but words wouldn't come.

[Sickbay]

Archangel shivered again, leaning against the forcefield. Her body was starting to slow down, she could feel it. She felt tired, so very tired. The static energy of the field brought her no warmth. The uniform she wore, far from the comfort of her starfleet uniform, felt chilled against her skin.

As she huddled further, her pointed ears picked up the sound of someone coming closer to the field. She looked up to see none other than Gabriel standing there. Once again, she laid a hand on the field, the closest she could come to touching him.

"Please, Gabriel," she said softly, her voice a little slurred by the tiredness creeping up her limbs. "Please, you have to let me go... It's the only way that they'll leave you and the girls alone..."

Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:45 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Arriving in sickbay, she only had Stark's outburst to tell her that something had gone wrong here as well.  She frowned slightly, turning to the sound of his voice.  "Tell me," she said, with the intent that he describe the scene for her.

[Sickbay]

"I...well," he said, before going into quick and succinct detail about the inglorious clusterflub that was their Sickbay, and the command-level officer that was currently cooling her heels behind a containment field. Literally cooling, if her shivers were any indication. "That's the long and short of it, ma'am."

He scanned the area. T'Koris' husband seemed to have as much a clue as to what was happening as he did. Corman quirked an eyebrow at the arrival of Doctor Telak and...a Klingon? Ah. Good. He'd heard that there was one stationed on the base, but hadn't met the man yet. Apparently, he and the Cardie were close. Interesting.

"Ensign," Corman said, as he spotted a man in gold who, judging from his sidearm, was security. "Full report. I want to know what's happening to my station, and I want to know yesterday!"

Retired
Back to top Go down
John Harriman
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 am

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

"I...well," he said, before going into quick and succinct detail about the inglorious clusterflub that was their Sickbay, and the command-level officer that was currently cooling her heels behind a containment field.  Literally cooling, if her shivers were any indication.  "That's the long and short of it, ma'am."

He scanned the area.  T'Koris' husband seemed to have as much a clue as to what was happening as he did.  Corman quirked an eyebrow at the arrival of Doctor Telak and...a Klingon?  Ah.  Good.  He'd heard that there was one stationed on the base, but hadn't met the man yet.  Apparently, he and the Cardie were close.  Interesting.

"Ensign," Corman said, as he spotted a man in gold who, judging from his sidearm, was security.  "Full report.  I want to know what's happening to my station, and I want to know yesterday!"

John heard all of the officers asking questions he turned to Admirals Deacon and Corman since they were the ranking officers and his CO and XO

"Admirals what happened is the captain attacked the chief with a knife, this was after she refused to comply with the request to come to Sickbay. After she attacked the commander I erected a level ten security force-field to keep her from attacking anymore of my fellow officers. After that I contacted Sickbay and had us beamed here."

He said this slightly upset he was sad to see a family torn and angry that his DH was dead.(As far as he knew)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel shivered again, leaning against the forcefield.  Her body was starting to slow down, she could feel it.  She felt tired, so very tired.  The static energy of the field brought her no warmth.  The uniform she wore, far from the comfort of her starfleet uniform, felt chilled against her skin.

As she huddled further, her pointed ears picked up the sound of someone coming closer to the field.  She looked up to see none other than Gabriel standing there.  Once again, she laid a hand on the field, the closest she could come to touching him.

"Please, Gabriel," she said softly, her voice a little slurred by the tiredness creeping up her limbs.  "Please, you have to let me go...  It's the only way that they'll leave you and the girls alone..."

John Harriman wrote:
"Admirals what happened is the captain attacked the chief with a knife, this was after she refused to comply with the request to come to Sickbay. After she attacked the commander I erected a level ten security force-field to keep her from attacking anymore of my fellow officers. After that I contacted Sickbay and had us beamed here."

[Sickbay]

She'd stabbed the security chief?  That had to be Shora, the Andorian who was one of Chira's friends.  How could she do such a thing?  Archangel wouldn't, the voice said.  But Nemesis would.  And did.  This is the kind of mother your children need?  Deserve?  She's right.  Let her go.  It's not too late to restart your life.  You're not too far in.

"Bullshit," Gabriel muttered, closing his eyes and leaning his head against the forcefield, his hand touching hers, with the energy barrier in between.  The field was just a restraining one, and not a putative barrier, so there was no pain.  "Those girls need their mother as much as they need me, Angel," he whispered.  "I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you.  I'm going to have them anesthetize you for now, e'lev.  You're not well.  You're not...you're not yourself."  Right...right, his voice said.  You just keep telling yourself that.

Retired

Last edited by Gabriel Arthur on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Today at 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: