Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:19 am

Corman Stark wrote:
"Time waits for nobody, Archangel T'Koris. I'm sure I've bored you enough. Godspeed, Captain."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Bowing slightly to Admiral Deacon, the young Romulan gathered up her brood and left the office.

[Admiral Deacon's Office]

Rachel watched the exchange between Admiral Stark and the new captain carefully, taking note of the various physiological tells that her VISOR meant that she was privy to. It was an interesting study.

Of course, now that he had proved to be at ease with Romulans, she had to see just how well he dealt with other former enemy species.

"Mr Stark, could you go down to sickbay and check in with Chief Abols and Doctor Telak? I believe they have some equipment requisitions that were not fulfilled."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

[Sickbay]

Ensign Maya Stone was leaned up against a console, reviewing the list of supplies because her shift had only just started and she had nothing better to do. Or so she had thought until one of the waiters came strolling through the doors. He clutching the palm of his right hand very hard with his left, to stem the flow of blood, she noticed when she took a closer look. Maya didn't know his name and only vaguely recognized him by sight.

"I seem to have cut my hand," he told her in accented English. "I, uh, dropped a glass and nicked myself pretty good on a shard when I went to clean it up."

Maya laid the padd aside, motioning the man over to the nearest biobed. This would be a quick fix-up, she thought to herself. "Let's see what we can do, Mr..."

"Amos Bosch," he explained. "I'd offer to shake hands, but, well..." He raised his hands, still clasped together, with a sort of nervous grin.

"French?" she asked, suddenly curious.

"Dutch."

"Ah," she replied. "Now if you could please give me your hand so I can fix it?"

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Corridors]

Grinning, Gabe glanced to one side. There were precious few people from his 'old' life that he respected more than Conley. "No, Ser...it's not bad. I miss the old Fleet, sometimes...but there's a hell of a lot more that I don't miss. I'm glad for this opportunity...for me, and for Arch, especially." Gabriel was sure that politicking in their old assignment's HQ would hold her back from the center seat forever. At least here, on the frontier...she had a chance to prove herself.

He shrugged. "It sure as hell won't be easy, but neither one of us expected a walk in the park when we signed up." He gave a slight smile. "It means a lot that you took the time to vidcall, Conley. Chira's assigned to the starbase Athena, so be sure to swing by and say 'hi' if you're in this part of space. And you and the Phoenix might meet somewhere...out there."

Ser smile diminished a bit, when he heard Gabriel say that. He averted his eyes, and then took a breath. Before looking back at Gabriel.

=/\="That's the other reason I called. The Chin'toka is going on a deep DEEP space misson. It will be years before we get back. I just wanted to get one more tease in before we go."=/\=, Ser said.

Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel watched the exchange between Admiral Stark and the new captain carefully, taking note of the various physiological tells that her VISOR meant that she was privy to.  It was an interesting study.  

Of course, now that he had proved to be at ease with Romulans, she had to see just how well he dealt with other former enemy species.

"Mr Stark, could you go down to sickbay and check in with Chief Abols and Doctor Telak?  I believe they have some equipment requisitions that were not fulfilled."

[Deacon's Office]

Watching the odd trio leave, Corman gave an amused little smile as he stepped well out of the way. He raised his coffee mug to Seika in a similar salute to the one he gave the mother not long ago. The command structure of the new Phoenix seemed just odd enough to work.

His smile turned rather bemused as Deacon mentioned his going to sickbay. She'd been suspiciously silent during the whole exchange with T'Koris, leaving Corman with the impression that she was content just being an observer, probably ticking notes off in that Vulcan-trained mind of hers. You'd think she was raised around Romulans, instead...

Corman had not had a chance to meet anyone from sickbay, and he honestly wasn't planning on it. Out of the goodness of his heart, he decided not to harp on the fact that he was wearing flag officer burgundy and not ops officer gold. He could play along. Besides...it wasn't like he was doing anything else constructive.

"Well...alright," he drawled. "Nothing makes the gears move faster than surprise inspections." He returned his mug to the reclamation unit, inclining his head to Deacon. "Admiral. I'll catch up with you later."

[Sickbay]

As the doors of sickbay swished open, Corman spied one of the doctors patching up someone's hand. She didn't quite look like someone who would be named 'Henriks', but the young man currently chatting up another woman seemed to be.

"Doctor Abols?" Corman asked, approaching. "Hope I'm not interrupting. How's the sickbay transition progressing?"

Click the card for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Jonathan Hart wrote:

Ser smile diminished a bit, when he heard Gabriel say that.   He averted his eyes, and then took a breath.  Before looking back at Gabriel.

=/\="That's the other reason I called.  The Chin'toka is going on a deep DEEP space misson.  It will be years before we get back.  I just wanted to get one more tease in before we go."=/\=, Ser said.

[Corridors]

"...oh," Gabriel said.  "I'd...yeah.  I'd call that 'deep'."  He smiled.  "Well, I'm glad I could oblige you as a target for teasing..."  His face turned a little more serious.  "Good luck, Conley.  We'll try not to tear things up too much while you are gone."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
It was surprising to see Gabriel standing in the corridors of the habitat ring speaking to his PADD. Recognising the face of Commander Ser Conley, she smiled slightly.

"Your daughter decided that she needed to stand up for me in front of Admiral Stark," she told her husband, gently removing her plait from Aria's grasp as she started to chew on it. "He now has a bruised shin."

Glancing up as someone approached, he was delighted to see his family.  Literally, the whole thing.  "Hey, girls," he grinned, turning the padd screen around.  "Seika, Aria...can you say 'hello' to Commander Conley?"  A small, sad smile touched his lips as he looked to his wife.  "Ser's going on a deep space mission.  Long term."

Derek Black wrote:

Letting out a barking laugh, Derek continued smiling while explaining, "Aye, that's one term to use to describe a very long and...scattered career. I see that you chose to switch to the dark side however." He pointedly glanced at Arthur's collar as they stepped onto the lift. "Habitation Ring Charlie."

"No, I haven't met the Lieutenant yet." Derek replied, frowning slightly. "Actually, I think I might be chasing her across the universe. Was supposed to serve with her onboard the Discovery as well, but she left before we took possession of the new carrier."

"Aye sir." Derek gave the Commander a nod while disembarking at his stop and continuing to his quarters.

NPC post:  Taro

[Habitation Ring C]

A door slid open as a large, bulky, reptilian creature backed out into the corridor of the ring.  "Yes, yes, ensign...I'll put a work order in for your climate control.  Until then...wear a coat, perhaps."

The turtle-like being turned around, holding a padd in one clawed hand, and a writing stylus in the other.  He cocked his head as Chief Black approached.  "And you are?  Do you need assistance in finding your quarters?  Do you wish to lodge a work order and or a complaint?"

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:19 pm

[Sickbay]

Amos offered up his hand as the young lady had asked him to. The bleeding had all but stopped and was trickling slowly as she ran a tool back and forth over the cut. Amos had no idea what the tool was, or really what it was even supposed to do, but the cut quickly disappeared before his eyes. "Thank you, Miss," he said, smiling. He hopped off the bed as another man walked through the doors. Amos threw a wink at the young doctor as he left, to which she rolled her eyes.

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

As the doors of sickbay swished open, Corman spied one of the doctors patching up someone's hand.  She didn't quite look like someone who would be named 'Henriks', but the young man currently chatting up another woman seemed to be.

"Doctor Abols?" Corman asked, approaching.  "Hope I'm not interrupting.  How's the sickbay transition progressing?"

"So, my lady," Henriks teased, "shall we do your physical first or mine." He grinned. He was just about to poke his tongue at Chira when someone called his name.

Turning, he saw that it was an admiral who had graced sickbay with his presence. "Sveiks, sir," Henriks said. "Ābols at your service. Sickbay's coming along as well as can be expected. Supplies have all but made their way over, so all that remains is to arrange physicals for the station's crew." He quirked a brow with a slight smile. "I don't suppose you'd like to get yours done with, sir?"[/quote]

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

NPC post:  Taro

[Habitation Ring C]

A door slid open as a large, bulky, reptilian creature backed out into the corridor of the ring.  "Yes, yes, ensign...I'll put a work order in for your climate control.  Until then...wear a coat, perhaps."

The turtle-like being turned around, holding a padd in one clawed hand, and a writing stylus in the other.  He cocked his head as Chief Black approached.  "And you are?  Do you need assistance in finding your quarters?  Do you wish to lodge a work order and or a complaint?"

[Habitation Ring C]

"Chief Black, and nope. Don't need any assistance, no need for a work order, and the only complaint I have is that the replicator couldn't make a decent donair." Derek mentioned, patting the alien on his back while passing, calling back over his shoulder, "All in all, good work."

Keying into his room a few dozen metres further down the corridor, Derek glanced over the spartan cabin, his eyes settling on the two duffel bags, packed and sitting at the foot of his bed. "Well...thanks for the hospitality." He spoke outloud to the empty air, slinging one bag over his back and taking the other in hand. Time was awasting, and a he had a new ship to get to know.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:27 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:
"So, my lady," Henriks teased, "shall we do your physical first or mine." He grinned. He was just about to poke his tongue at Chira when someone called his name.

Turning, he saw that it was an admiral who had graced sickbay with his presence. "Sveiks, sir," Henriks said. "Ābols at your service. Sickbay's coming along as well as can be expected. Supplies have all but made their way over, so all that remains is to arrange physicals for the station's crew." He quirked a brow with a slight smile. "I don't suppose you'd like to get yours done with, sir?"

[Sickbay]

Well. Corman supposed he probably was interrupting something, from the way these two spoke to each other. He assumed they were probably in a relationship. Nice gig, if one could get it. May as well date someone else in the service, he thought. Because having a life with someone outside of it sure as hell is a recipe for disaster.

"Am I due?" he asked, genuinely curious. "I got one at Starfleet Medical just..." he trailed off, calculating the Earth Standard date in his head. "Oh, hell. I guess that was a year ago."

Suddenly, Corman's head jerked around as he looked through the semi-transparent door panes of one of the offices. I'll be god damned, he thought. Surely not... Yes, though...it was. There, in the pasty, grey-toned flesh...sat a Cardassian.

In a Starfleet uniform.

"What's the story on her?" he asked Abols, nodding in the Cardie's direction.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 am

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

Well.  Corman supposed he probably was interrupting something, from the way these two spoke to each other.  He assumed they were probably in a relationship.  Nice gig, if one could get it.  May as well date someone else in the service, he thought.  Because having a life with someone outside of it sure as hell is a recipe for disaster.  

"Am I due?" he asked, genuinely curious.  "I got one at Starfleet Medical just..." he trailed off, calculating the Earth Standard date in his head.  "Oh, hell.  I guess that was a year ago."  

Suddenly, Corman's head jerked around as he looked through the semi-transparent door panes of one of the offices.  I'll be god damned, he thought.  Surely not...  Yes, though...it was.  There, in the pasty, grey-toned flesh...sat a Cardassian.

In a Starfleet uniform.

"What's the story on her?" he asked Abols, nodding in the Cardie's direction.

[Sickbay]

"Well, sir, it seems you're due for another one," Henriks replied. "As I said, you could always get it out of the way, or--" Or feel free to schedule one if you don't have the time, he would have added. After all, he could understand how busy the command staff must be with a ship preparing to launch. But Henriks stopped has the admiral suddenly turned his head.

He followed the admiral's gaze to Ilana Telak. Henriks gave a slight shrug. "She's one of my medical staff, sir," Henriks said with a pause. He didn't like the look in the admiral's eyes. "And a good officer, if her record is anything to go by. Would you like me to get her?"

-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Well, sir, it seems you're due for another one," Henriks replied. "As I said, you could always get it out of the way, or--" Or feel free to schedule one if you don't have the time, he would have added. After all, he could understand how busy the command staff must be with a ship preparing to launch. But Henriks stopped has the admiral suddenly turned his head.

He followed the admiral's gaze to Ilana Telak. Henriks gave a slight shrug. "She's one of my medical staff, sir," Henriks said with a pause. He didn't like the look in the admiral's eyes. "And a good officer, if her record is anything to go by. Would you like me to get her?"

[Sickbay]

Slowly, Corman turned his attention back to the PO. The guy seemed like a good kid. No reason to make him uncomfortable. "No...I don't think that'll be necessary, doc." Corman flashed a quick smile, though it held no mirth whatsoever. As far as he was concerned, he'd rather have that damned Rigelian turtle-man he'd seen the other day perform a physical on him. "I'm sure she's a good officer, but we can get it out of the way. Besides," he said, shrugging, "she appears to be talking to someone, already."

Sure, she's a good officer. Very thorough, he thought. If those sons of bitches are anything...it's *thorough*. He could still remember his friend and fellow sec/tac officer, David Valen. They'd tortured him until his heart finally gave out. Very thorough. If Captain Hale hadn't pulled his ass out of the fire then, Corman probably would have been next.

"You know what? On second thought, we can do this later. I'm sure you all are very busy," he muttered, anxious to just get the hell out of Sickbay before Telak saw him, and he had to play nice.

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Derek Black wrote:

"Chief Black, and nope. Don't need any assistance, no need for a work order, and the only complaint I have is that the replicator couldn't make a decent donair." Derek mentioned, patting the alien on his back while passing, calling back over his shoulder, "All in all, good work."

Keying into his room a few dozen metres further down the corridor, Derek glanced over the spartan cabin, his eyes settling on the two duffel bags, packed and sitting at the foot of his bed. "Well...thanks for the hospitality." He spoke outloud to the empty air, slinging one bag over his back and taking the other in hand. Time was awasting, and a he had a new ship to get to know.

[Habitation Ring C]
[Senior Crewman Taro]

Leaning his carapace against the bulkhead, Taro rolled his eyes as the man brushed past him.  Well.  It was a start.  Chief Black was just about the only person that didn't need (read: demand) something out of Operations, and demand it yesterday.  Taro wondered if every other move-in was as confusing as this one.  All these extra starship crew, muckin' up the works, the Chelon thought.  It put him in a grouchy mood.  Most things did, come to think of it.

"Thanks," the turtle-man said to himself, under his breath.  "Enjoy your stay."  Clicking his beak, Taro spied another crewmember walking toward him with determination.  "What now..." the Chelon said, glancing up to the heavens as if in supplication.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

Slowly, Corman turned his attention back to the PO.  The guy seemed like a good kid.  No reason to make him uncomfortable.  "No...I don't think that'll be necessary, doc."  Corman flashed a quick smile, though it held no mirth whatsoever.  As far as he was concerned, he'd rather have that damned Rigelian turtle-man he'd seen the other day perform a physical on him.  "I'm sure she's a good officer, but we can get it out of the way.  Besides," he said, shrugging, "she appears to be talking to someone, already."

Sure, she's a good officer.  Very thorough, he thought.  If those sons of bitches are anything...it's *thorough*.  He could still remember his friend and fellow sec/tac officer, David Valen.  They'd tortured him until his heart finally gave out.  Very thorough.  If Captain Hale hadn't pulled his ass out of the fire then, Corman probably would have been next.

"You know what?  On second thought, we can do this later.  I'm sure you all are very busy," he muttered, anxious to just get the hell out of Sickbay before Telak saw him, and he had to play nice.

[Sickbay]

The admiral gave a quick smile, the kind they probably had to learn for diplomacy purposes, hardly anything more than a mask. But the admiral seemed amicable enough, if a little on edge. "If that's what you wish, sir," Henriks replied. "Perhaps scheduling one would work best. I'm sure you have plenty on your mind today."

-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:02 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

The admiral gave a quick smile, the kind they probably had to learn for diplomacy purposes, hardly anything more than a mask. But the admiral seemed amicable enough, if a little on edge. "If that's what you wish, sir," Henriks replied. "Perhaps scheduling one would work best. I'm sure you have plenty on your mind today."

[Sickbay]

She could feel them looking at her. It was a feeling that Ilana was all too familiar with. She excused herself from Thelos, getting up from her desk and making her way out into the corridor. She wanted to know why exactly they were treating her office like a zoo cage.

Her resolve faltered, however, as she saw the look on the Admiral's face. It was close to the one Revek Tre'el had worn during the brief times they had endured each other's presence. She took a deep breath to try to calm her nerves.

"I-is th-th-there a-anyth-thing I c-c-can h-help y-y-you w-w-with?" she asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 am

\"Henriks Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Right..." Corman drawled, schooling his features into neutrality as he listened to the doctor.  Listened, but didn't really pay that close of attention.  "We'll shoot for the end of the week," he finished, heading for the doors.

Ilana Telak wrote:

She could feel them looking at her.  It was a feeling that Ilana was all too familiar with.  She excused herself from Thelos, getting up from her desk and making her way out into the corridor.  She wanted to know why exactly they were treating her office like a zoo cage.

Her resolve faltered, however, as she saw the look on the Admiral's face.  It was close to the one Revek Tre'el had worn during the brief times they had endured each other's presence.  She took a deep breath to try to calm her nerves.

"I-is th-th-there a-anyth-thing I c-c-can h-help y-y-you w-w-with?" she asked quietly.

Stopping in his tracks, Corman swore under his breath, turning to face the doctor.  That carefully-schooled neutrality morphed into something a bit stonier.  The girl's ridged face seemed relatively free of malice, but he knew how deceptive those bastards could be, when they needed to be.  They could give Romulans a run for their latinum.

"No, doctor.  There is not."  Corman wanted to leave, right then and there, but...  This is my station, he thought.  This is my crew.  Strange as it is, so is she.  He should probably at least make an effort at cordiality.  "Good to meet you, doctor," he lied.  "Corman Stark, XO of this station."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:55 am

Corman Stark wrote:

Stopping in his tracks, Corman swore under his breath, turning to face the doctor.  That carefully-schooled neutrality morphed into something a bit stonier.  The girl's ridged face seemed relatively free of malice, but he knew how deceptive those bastards could be, when they needed to be.  They could give Romulans a run for their latinum.

"No, doctor.  There is not."  Corman wanted to leave, right then and there, but...  This is my station, he thought.  This is my crew.  Strange as it is, so is she.  He should probably at least make an effort at cordiality.  "Good to meet you, doctor," he lied.  "Corman Stark, XO of this station."

The difference in the Admiral's demeanor was subtle, but one thing that the Cardassians were renowned for was their attention to detail. She could read the change of expression like an open book. Then again, she expected that of the Admiral. She had read his personnel file.

Subconsciously, in the manner of prey everywhere, she tried to make herself look smaller, less threatening. Given her already small, thin frame and slightly baggy uniform, this wasn't all that difficult. When she spoke, it was in an even smaller voice.

"D-d-d-doct-t-tor I-I-Ilana T-T-T-Tel-lak, s-s-s-sir," she managed to get out, her stammer worsened by her nervousness. She couldn't fathom why, but the more primordial areas of her brain were telegraphing 'run' to her legs. It was an effort not to obey that order and bolt back into her office.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Corridors]

"...oh," Gabriel said.  "I'd...yeah.  I'd call that 'deep'."  He smiled.  "Well, I'm glad I could oblige you as a target for teasing..."  His face turned a little more serious.  "Good luck, Conley.  We'll try not to tear things up too much while you are gone."

Glancing up as someone approached, he was delighted to see his family.  Literally, the whole thing.  "Hey, girls," he grinned, turning the padd screen around.  "Seika, Aria...can you say 'hello' to Commander Conley?"  A small, sad smile touched his lips as he looked to his wife.  "Ser's going on a deep space mission.  Long term."

[Corridors]

Aria happily giggled and waved at the PADD from her mother's arms, making Archangel work that much harder to keep hold of the wriggling baby. Seika, on the other hand, was still sulkingafter her run in with Admiral Stark.

Archangel nodded to the PADD. "Stay safe out there, Ser. We've had enough reports of deaths of people we know recently."

She turned her gaze back to Gabriel and added in a voice too low for the PADD to pick up. "We need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The difference in the Admiral's demeanor was subtle, but one thing that the Cardassians were renowned for was their attention to detail.  She could read the change of expression like an open book.  Then again, she expected that of the Admiral.  She had read his personnel file.

Subconsciously, in the manner of prey everywhere, she tried to make herself look smaller, less threatening.  Given her already small, thin frame and slightly baggy uniform, this wasn't all that difficult. When she spoke, it was in an even smaller voice.

"D-d-d-doct-t-tor I-I-Ilana T-T-T-Tel-lak, s-s-s-sir," she managed to get out, her stammer worsened by her nervousness.  She couldn't fathom why, but the more primordial areas of her brain were telegraphing 'run' to her legs.  It was an effort not to obey that order and bolt back into her office.

[Sickbay]

Good god, Corman thought, she looks like she wants to dodge under a biobed. Well. He supposed that he wasn't exactly putting off the...friendliest...of vibes. Corman wondered if that stutter was a permanent thing, or if it was just because she was nervous. Great. Not only is one of my medical officers a Spoonie, but she's a nerve case.

"Doctor Telak," he said, if only to fill the awkward silence that seemed to be hanging in the air. He wanted to demand at least a dozen questions - how did she get here, how did she gain an officer's commission, what the hell was Starfleet thinking, et cetera...but now was not the time, or the place. He could make his own inquiries. Starting with Admiral Deacon, most like. "Well. I will leave you folks to it. If you need anything...well, contact Ops."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Aria happily giggled and waved at the PADD from her mother's arms, making Archangel work that much harder to keep hold of the wriggling baby.  Seika, on the other hand, was still sulkingafter her run in with Admiral Stark.

Archangel nodded to the PADD.  "Stay safe out there, Ser.  We've had enough reports of deaths of people we know recently."

She turned her gaze back to Gabriel and added in a voice too low for the PADD to pick up.  "We need to talk."

[Corridors]

Gabe's eyebrows shot up slightly at Archangel's greeting and admonition to Conley.  He wondered if basically telling someone that you hoped they didn't die was a Romulan-ish thing to say.  It probably was.  Then again, she was probably one of the few Romulans that actually meant it.

He had to smile as Aria made various baby faces into the padd screen.  Seika was sulking, as she was wont to do sometimes.  It took a moment to sink in what Archangel had said.  "Wait, she kicked the admiral?"  He shook his head.  "That's our girl..." Gabriel muttered, before hardening his features a little.  "But we don't kick flag officers, Seika.  Or...anyone, for that matter!"  He gave up on trying to make his face stern.

A cold feeling settled into his spine as the other thing she'd said caught up with him.  They needed to talk?  Gabe had a feeling it wasn't just about Seika's manners.  Had he done something wrong?  In a split second, Gabriel re-played everything he'd done today, coming up with nothing that would make his wife upset.  Oh, god...oh, man...oh, god... he wondered.  It was never good when a woman wanted to Talk.  It was well and good to talk, but Talking was something altogether different.

"Alright, Conley...duty calls.  Beer's one me, next time.  And...good luck."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Corridors]

"The last time I, 'tore thing up', I blow up the captain's ready room. But in my defense there were Five Iconians in there trying to kill us. Funny thing is, it happening again on this mission.", Ser said smiling.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
It was surprising to see Gabriel standing in the corridors of the habitat ring speaking to his PADD. Recognising the face of Commander Ser Conley, she smiled slightly.

"Your daughter decided that she needed to stand up for me in front of Admiral Stark," she told her husband, gently removing her plait from Aria's grasp as she started to chew on it. "He now has a bruised shin."

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Oh my god, you girls are beautiful. Hi. Garbiel when they start dating, I'll be ready to crack some heads.", he said.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Corridors]

Aria happily giggled and waved at the PADD from her mother's arms, making Archangel work that much harder to keep hold of the wriggling baby. Seika, on the other hand, was still sulkingafter her run in with Admiral Stark.

Archangel nodded to the PADD. "Stay safe out there, Ser. We've had enough reports of deaths of people we know recently."

Ser returned the nodded.

"Then I'll have to make sure the next report you read will be about my captaincy. Congratulation by the way. Captain", he said

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Corridors]

He had to smile as Aria made various baby faces into the padd screen. Seika was sulking, as she was wont to do sometimes. It took a moment to sink in what Archangel had said. "Wait, she kicked the admiral?" He shook his head. "That's our girl..." Gabriel muttered, before hardening his features a little. "But we don't kick flag officers, Seika. Or...anyone, for that matter!" He gave up on trying to make his face stern.

A cold feeling settled into his spine as the other thing she'd said caught up with him. They needed to talk? Gabe had a feeling it wasn't just about Seika's manners. Had he done something wrong? In a split second, Gabriel re-played everything he'd done today, coming up with nothing that would make his wife upset. Oh, god...oh, man...oh, god... he wondered. It was never good when a woman wanted to Talk. It was well and good to talk, but Talking was something altogether different.

"Alright, Conley...duty calls. Beer's one me, next time. And...good luck."

Form the look on Arch's face it looked like this was coming to an end.

"Too you too brother, and Arch. Jolan tru.", he said with a wink and smile. Then blipped out.

Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

Good god, Corman thought, she looks like she wants to dodge under a biobed.  Well.  He supposed that he wasn't exactly putting off the...friendliest...of vibes.  Corman wondered if that stutter was a permanent thing, or if it was just because she was nervous.  Great.  Not only is one of my medical officers a Spoonie, but she's a nerve case.

"Doctor Telak," he said, if only to fill the awkward silence that seemed to be hanging in the air.  He wanted to demand at least a dozen questions - how did she get here, how did she gain an officer's commission, what the hell was Starfleet thinking, et cetera...but now was not the time, or the place.  He could make his own inquiries.  Starting with Admiral Deacon, most like.  "Well.  I will leave you folks to it.  If you need anything...well, contact Ops."

[Sickbay]

There was little Henriks could do but watch the encounter between the admiral and the ensign. Neither of them seemed to be enjoying it, one trying to hold back animosity and the other fear. Admiral Stark offered formalities, but they were just that, formal and stiff. Telak replied, stammering like a frightened sheep.

"Alright then, I'll jot you down for the end of the week, sir," Henriks said at last. The admiral seemed most eager to get out of sickbay, and Henriks wasn't one to stop him. Once sickbay returned to its normal population of just blueshirts, Henriks turned to Telak to see if she was alright.

"I'm not sure we've  properly met," he said. Yes, he knew the names and faces of all the staff, but all that information could be gotten from medical files. I hope you're settling in alright?"

-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

There was little Henriks could do but watch the encounter between the admiral and the ensign. Neither of them seemed to be enjoying it, one trying to hold back animosity and the other fear. Admiral Stark offered formalities, but they were just that, formal and stiff. Telak replied, stammering like a frightened sheep.

"Alright then, I'll jot you down for the end of the week, sir," Henriks said at last. The admiral seemed most eager to get out of sickbay, and Henriks wasn't one to stop him. Once sickbay returned to its normal population of just blueshirts, Henriks turned to Telak to see if she was alright.

"I'm not sure we've  properly met," he said. Yes, he knew the names and faces of all the staff, but all that information could be gotten from medical files. I hope you're settling in alright?"

[Sickbay]

Ilana breathed out a quiet sigh of relief at Admiral Stark's departure, her shoulder's instantly relaxing and closing her eyes. She even sagged against the wall, folding her arms over her stomach. As he spoke, she looked up at Henriks and forced a smile.

"I-I th-th-thought I w-w-was."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

[Sickbay]

Good god, Corman thought, she looks like she wants to dodge under a biobed.  Well.  He supposed that he wasn't exactly putting off the...friendliest...of vibes.  Corman wondered if that stutter was a permanent thing, or if it was just because she was nervous.  Great.  Not only is one of my medical officers a Spoonie, but she's a nerve case.

"Doctor Telak," he said, if only to fill the awkward silence that seemed to be hanging in the air.  He wanted to demand at least a dozen questions - how did she get here, how did she gain an officer's commission, what the hell was Starfleet thinking, et cetera...but now was not the time, or the place.  He could make his own inquiries.  Starting with Admiral Deacon, most like.  "Well.  I will leave you folks to it.  If you need anything...well, contact Ops."

[Admiral Deacon's Office]

Rachel slipped into the chair behind her desk, asking the computer for the time as she did so. Hearing the response, she raised one eyebrow. She had expected Admiral Stark to have returned like an enraged bull by now. Both his Starfleet records and his encounter with Captain T'Koris had shown her that he was a man to bear grudges against species he had fought against. The Dominion War was still such a recent occurrance that it was bound to cause friction with several species, let alone one who had been so instrumental to the Dominion as the Cardassians had been. Sending him down to sickbay had been a way of testing out how well he was going to deal with having a Cardassian medic on board.

Finding her VISOR on top of the stack of PADDs, she clipped it into place and settled back to wait for Admiral Stark's return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm

[quote="Jonathan Hart"]

[Corridors]

"Good Hunting, Ser," Archangel replied just before he shut the connection. It was a very Romulan thing to say. Since they didn't believe in luck, they couldn't wish it.

Once the screen was blank and the communication channel closed, her expression turned a little more troubled. "Shall we go to the Phoenix?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Corridors]

"Good Hunting, Ser," Archangel replied just before he shut the connection.  It was a very Romulan thing to say.  Since they didn't believe in luck, they couldn't wish it.  

Once the screen was blank and the communication channel closed, her expression turned a little more troubled.  "Shall we go to the Phoenix?"

[Corridors]

As Ser winked out of existence, Gabriel tucked the padd under his arm, turning to his wife, concern clearly painted across his face.  "Er...sure, Arch."  He had no problems calling her by her name, even if they were in public.  They technically weren't on duty.  Plus, they had the menagerie with them, which wasn't conducive to a hyper-professional environment.

With nothing else left to do but follow her onto the ship, Gabe did just that, wondering just what this was all about.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel slipped into the chair behind her desk, asking the computer for the time as she did so.  Hearing the response, she raised one eyebrow.  She had expected Admiral Stark to have returned like an enraged bull by now.  Both his Starfleet records and his encounter with Captain T'Koris had shown her that he was a man to bear grudges against species he had fought against.  The Dominion War was still such a recent occurrance that it was bound to cause friction with several species, let alone one who had been so instrumental to the Dominion as the Cardassians had been.  Sending him down to sickbay had been a way of testing out how well he was going to deal with having a Cardassian medic on board.

Finding her VISOR on top of the stack of PADDs, she clipped it into place and settled back to wait for Admiral Stark's return.

[Turbolift]

The mix of emotions that surged through Corman's blood was noxious.  He was upset.  No, he was furious.  At Starfleet Medical, at Starfleet in general...

And, if he was honest...at himself.

He should be over this by now.  The Cardassian War was a damn decade and a half ago.  Another time, another place...another lifetime ago.  Some things never change, do they? he thought, as the 'lift doors slid open.  No, they didn't, and Cardassia's actions in the Dominion War proved that point.

[Deacon's Office]

Corman quietly stepped into the admiral's office, idly wondering if he had his own, as well.  He should probably ask Ops.  Without a word, he took up a stance next to the viewport, watching the SCE spacebees at work.  

"You could have told me."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Today at 6:49 am

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: