Current Year: 2379
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
by Kejal Buris Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:34 am

» *pokes the fleet*
by Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
by Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
by Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
by Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
by Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
by Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

» Message to all of Aurora Fleet
by Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

Affiliates

Share | 
 

 Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:


Zero watched as the Romulan captain made her way through the crowd, an expression of faint concern evident on her face.  "Yes, she was the one who stabbed the station's chief of security.  I believe that there was a stand off between them."  She shrugged one shoulder.  "I was involved in the prenatal care and birthing of her youngest daughter."  She remembered the day she had begun the process of genetically modifying the Romulan's little girl, changing the father's identity.  It had gone well, and a healthy baby girl had been born to the couple.  "Her eldest daughter was paralysed during an incident on the Discovery."

"A stand-off?  Gawd!"  Gavin shook his head, smiling faintly.  "You certainly can't call this life boring, can you?"  His interest was definitely piqued by the mention of Archangel's baby.  He'd only seen the captain's children a few times, but he remembered well the smiling, happy little tow-haired girl named Aria, and her brave big sister.  "The older one's not Arthur's, is she?  I...I heard about how she got hurt.  What's her name?  Ika?"  He shook his head.  It was a damn shame, what happened to the child.  It seemed to reiterate how dangerous starship life was for a family.

Gav decided that he needed a drink on that thought, and took a pull from the vodka.  He had to go slowly, however...having consumed a lot of wine, it wouldn't be wise to chase it with liquor.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:06 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"A stand-off?  Gawd!"  Gavin shook his head, smiling faintly.  "You certainly can't call this life boring, can you?"  His interest was definitely piqued by the mention of Archangel's baby.  He'd only seen the captain's children a few times, but he remembered well the smiling, happy little tow-haired girl named Aria, and her brave big sister.  "The older one's not Arthur's, is she?  I...I heard about how she got hurt.  What's her name?  Ika?"  He shook his head.  It was a damn shame, what happened to the child.  It seemed to reiterate how dangerous starship life was for a family.

Gav decided that he needed a drink on that thought, and took a pull from the vodka.  He had to go slowly, however...having consumed a lot of wine, it wouldn't be wise to chase it with liquor.

"No, it is not," Zero agreed, thinking about the couple of days that Shora had had to spend in sickbay under observation. As with most security officers, she had been raring to get out from under the doctors as soon as the dermal regenerator had been switched off.

"No, Captain T'Koris had Seika from a previous relationship," she corrected, "but Commander Arthur has become official guardian to her. I believe the term is 'adopted as his own'." She paused, swinging her legs back and forth. "Please do not tell them of this, but I am working on a manner in which Seika's recovery may be accelerated."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:


"No, it is not," Zero agreed, thinking about the couple of days that Shora had had to spend in sickbay under observation.  As with most security officers, she had been raring to get out from under the doctors as soon as the dermal regenerator had been switched off.

"No, Captain T'Koris had Seika from a previous relationship," she corrected, "but Commander Arthur has become official guardian to her.  I believe the term is 'adopted as his own'."  She paused, swinging her legs back and forth.  "Please do not tell them of this, but I am working on a manner in which Seika's recovery may be accelerated."

Gavin nodded, the motion making the lights of the station's upper reaches swirl a little in his vision. "Seika, right. That's good of Arthur to do that, y'know. My middle sister is adopted." He was pretty much just babbling random thoughts together, but...such were the risks of being very drunk. "I'd adopt you, y'know," Gavin said, giving Zero a quick hug. "We should do that. Fill out the paperwork and all." He giggled again, but was only halfway kidding...as much as his family rode his ass about...well, almost everything, he couldn't imagine a life without one.

Something Zero had mentioned worked through his drunken fog. "Accelerate her recovery? How so?"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin nodded, the motion making the lights of the station's upper reaches swirl a little in his vision.  "Seika, right.  That's good of Arthur to do that, y'know.  My middle sister is adopted."  He was pretty much just babbling random thoughts together, but...such were the risks of being very drunk.  "I'd adopt you, y'know," Gavin said, giving Zero a quick hug.  "We should do that.  Fill out the paperwork and all."  He giggled again, but was only halfway kidding...as much as his family rode his ass about...well, almost everything, he couldn't imagine a life without one.

Something Zero had mentioned worked through his drunken fog.  "Accelerate her recovery?  How so?"

"I am not eligible for adoption," Zero said, happy to let her thoughts wander rather than try to steer them in any particular direction. "I am not recognised as an individual, nor as a citizen. Such are the perils of my nature. Also, I do not think that your family would be accommodating of me, whether or not we happen to share certain elements of our genetic profiles."

She shifted her backside on the deck plating, trying to relieve some discomfort in her tailbone. "A synthetic that may encourage growth of the neurons in the spinal column," she replied to the question. "My research is still in its infancy, but it appears to be promising."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:


"I am not eligible for adoption," Zero said, happy to let her thoughts wander rather than try to steer them in any particular direction.  "I am not recognised as an individual, nor as a citizen.  Such are the perils of my nature.  Also, I do not think that your family would be accommodating of me, whether or not we happen to share certain elements of our genetic profiles."

She shifted her backside on the deck plating, trying to relieve some discomfort in her tailbone.  "A synthetic that may encourage growth of the neurons in the spinal column," she replied to the question.  "My research is still in its infancy, but it appears to be promising."

Frowning a little, Gavin continued to kick his feet as he sat on the edge of the balcony area. He hadn't been serious about the adoption thing, but her response drove home just how much psychological damage Medical had done to this girl. It seemed that Zero Alpha was the product of reckless, arrogant science...science that refused to take responsibility for its actions. Even though they weren't really related, Gavin knew that he would do what he could to to help her assimilation into society along. "Well. My family isn't exactly what you should model your life on, after all."

He listened intently at Zero's possible solution for poor little Seika. Or, at least, as intently as a drunk person could. "Of course, I'll help you out, if you need a hand." A tall, slim figure in a uniform of the admiralty caught his attention, walking down on the lower level. "Oh! Look, it's Admiral Stark. Is he going toward the recreation holodecks? Didn't Deacon go that way, too?"


_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:18 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Frowning a little, Gavin continued to kick his feet as he sat on the edge of the balcony area.  He hadn't been serious about the adoption thing, but her response drove home just how much psychological damage Medical had done to this girl.  It seemed that Zero Alpha was the product of reckless, arrogant science...science that refused to take responsibility for its actions.  Even though they weren't really related, Gavin knew that he would do what he could to to help her assimilation into society along.  "Well.  My family isn't exactly what you should model your life on, after all."

He listened intently at Zero's possible solution for poor little Seika.  Or, at least, as intently as a drunk person could.  "Of course, I'll help you out, if you need a hand."  A tall, slim figure in a uniform of the admiralty caught his attention, walking down on the lower level.  "Oh!  Look, it's Admiral Stark.  Is he going toward the recreation holodecks?  Didn't Deacon go that way, too?"

Even when she wasn't in a state of some inebriation, Zero had difficulty recognising what was serious and what was intended as a joke. Humour was such a difficult thing to get a grasp of. She assumed that human humour was difficult for any non-human species though, so she didn't consider it to be a great loss.

She looked back down at the throng of people down on the Promenade, recognising the tall figure in a red uniform making his way though. Most of the people stepped out of his way. "Perhaps they have a rendezvous to engage in a form of recreation?"

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:52 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Even when she wasn't in a state of some inebriation, Zero had difficulty recognising what was serious and what was intended as a joke.  Humour was such a difficult thing to get a grasp of.  She assumed that human humour was difficult for any non-human species though, so she didn't consider it to be a great loss.

She looked back down at the throng of people down on the Promenade, recognising the tall figure in a red uniform making his way though.  Most of the people stepped out of his way.  "Perhaps they have a rendezvous to engage in a form of recreation?"

Gavin followed Stark until the man disappeared from his line of sight. "Yep, that's where he's going." He'd not met the station's second-in-command, but he knew the man by reputation. Most found him pretty easy-going...though he was sure that the man wasn't a pushover. If anyone thought that, well...they probably just hadn't given him reason to push back.

"Engaging in a form of...oh. My. God. You don't think? Y'know. She...and him...are they like...recreating recreating?" It wasn't unheard of - their own Captain and XO were married, after all. "Scandaaaaaal," he said, laughing gleefully.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin followed Stark until the man disappeared from his line of sight.  "Yep, that's where he's going."  He'd not met the station's second-in-command, but he knew the man by reputation.  Most found him pretty easy-going...though he was sure that the man wasn't a pushover.  If anyone thought that, well...they probably just hadn't given him reason to push back.

"Engaging in a form of...oh.  My.  God.  You don't think?  Y'know.  She...and him...are they like...recreating recreating?"  It wasn't unheard of - their own Captain and XO were married, after all.  "Scandaaaaaal," he said, laughing gleefully.

Zero tilted her head to one side as she watched the Admiral be swallowed up by the crowd, still heading in the direction of the holodecks. She shrugged one shoulder.

"I do not believe that to be the case," she replied. "From her medical files, Admiral Deacon is incapable of reproduction using normal methods and she has not reported to sickbay to enquire after any other means."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:14 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero tilted her head to one side as she watched the Admiral be swallowed up by the crowd, still heading in the direction of the holodecks.  She shrugged one shoulder.

"I do not believe that to be the case," she replied.  "From her medical files, Admiral Deacon is incapable of reproduction using normal methods and she has not reported to sickbay to enquire after any other means."

Glancing over to his...friend? Was that what they were? Did Zero Alpha have friends? Maybe? Gavin smirked. "Look at you, tempering a perfectly juicy piece of gossip with facts and the truth," he said, shaking his head and winking at the Augment. Something else she said caught his attention, though.

"Incap-" he started to say, but even with his drunken state, the sanctity of doctor-patient confidentiality, something drilled in their skulls since day one of med school, came through. Gavin held up his hand. "Nevermind, it's not my business. But...just because someone cannot have offspring...it doesn't mean they won't be...y'know. Engaging in physical pleasure. There's lots of other reasons...mainly, because it's fun!"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:21 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Glancing over to his...friend?  Was that what they were?  Did Zero Alpha have friends?  Maybe?  Gavin smirked.  "Look at you, tempering a perfectly juicy piece of gossip with facts and the truth," he said, shaking his head and winking at the Augment.  Something else she said caught his attention, though.

"Incap-" he started to say, but even with his drunken state, the sanctity of doctor-patient confidentiality, something drilled in their skulls since day one of med school, came through.  Gavin held up his hand.  "Nevermind, it's not my business.  But...just because someone cannot have offspring...it doesn't mean they won't be...y'know.  Engaging in physical pleasure.  There's lots of other reasons...mainly, because it's fun!"

Shrugging one shoulder, Zero turned her head back to watch the people passing underneath. "Perfoming acts of reproduction for physical pleasure, yes, I know of it even if I do not comprehend it. Jiseth often engaged me in such acts, though I did not understand why. There are many ways to engage in cardiovascular training and it does not make sense to me that one would use acts reserved for reproduction to do so."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:32 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Shrugging one shoulder, Zero turned her head back to watch the people passing underneath.  "Perfoming acts of reproduction for physical pleasure, yes, I know of it even if I do not comprehend it.  Jiseth often engaged me in such acts, though I did not understand why.  There are many ways to engage in cardiovascular training and it does not make sense to me that one would use acts reserved for reproduction to do so."

He was quite proud of the fact that he kept his eyes from bugging out in astonishment as the Augment so cooly and casually picked apart the reasons for getting in a physical relationship. "Zero..." Gavin said, leaning his shaggy head against the palm of his hand, all attention drawn away from the crowds below. He didn't know where to start. Really, where did you go after a comment like that? But...he'd sworn to help this girl better understand what it meant to be alive.

"Jiseth engaged you in sex? Didn't you ever want to be engaged in it? Reproduction is just one means to an end. There's also the joy of it, of being close to someone, baring your life and secrets to them, and trusting them...but," he said, shrugging. "There's also something to be said for just doing it for the enjoyment of the act. And if all your other partners are understanding of that, there doesn't have to be more attachment beyond the act itself."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

He was quite proud of the fact that he kept his eyes from bugging out in astonishment as the Augment so cooly and casually picked apart the reasons for getting in a physical relationship.  "Zero..." Gavin said, leaning his shaggy head against the palm of his hand, all attention drawn away from the crowds below.  He didn't know where to start.  Really, where did you go after a comment like that?  But...he'd sworn to help this girl better understand what it meant to be alive.

"Jiseth engaged you in sex?  Didn't you ever want to be engaged in it?  Reproduction is just one means to an end.  There's also the joy of it, of being close to someone, baring your life and secrets to them, and trusting them...but," he said, shrugging.  "There's also something to be said for just doing it for the enjoyment of the act.  And if all your other partners are understanding of that, there doesn't have to be more attachment beyond the act itself."

Zero raised her eyebrows at Gavin, blinking a little in confusion.  Apparently, they had reached some form of impasse in their understanding.  "Doctor Kincaede believed that a strong mating urge was essential, but I also possess the mental capability of suppressing it when necessary.  Jiseth had an... unfortunate talent in bypassing that suppression.  She was the one to teach me about physical relationships and how they fitted in to a relationship."  She rolled her eyes as she continued.  "Many of the males at the Academy attempted to... begin my education in such matters."  She shrugged one shoulder again.  "I have always been instructed that sexual relationships are for the propagation of a species and nothing more. As I am forbidden to propagate my species, I found little point in seeking such relations."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero raised her eyebrows at Gavin, blinking a little in confusion.  Apparently, they had reached some form of impasse in their understanding.  "Doctor Kincaede believed that a strong mating urge was essential, but I also possess the mental capability of suppressing it when necessary.  Jiseth had an... unfortunate talent in bypassing that suppression.  She was the one to teach me about physical relationships and how they fitted in to a relationship."  She rolled her eyes as she continued.  "Many of the males at the Academy attempted to... begin my education in such matters."  She shrugged one shoulder again.  "I have always been instructed that sexual relationships are for the propagation of a species and nothing more.  As I am forbidden to propagate my species, I found little point in seeking such relations."

All Gavin could think to do was just blink a few times...and that's exactly what he did. It was amazing how Zero could get things right on the most technical of levels, and still...miss the bloody point in its entirety, he thought, tapping his temple in concentration.

"Uh. Right...mating is natural, it's how we...er, most of us...get here. But a physical relationship isn't just for propagation. Even if you're forbidden, there's still contraceptive injections. Heck, people used even cruder ones for centuries." Gavin was quiet for a moment, leaning on the rail and giving Zero a considering look. "They're all instincts, though, aren't they? To want to love, to want to give and receive pleasure with someone...and to have children."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 am

Zero looked at Gavin with a slightly bored expression. "I was designed to have the same instincts and desires as any human, even if I do nit always comprehend how they work nor how to administer them in the appropriate doses. In fact, my urge to mate is quite strong since I reached physical maturity. What I fail to understand is the use of sexual relationships for anything other than procreation. It is not logical."

Deciding that it was,probably time for a chabge of subject away from one apparently fraught with strange customs, she scanned the people milling below.

"Look, there is Commander Arthur!"

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:29 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero looked at Gavin with a slightly bored expression.  "I was designed to have the same instincts and desires as any human, even if I do nit always comprehend how they work nor how to administer them in the appropriate doses.  In fact, my urge to mate is quite strong since I reached physical maturity.  What I fail to understand is the use of sexual relationships for anything other than procreation.  It is not logical."

Deciding that it was,probably time for a chabge of subject away from one apparently fraught with strange customs, she scanned the people milling below.

"Look, there is Commander Arthur!"

Opening his mouth, Gavin closed it again, trying not to feel like a frog. He'd been about to go into another explanation of why procreation wasn't needed for physical fulfillment, but the argument seemed to be increasingly circular in nature. It was just something that was going to have to come with time, as far as she was concerned.

He glanced over to where the Augment had indicated, smiling a little at the sight of their XO. "Yep, that it is," he nodded. "That means the little ones must be with their sitter. Or maybe with his sister? I think she's stationed here." Gavin continued to idly kick his heels, leaning forward on the railing, his chin resting on top of his hands. "I can't help but wonder...what it must be like, being married to a starship captain, having to care for a crew and a ship, as well as your family." Glancing over at Zero, Gavin poked his tongue a little. "That's why I'm not even thinking about marriage until I'm at least middle-aged and balding."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Opening his mouth, Gavin closed it again, trying not to feel like a frog.  He'd been about to go into another explanation of why procreation wasn't needed for physical fulfillment, but the argument seemed to be increasingly circular in nature.  It was just something that was going to have to come with time, as far as she was concerned.

He glanced over to where the Augment had indicated, smiling a little at the sight of their XO.  "Yep, that it is," he nodded.  "That means the little ones must be with their sitter.  Or maybe with his sister?  I think she's stationed here."  Gavin continued to idly kick his heels, leaning forward on the railing, his chin resting on top of his hands.  "I can't help but wonder...what it must be like, being married to a starship captain, having to care for a crew and a ship, as well as your family."  Glancing over at Zero, Gavin poked his tongue a little.  "That's why I'm not even thinking about marriage until I'm at least middle-aged and balding."

"Could you imagine being married to a half-Romulan starship commanding officer?" Zero countered. "My research has indicated that commanding officers are generally very driven individuals, often very proud and dedicated. When that nature is added to the already emotional mind frame of a Romulan, it must make for interesting living.

She tilted her head to one side as she watched the commander making his way along the promenade. "Jiseth once inquired if the prospect of marriage was one of interest to me, but I have rarely spoken to her in recent times."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:


"Could you imagine being married to a half-Romulan starship commanding officer?" Zero countered.  "My research has indicated that commanding officers are generally very driven individuals, often very proud and dedicated.  When that nature is added to the already emotional mind frame of a Romulan, it must make for interesting living.

She tilted her head to one side as she watched the commander making his way along the promenade.  "Jiseth once inquired if the prospect of marriage was one of interest to me, but I have rarely spoken to her in recent times."

Chuckling, Gavin leaned back a little, still hanging on to the railing. He tilted his head back, looking at the lights as they seemed to spin, laughing happily. "Whee! Oh," he frowned, as the force of his motion caught up with his brain. "That wasn't smart. What were we talking about? Oh! Commander Arthur. Yeah...God, can you imagine how hen-pecked he must be?"

He frowned slightly, cocking an eyebrow as Zero mentioned that Jiseth spoke of marriage. "Well?" he asked. "What did you say? Is it something you'd be interested in?"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Chuckling, Gavin leaned back a little, still hanging on to the railing.  He tilted his head back, looking at the lights as they seemed to spin, laughing happily.  "Whee!  Oh," he frowned, as the force of his motion caught up with his brain.  "That wasn't smart.  What were we talking about?  Oh!  Commander Arthur.  Yeah...God, can you imagine how hen-pecked he must be?"  

He frowned slightly, cocking an eyebrow as Zero mentioned that Jiseth spoke of marriage.  "Well?" he asked.  "What did you say?  Is it something you'd be interested in?"

"Extremely, I would imagine, since he is also the father to her two daughters, although one of them is by adoption," Zero said, folding her arms on the rail and looking down at the people. "I also know that he has... what is the expression? 'He has the patience of a holy man?' In any case, he appears to have the temperament to handle such people. He has generally been kind to me."

She paused, mulling over his question. It had come as something of a surprise to her, when Jiseth had asked if she was interested in marriage. "She had to explain the concept to me, and I told her that whether or not there were religious elements to it, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:09 am

Zero Alpha wrote:


"Extremely, I would imagine, since he is also the father to her two daughters, although one of them is by adoption," Zero said, folding her arms on the rail and looking down at the people.  "I also know that he has... what is the expression?  'He has the patience of a holy man?'  In any case, he appears to have the temperament to handle such people.  He has generally been kind to me."

She paused, mulling over his question.  It had come as something of a surprise to her, when Jiseth had asked if she was interested in marriage.  "She had to explain the concept to me, and I told her that whether or not there were religious elements to it, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her."

Smiling, Gavin took up the bottle, and drank a pull. The face he made said it all - the vodka burned, and something fierce. "Oof. I'll drink to that." He handed the drink back, still squinting from the burn. "It doesn't need to even have any religious elements to it. Weddings did, long ago, but...I mean, I guess some people still do. Bajorans, for instance. But human weddings often do not." He shrugged a shoulder. "I've not a clue about Romulan ones."

The last drink he'd taken seemed to be warming him from his toes to the ends of his hair follicles. "Whoo! I think...I think I'd better slow it down. Anyway...y'know, we've got time. Lots of it. We're young," he mused. She especially was young...in almost every sense. "'Sides. I've got to first make a long-term relationship work...before I can even think about stuff like that."

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:16 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Smiling, Gavin took up the bottle, and drank a pull.  The face he made said it all - the vodka burned, and something fierce.  "Oof.  I'll drink to that."  He handed the drink back, still squinting from the burn.  "It doesn't need to even have any religious elements to it.  Weddings did, long ago, but...I mean, I guess some people still do.  Bajorans, for instance.  But human weddings often do not."  He shrugged a shoulder.  "I've not a clue about Romulan ones."

The last drink he'd taken seemed to be warming him from his toes to the ends of his hair follicles.  "Whoo!  I think...I think I'd better slow it down.  Anyway...y'know, we've got time.  Lots of it.  We're young," he mused.  She especially was young...in almost every sense.  "'Sides.  I've got to first make a long-term relationship work...before I can even think about stuff like that."  

After Gavin had taken a drink from the bottle, Zero took it and followed suite. She was apparently more experienced in the way of drinking her way to the bottom of a bottle, but she didn't really care at that point.

"I wish that she would come back," she said miserably, looking down at the people below. "I do not wish to consider the prospect of living without her." Her speech was interrupted by a hiccup. "She pretended to kill herself once in order to throw a potential killer off of her trail. She did not warn me of this event." There was another hiccup. "I had never experienced such emotions before. I do not want to experience them ever again."

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

After Gavin had taken a drink from the bottle, Zero took it and followed suite.  She was apparently more experienced in the way of drinking her way to the bottom of a bottle, but she didn't really care at that point.

"I wish that she would come back," she said miserably, looking down at the people below.  "I do not wish to consider the prospect of living without her."  Her speech was interrupted by a hiccup.  "She pretended to kill herself once in order to throw a potential killer off of her trail.  She did not warn me of this event."  There was another hiccup.  "I had never experienced such emotions before.  I do not want to experience them ever again."

"Why did I tell him I was in love? How stupid was that?" Gavin asked nobody in particular. "Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut, and keep on having fun like we were both having...no, had to go and ruin it, had to make it more than it was..."

He suddenly glanced over to Zero, realizing that they were both talking at the same time, and commiserating about relationship woes. An uncontrollable fit of the giggles followed as he leaned heavily on the Augment's shoulder. "Oh, God. We're a pair and a half right now, eh?" Straightening, Gavin looked forward, puffing his chest out. "The very cream of Starfleet Medical's crop," he intoned, breathing out with another laugh.

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Why did I tell him I was in love?  How stupid was that?" Gavin asked nobody in particular.  "Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut, and keep on having fun like we were both having...no, had to go and ruin it, had to make it more than it was..."

He suddenly glanced over to Zero, realizing that they were both talking at the same time, and commiserating about relationship woes.  An uncontrollable fit of the giggles followed as he leaned heavily on the Augment's shoulder.  "Oh, God.  We're a pair and a half right now, eh?"  Straightening, Gavin looked forward, puffing his chest out.  "The very cream of Starfleet Medical's crop," he intoned, breathing out with another laugh.  

Zero wasn't as cheerful as Gavin, electing to take another gulp from the bottle instead. Maybe he could be lighthearted about Starfleet Medical, but she certainly couldn't be.

"Perhaps the cream of their crop, but also their shame," she muttered. By any means, she should have been Medical's pride, but her nature denied her even the most basic of rights.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero wasn't as cheerful as Gavin, electing to take another gulp from the bottle instead.  Maybe he could be lighthearted about Starfleet Medical, but she certainly couldn't be.

"Perhaps the cream of their crop, but also their shame," she muttered.  By any means, she should have been Medical's pride, but her nature denied her even the most basic of rights.

Pursing his lips in a small frown, Gavin glanced over at Zero. She's certainly a buzzkill at times. Even when she's tore-up drunk, he thought. "Nobody's ashamed of you," he said, quietly. "Leastways, nobody that matters a damn." Reaching over, he drew the Augment into another embrace, swaying a little bit.

"Let's...let's go do something," he sloppily suggested, sensing that Zero was going to settle into a 'mood'. The whole purpose of this was to make his new friend feel happy and good. Is that what she is? A friend? Well, maybe only when she was drunk, but...it was a start. "What do you wanna do? What do you like t'do?"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 886
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:59 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Pursing his lips in a small frown, Gavin glanced over at Zero.  She's certainly a buzzkill at times.  Even when she's tore-up drunk, he thought.  "Nobody's ashamed of you," he said, quietly.  "Leastways, nobody that matters a damn."  Reaching over, he drew the Augment into another embrace, swaying a little bit.

"Let's...let's go do something," he sloppily suggested, sensing that Zero was going to settle into a 'mood'.  The whole purpose of this was to make his new friend feel happy and good.  Is that what she is?  A friend?  Well, maybe only when she was drunk, but...it was a start.  "What do you wanna do?  What do you like t'do?"

Zero frowned at him, hiccuping again, but didn't contradict him. She was getting better at seeing when some lines of conversation were pointless and it looked as if that particular line was going to be one of them. Instead, she tilted her head to one side as he suggested going and doing something other than picking out people they knew in the crowd below them.

"I like dancing," she replied, not quite sure where he was going with that question.

_______________________________

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade


Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Posts : 434
Join date : 2014-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
[Zero frowned at him, hiccuping again, but didn't contradict him.  She was getting better at seeing when some lines of conversation were pointless and it looked as if that particular line was going to be one of them.  Instead, she tilted her head to one side as he suggested going and doing something other than picking out people they knew in the crowd below them.

"I like dancing," she replied, not quite sure where he was going with that question.

"I knooow you like to dance," Gavin said, smiling pleasantly, his cheeks ruddy. "You damn near fed me to your dog when I saw you dancing in the holodeck. You shouldn't be ashamed of it, by the by," he said, attempting to get to his feet. "You do it really well, and look beautiful."

Gavin scooted back on his rear, lying on his back, and rolling over to the side, finally able to turtle himself right, and climb to his knees. "Oh. Wow. Holy god, I'm drunk." He reached out to the doctor, giggling. "Let's go dancing!"

_______________________________

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Today at 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: