Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

"I lost my wife because of something like this. For your own good, sit down and shut up. I'm not letting you go through that, if I had my way no one would go through that. Now I tried to be nice, I tried to be neutral. Neither worked. Don't make me be creul." The Doctor commented still having no emotion to his voice. "It's the one thing they don't teach you in medical school; the people you want to save the most are the hardest for you to save."

His face had shown no emotion the entire time he was speaking. "Let me do my damn job. Don't say another word. Distraction is bad in surgery."

[Sickbay]

Zero physically put herself between Jiseth and Williams, trying to appear as threatening as possible. Since she still looked much like a teenager, all lanky, coltish limbs, it was somewhat difficult. She reached out to grab his wrist, intending to apply enough pressure to come just short of breaking the bones.

"Do not touch her," she growled before a peculiar sensation fell over her.

[Planetside]

It was definitely not an everyday occurrence, to find herself suddenly transported into a cavern, with her entire sickbay staff, still between Williams and Jiseth.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

Zero physically put herself between Jiseth and Williams, trying to appear as threatening as possible.  Since she still looked much like a teenager, all lanky, coltish limbs, it was somewhat difficult.   She reached out to grab his wrist, intending to apply enough pressure to come just short of breaking the bones.

"Do not touch her," she growled before a peculiar sensation fell over her.

[Planetside]

It was definitely not an everyday occurrence, to find herself suddenly transported into a cavern, with her entire sickbay staff, still between Williams and Jiseth.

He opened his mouth to speak as the group teleported to the ground. "Did we just...well this is odd." The Doctor quickly took off his lab coat and handed it to the woman. "Here, all the equipment you could need. I'm going to try and figure out where we are." Robert said with curiosity creeping into his voice.

=/\= Doctor Williams to the USS Pheonix. Medical staff and I seem to have been transported to a planet. =/\= The Doctor at this point had left the cavern and placed his head to the ground listening. "Interesting."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

=/\= Doctor Williams to the USS Pheonix. Medical staff and I seem to have been transported to a planet. =/\= The Doctor at this point had left the cavern and placed his head to the ground listening. "Interesting."

[Planetside]

With her acute Romulan hearing, Archangel had detected voices just around a bend in the cavern and allowed her curiosity to take over. Finding apparently the entirety of the sickbay staff around the corner was not what she had expected, especially since Jiseth was lying on the ground with Zero knelt protectively next to her.

"If by 'interesting', you mean 'far outside the realms of normality', then I agree with you, Ensign."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

With her acute Romulan hearing, Archangel had detected voices just around a bend in the cavern and allowed her curiosity to take over.  Finding apparently the entirety of the sickbay staff around the corner was not what she had expected, especially since Jiseth was lying on the ground with Zero knelt protectively next to her.

"If by 'interesting', you mean 'far outside the realms of normality', then I agree with you, Ensign."

[Planetside]

"Well. That's unfortunate." The Doctor added seeing the captain. "So my call to the Pheonix went no where? Joy." The Doctor pulled out a small devise and pressed a button on it. "Homing beacon. Should bounce off of an Avia Corp satellite in the area and tell me exactly where we are." The light on the device turned red. "Damn. Malfunctioning."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

"Well. That's unfortunate." The Doctor added seeing the captain. "So my call to the Pheonix went no where? Joy." The Doctor pulled out a small devise and pressed a button on it. "Homing beacon. Should bounce off of an Avia Corp satellite in the area and tell me exactly where we are." The light on the device turned red. "Damn. Malfunctioning."

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked at the unsual ensign and noted that he was wearing the teal uniform of the sciences and medical department and shrugged that off. She had always found sciences personnel to be somewhat bizarre in their mannerisms.

She shifted some weight off of her right leg, wishing that she had her cane with her to relieve the pain in her knee, and sighed heavily.

"Ensign, I can tell you that we're either on Daeus II or Daeus III, since they're the only two planets within transporter range. Daeus III is the only one of the two with transporter technology, so I should think that leaves us with a pretty good assumption of where we are." She gave a humourless smile and tapped her temple. "Always use your brain before relying on technology, Ensign."

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The transport left her disorientated.  She looked around, dropping into a defensive crouch.  It looked as if her entire crew was there with her, in some sort of cavern.

Wherever they were, it definitely wasn't the Phoenix.

[Planetside]

Leaning over in his seat, Gabriel had just been about to ask Archangel something when...

...the bridge disappeared.

He re-materialized with the rest of the staff on the planet, still in a seated position. Which caused him to promptly fall on his backside with a sharp grunt of pain. "Dammit," he muttered, as the stone rushed to meet his tailbone.

They were...in a cave. Alright, we're in a cave, he thought, standing up. His first thought was to find Arch, and thankfully, she was right there with them. "All stations, report!" he snapped. "What the hell was that? And where the hell are we?" And, more importantly, who had been transported with them?

Gabriel slapped his commbadge, a little too hard. It made an obedient chp sound. At least THOSE still worked.

=^="Arthur to all department heads - get me a physical count, as best and as fast as you can, of everyone in your department who was transported with us."=^=

It would take time, but hopefully most of those taken to...wherever they were...would have been working together in their respective departmental areas of the ship, and thus would be easier to round up. Theoretically, that is.

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked at the unsual ensign and noted that he was wearing the teal uniform of the sciences and medical department and shrugged that off.  She had always found sciences personnel to be somewhat bizarre in their mannerisms.

She shifted some weight off of her right leg, wishing that she had her cane with her to relieve the pain in her knee, and sighed heavily.

"Ensign, I can tell you that we're either on Daeus II or Daeus III, since they're the only two planets within transporter range.   Daeus III is the only one of the two with transporter technology, so I should think that leaves us with a pretty good assumption of where we are."  She gave a humourless smile and tapped her temple.  "Always use your brain before relying on technology, Ensign."

[Planetside]

The Doctor let out an airy laugh. "In my defense I didn't know where we were in the first place. Doctorates unfortunately don't make you all knowing." He smiled back. "Now we know where we are, the next question is..." The Doctor quickly returned to the ground knocking twice. "Fascinating." Robert commented jumping back to his feet.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

The Doctor let out an airy laugh. "In my defense I didn't know where we were in the first place. Doctorates unfortunately don't make you all knowing." He smiled back. "Now we know where we are, the next question is..." The Doctor quickly returned to the ground knocking twice. "Fascinating." Robert commented jumping back to his feet.

[Planetside]

Archangel continued to observe the ensign's unsusual bahaviour and decided to file him under 'stranger than normal' in her mind. There were quite a few people in that mental file.

"You could have asked if I knew where we were. Being the captain, I tend to have to know," she pointed out before running a hand over her hair. It was already starting to escape its tight braid. "Is Jiseth in any danger being down here?"

Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel continued to observe the ensign's unsusual bahaviour and decided to file him under 'stranger than normal' in her mind.  There were quite a few people in that mental file.

"You could have asked if I knew where we were.  Being the captain, I tend to have to know," she pointed out before running a hand over her hair.  It was already starting to escape its tight braid.  "Is Jiseth in any danger being down here?"

[Planetside]

The Doctor let out a second laugh. "True. Also, no. Well, she's in danger everywhere. But I think we are all just as safe here, as on the Pheonix." His head peaked back into the cavern. "Use my labcoat to keep her off of the ground. I have pleanty of them." He returned to the captain. "We should safe here...at least for now."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

The Doctor let out a second laugh. "True. Also, no. Well, she's in danger everywhere. But I think we are all just as safe here, as on the Pheonix." His head peaked back into the cavern. "Use my labcoat to keep her off of the ground. I have pleanty of them." He returned to the captain. "We should safe here...at least for now."

[Planetside]

Archangel sighed again, rubbing her brow ridges, then moved that hand to pinch the bridge of her nose. So much for the easy mission she had hoped for for her first time out as a fully-fledged captain.

"If I know Zero, she'll have Jiseth at least stabilised, if not in great condition," she replied. "I'm pretty sure that whoever beamed us down here wouldn't want us dead yet in case they couldn't get control of the ship. We'll be safe enough as long as we don't cause a fuss."

Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel sighed again, rubbing her brow ridges, then moved that hand to pinch the bridge of her nose.  So much for the easy mission she had hoped for for her first time out as a fully-fledged captain.  

"If I know Zero, she'll have Jiseth at least stabilised, if not in great condition," she replied.  "I'm pretty sure that whoever beamed us down here wouldn't want us dead yet in case they couldn't get control of the ship.  We'll be safe enough as long as we don't cause a fuss."

[Planetside]

"Do you have a distress beacon? No. That's be a silly thing to just carry around. Wait, do you? No you don't. You'd have already hit it. Wait, we could rig this device to beam a single person aboard the ship...I think." The Doctor pulled out the devise. "Well, I'm going to have to wait until I can get my tools back. Unless my other labcoats got beamed down with us." He let out a slight nervous laugh.

The Doctor knew what he was doing but unfortunately Zero currently had his tools.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

"Do you have a distress beacon? No. That's be a silly thing to just carry around. Wait, do you? No you don't. You'd have already hit it. Wait, we could rig this device to beam a single person aboard the ship...I think." The Doctor pulled out the devise. "Well, I'm going to have to wait until I can get my tools back. Unless my other labcoats got beamed down with us." He let out a slight nervous laugh.

The Doctor knew what he was doing but unfortunately Zero currently had his tools.

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked in disbelief at the ensign in front of her. She knew that sometimes the science personnel could get lost in theory and forget that they had to apply that theory to a real and unforgiving universe. She tilted her head to one side.

"As much as I hate to rain on your parade, Ensign, it seems that the entire crew is down here, making a distress beacon useless in any case. There are no other ships assigned to this sector, so we can't call for help. Beaming one person back to a ship most probably taken over by hostile forces?" The Romulan's expression became haunted and strained, as if afraid of something.

Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked in disbelief at the ensign in front of her.  She knew that sometimes the science personnel could get lost in theory and forget that they had to apply that theory to a real and unforgiving universe.  She tilted her head to one side.

"As much as I hate to rain on your parade, Ensign, it seems that the entire crew is down here, making a distress beacon useless in any case.  There are no other ships assigned to this sector, so we can't call for help.  Beaming one person back to a ship most probably taken over by hostile forces?"  The Romulan's expression became haunted and strained, as if afraid of something.

[Planetside]

"Glad you're here. I'd have sent some poor soul to death." The Doctor was clearly nervous talking to the captain as he let out a nervous laugh. "I'm so sorry, the answer usually just comes to me." He hoped the answer did actually come to him. After all, he was afraid to let down the crew.

He sighed. "Well, hope this one comes to me."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Restlessly, he got up from the secondary seat again, and moved toward the center consoles.  "Damn fine work, Chief," he quietly praised Black, with a quick touch on the shoulder.  Gabriel had instantly liked this man when they'd met, and he was glad to see it wasn't just because he'd been an enlisted man himself, for a time.

[Bridge]

"Team effort, Commander." Derek replied instantly, changing his station to a secondary helm position. Observing Arthur's inability to stay seated, he smiled slightly and quipped, "You know sir, you can have Engineering take a look at your chair if it's uncomfortable."

[Planetside]

Even as he belatedly recognized the familiar tingle of a transporter beam enveloping his body, Derek's mind wouldn't accept the fact until it was too late. As the console infront of him transformed into a blank rockface, the confused murmurs and exclamations behind him was the first hint that he wasn't alone. Turning to take in the scene of hundreds of people, with the same surprised and shocked expressions that he was sure graced his own face, Derek reckoned the entire crew was standing in that cavern.

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
They were...in a cave. Alright, we're in a cave, he thought, standing up. His first thought was to find Arch, and thankfully, she was right there with them. "All stations, report!" he snapped. "What the hell was that? And where the hell are we?" And, more importantly, who had been transported with them?

"Stations, sir?" Derek asked while instinctively doing a personal check of his resources at hand. Asides from a 'cricket' phaser he carried while on duty and his commbadge, he had nothing else but the uniform on his back. More concerningly, he could safely assume that the rest of the crew were in much of the same boat, if not with less.

"We're in a cave...that's about as much my 'console' tells me." Derek waved at the nearest rock wall. Tapping the bridge helmsman on the arm in passing, he directed the young crewman towards Lieutenant Sheerhan to report in.

It had been many years since Derek had felt the dirt below his feet intermixed with the uneasiness of simply not knowing. On a starship, they had sensors and computers and shields. On the ground, they had none of those resources. Instead, they were somewhere on a planet that they knew little about, while starved for supplies and topographically blind. All the while, someone unseen, with the ability to transport an entire starship's crew in one sweep through activated shields, was out there, somewhere. I don't like this.

"Commander, we need to canvass our equipment situation, and send out recce teams as soon as possible." Derek mentioned calmly, trusting that Arthur would notice the sense of urgency he conveyed behind his tone. "It might be prudent to consider relocation as well. Before someone decides to come and see what've caught in their cage."

Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 pm

[Planetside]

Without warning, the walls of sickbay disappeared, replaced by the cold, drab walls of a cave. His first thoughts weren't where are we?. They weren't on the ship, that much was obvious. No, his first thoughts were where is Chira? If the med staff had been beamed down without cause, it was certainly possible that others were as well, beamed down to some unfamiliar environment without any access to the tools counted on to keep people safe.

Henriks didn't even have a full medkit, just the tricorder that had been in his hand when the scenery suddenly changed. "Looks like we're going to have to finish your physical later, Williams," he remarked with a nervous laugh. Suddenly, the Romulan captain showed up from around a bend in the cavern. So there were others beamed down. He had to find Chira. He had to make sure she was ok. But there was a patient who needed to be cared for.

"What can I do to help?" Henriks asked Zero, concern in his eyes. Jiseth was badly injured, with very few medical tools in sight. There had been no time to grab any, no warning at all.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:31 am

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

"Glad you're here. I'd have sent some poor soul to death." The Doctor was clearly nervous talking to the captain as he let out a nervous laugh. "I'm so sorry, the answer usually just comes to me." He hoped the answer did actually come to him. After all, he was afraid to let down the crew.

He sighed. "Well, hope this one comes to me."

[Planetside]

The nervousness in the ensign's behaviour put Archangel on edge, but she did her best not to let on about it. Instead, her expression softened slightly.

"Ensign, there's no need for you to take on the load of trying to get the ship back. We have over 800 personnel here. We'll find a way."

Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:57 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

The nervousness in the ensign's behaviour put Archangel on edge, but she did her best not to let on about it.  Instead, her expression softened slightly.

"Ensign, there's no need for you to take on the load of trying to get the ship back.  We have over 800 personnel here.  We'll find a way."

[Planetside]

The Doctor slowly became more calmed. "Thanks for calming me down Captain. But I'll figure this one out. Just have a lot of thoughts going through my mind right now. It's hard to sort them sometimes." Robert let off a kind smile to the Captain, yet his eyes still had worry in them.

Suddenly he began pacing and rambling, seemingly to everyone and no one at the exact same time. "Theoretically I can achieve a mass jump of the crew...well most of them at least back to the ship simultaneously. But I would need...equipment I don't have for that so that's nearly out of the question. Unless-no. That's silly. An isolated quantum partical shift could work with a small-still don't have that equipment."

The Doctor stopped and observed the landscape for a moment remaining still. "I wonder what this planet's made of." The Doctor knelt down and picked up a small amount of dust smelling it. Moments passed and Robert brought a slight sample to his tounge tasting it. "Yep. That's stone. A metal-y stone. Which is no help what-so-ever. How unfortunate...unless...no. Bad idea. Probably the worst one I've had in a very long time."

Robert stood back up and spoke once more. "Does anyone have a comm badge?" The young man looked down at his own. "Oh. Right." His thoughts seemed to be slightly jumbled. "I need a medical tricoder."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:41 am

Derek Black wrote:
"Stations, sir?" Derek asked while instinctively doing a personal check of his resources at hand. Asides from a 'cricket' phaser he carried while on duty and his commbadge, he had nothing else but the uniform on his back. More concerningly, he could safely assume that the rest of the crew were in much of the same boat, if not with less.

"We're in a cave...that's about as much my 'console' tells me." Derek waved at the nearest rock wall. Tapping the bridge helmsman on the arm in passing, he directed the young crewman towards Lieutenant Sheerhan to report in.  

It had been many years since Derek had felt the dirt below his feet intermixed with the uneasiness of simply not knowing. On a starship, they had sensors and computers and shields. On the ground, they had none of those resources. Instead, they were somewhere on a planet that they knew little about, while starved for supplies and topographically blind. All the while, someone unseen, with the ability to transport an entire starship's crew in one sweep through activated shields, was out there, somewhere. I don't like this.

"Commander, we need to canvass our equipment situation, and send out recce teams as soon as possible." Derek mentioned calmly, trusting that Arthur would notice the sense of urgency he conveyed behind his tone. "It might be prudent to consider relocation as well. Before someone decides to come and see what've caught in their cage."

[Planetside - Cave]

Nodding, Gabriel turned away for a moment to listen to reports coming in from his departmental heads.  Almost everyone was accounted for, which made him wonder about the rest that were not.  He breathed a sigh of relief as he heard Chira's name mentioned, since she checked in for Counselling.  

"Mr. Black," he said, turning back to Derek, "you'll be assuming DH status with Flight for the moment.  Try and get me a head count and stand by...I'll be needing you momentarily."

With that, he found Arch, already in conversation with...an odd person.  That was the best way to describe the scene in front of him, with the man sniffing dirt and knocking on rocks.  Maybe the aliens forgot to transport his mind?  That's as may be, but he didn't have time to worry with it.

"Ensign, excuse us," he said, gently placing his hand on his wife's forearm.  "Reports indicate that whoever had something in their hands when we were transported kept it, so we have very few tricorders and engineering tools, and on-duty security personnel have phasers.  So...it ain't nothing, but it isn't much."  He glanced down, and back to the Romulan.  "No word on the girls."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:09 am

Robert Williams wrote:

[Planetside]

Robert stood back up and spoke once more. "Does anyone have a comm badge?" The young man looked down at his own. "Oh. Right." His thoughts seemed to be slightly jumbled. "I need a medical tricorder."

[Planetside]

800 personnel? Had he heard her right? Well, at least there was strength and safety in numbers. But that meant for sure that Chira was down here to, but where? "Williams," Henriks said softly, hoping to calm the man. His fellow blueshirt seemed to be as antsy as he felt. "Here, use mine if you want," he told Williams. It was the only thing he'd had in hand when they were beamed down.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Robert Williams wrote:
[Planetside]

The Doctor slowly became more calmed. "Thanks for calming me down Captain. But I'll figure this one out. Just have a lot of thoughts going through my mind right now. It's hard to sort them sometimes." Robert let off a kind smile to the Captain, yet his eyes still had worry in them.

Suddenly he began pacing and rambling, seemingly to everyone and no one at the exact same time. "Theoretically I can achieve a mass jump of the crew...well most of them at least back to the ship simultaneously. But I would need...equipment I don't have for that so that's nearly out of the question. Unless-no. That's silly. An isolated quantum partical shift could work with a small-still don't have that equipment."

The Doctor stopped and observed the landscape for a moment remaining still. "I wonder what this planet's made of." The Doctor knelt down and picked up a small amount of dust smelling it. Moments passed and Robert brought a slight sample to his tounge tasting it. "Yep. That's stone. A metal-y stone. Which is no help what-so-ever. How unfortunate...unless...no. Bad idea. Probably the worst one I've had in a very long time."

Robert stood back up and spoke once more. "Does anyone have a comm badge?" The young man looked down at his own. "Oh. Right." His thoughts seemed to be slightly jumbled. "I need a medical tricoder."

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked, then moved to sit on a nearby rock, rubbing her right knee. "Ensign, I was a pretty good engineer before I went red, and none of that made any sense to me what so ever. As much as I appreciate you trying to help, leave that to people who know how the ship's systems work, hm?"

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Ensign, excuse us," he said, gently placing his hand on his wife's forearm. "Reports indicate that whoever had something in their hands when we were transported kept it, so we have very few tricorders and engineering tools, and on-duty security personnel have phasers. So...it ain't nothing, but it isn't much." He glanced down, and back to the Romulan. "No word on the girls."

Looking up at the sound of a familiar voice, Archangel nodded to her husband, rubbing her brow ridges as she listened to his report.

The mention that there had been no word on the girls caused her to grit her teeth briefly. She couldn't let her maternal instincts override her captain's instincts. "If someone had seen them down here, we would have been told," she replied, running a hand over her hair again. "If the acoustics here are anything to go by, we're underground. Take a team, preferably armed, and see if you can find a way to the surface. There has to be one, or we'd be rapidly running out of oxygen."

Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside]

Archangel blinked, then moved to sit on a nearby rock, rubbing her right knee.  "Ensign, I was a pretty good engineer before I went red, and none of that made any sense to me what so ever.  As much as I appreciate you trying to help, leave that to people who know how the ship's systems work, hm?"

Looking up at the sound of a familiar voice, Archangel nodded to her husband, rubbing her brow ridges as she listened to his report.

The mention that there had been no word on the girls caused her to grit her teeth briefly.  She couldn't let her maternal instincts override her captain's instincts.  "If someone had seen them down here, we would have been told," she replied, running a hand over her hair again.  "If the acoustics here are anything to go by, we're underground.  Take a team, preferably armed, and see if you can find a way to the surface.  There has to be one, or we'd be rapidly running out of oxygen."

[Planetside]

"I'm not talking about ship systems. I'm talking about physics. And ALL of it made sense. It isn't my fault no one can follow my thought process...including me sometimes."

The Doctor moved to Henriks, grabbing the tricoder. "Wait. I don't need this." He handed it back. "If I can get an inventor-that would take far to long. I need equipment at the surface. I may be able to trigger a Mass Jump for the majority of the crew. But I would like to point out I need the exact location of the Pheonix."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The mention that there had been no word on the girls caused her to grit her teeth briefly.  She couldn't let her maternal instincts override her captain's instincts.  "If someone had seen them down here, we would have been told," she replied, running a hand over her hair again.  "If the acoustics here are anything to go by, we're underground.  Take a team, preferably armed, and see if you can find a way to the surface.  There has to be one, or we'd be rapidly running out of oxygen."

[Planetside - Cave]

"Agreed," Gabriel said, nodding.  He leaned a little closer, dropping his voice low.  "We'll find 'em.  Not everyone beamed down with us...they could still be on the ship.  Seika knows to keep low and quiet."  Gabriel gave his wife's forearm one more quick squeeze, smiling a small smile.  What he wanted to do was to hold her, kiss her hair, and tell her how it was going to be alright.  That wasn't a luxury affored to commanding officers, however.

Robert Williams wrote:
"I'm not talking about ship systems. I'm talking about physics. And ALL of it made sense. It isn't my fault no one can follow my thought process...including me sometimes."

The Doctor moved to Henriks, grabbing the tricoder. "Wait. I don't need this." He handed it back. "If I can get an inventor-that would take far to long. I need equipment at the surface. I may be able to trigger a Mass Jump for the majority of the crew. But I would like to point out I need the exact location of the Pheonix."

As he turned to go, Gabriel cocked an eyebrow at the strange doctor. "Ensign..." he said, in the time-honred tone of the long-suffering. "A...word of advice. This is a dangerous situation. We're stolen from our ship by unknown hostiles and stuffed in a cave. This is no time for making up random things about jumping us anywhere. Unless you've got a Q stuffed up your sleeve, I suggest you listen to your captain, before you become a permenant installation." He wouldn't normally have been that short with a kid, but...the fact that his children were unaccounted for had Gabriel decidedly on edge.

Gabe counted off four security officers, bringing them back closer to the area where he'd seen Black.  Finding the man, Gabe nodded quickly to him.  "I want you with me, Mr. Black.  We're going to find a way out of this cave and to the surface."  The NCO seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, and, from the way he spoke, had experience in this kind of thing.  "I'm ready if you're ready."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:03 pm

[USS Phoenix - Corridors]

Gavin leaned against the bulkhead, holding his breath as he listened for anyone or anything in the hall. There was nothing...which wasn't surprising, as it seemed like the whole ship was empty. He'd been working away in one of the small adjunct labs, filing info about the Beta Spores, when he'd stepped into the hall and...had seen nobody. That wasn't odd, in and of itself, since the lab he'd been in was quite lonely at times. But, as the scientist had walked around, he began to notice more and more how the ship just seemed...empty!

His first instinct had been to alert the bridge, see what was going on...but, fortuantely, his vaunted advanced intellect had kicked in. Obviously, if someone had abducted the crew (which was a fairly logical conclusion), then he would be wise to not alert them to his presence. And so he'd skulked from the halls, going from lab to lab, hoping to find someone...anyone...else on the boat.

To do what? What're you gonna do when you find them...form a commando squad? No. Well, not unless he found a commando squad. Sighing, Gavin opened another door, counting to five before he peeked his head in, searching for life.

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cave]

"Agreed," Gabriel said, nodding.  He leaned a little closer, dropping his voice low.  "We'll find 'em.  Not everyone beamed down with us...they could still be on the ship.  Seika knows to keep low and quiet."  Gabriel gave his wife's forearm one more quick squeeze, smiling a small smile.  What he wanted to do was to hold her, kiss her hair, and tell her how it was going to be alright.  That wasn't a luxury affored to commanding officers, however.

As he turned to go, Gabriel cocked an eyebrow at the strange doctor.  "Ensign..." he said, in the time-honred tone of the long-suffering.  "A...word of advice.  This is a dangerous situation.  We're stolen from our ship by unknown hostiles and stuffed in a cave.  This is no time for making up random things about jumping us anywhere.  Unless you've got a Q stuffed up your sleeve, I suggest you listen to your captain, before you become a permenant installation."  He wouldn't normally have been that short with a kid, but...the fact that his children were unaccounted for had Gabriel decidedly on edge.

Gabe counted off four security officers, bringing them back closer to the area where he'd seen Black.  Finding the man, Gabe nodded quickly to him.  "I want you with me, Mr. Black.  We're going to find a way out of this cave and to the surface."  The NCO seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, and, from the way he spoke, had experience in this kind of thing.  "I'm ready if you're ready."

[Planetside]

The Doctor shot the man a disappointed look. "Mass Jumps are not made up. Well, all science is made up technically. We would need to build a relay, a mass effect core, and something to bring you slightly out of phase. Think of it like a cannon. It fires mass...damn...we have no way to land..anywhere. Even if there was a second relay, I've never tested a Mass Jump. Especially out of phase. Another thing, don't threaten me. Especially for doing my damned job, I think out loud sometimes. In distracting situations such as this it helps me focus."

The Doctor moved away from the rest of the group putting his ear the the caver wall and knocked twice. He began speaking in a hushed tone to himself. "100-200 feet. Why can't I think straight? Suppression field? No, that would effect everyone." Robert moved back hitting the wall with the palm of his hand and put the top of his head against the wall. "Why? On an average day I'd have this and 200 other problems already solved. Yet now..." He was angry at himself by this point, nothing would calm him down but he need to calm down. The angrier he got the harder it became to focus.

Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:09 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cave]

As he turned to go, Gabriel cocked an eyebrow at the strange doctor.  "Ensign..." he said, in the time-honred tone of the long-suffering.  "A...word of advice.  This is a dangerous situation.  We're stolen from our ship by unknown hostiles and stuffed in a cave.  This is no time for making up random things about jumping us anywhere.  Unless you've got a Q stuffed up your sleeve, I suggest you listen to your captain, before you become a permenant installation."  He wouldn't normally have been that short with a kid, but...the fact that his children were unaccounted for had Gabriel decidedly on edge.

[Planetside - Cave]

"You're right," Archangel said. "We're going to need an account of everyone who isn't down here with us and see if we can contact them somehow, find out where they are and if they're in any postition to help us." She returned the squeeze to his forearm, smiling in what she hoped was a reassuring manner before letting him go. She knew that now was not the time for overt displays of affection. The crew needed to see a strong captain and a strong first officer. They needed to be able to believe in their command team.

Robert Williams wrote:
The Doctor shot the man a disappointed look. "Mass Jumps are not made up. Well, all science is made up technically. We would need to build a relay, a mass effect core, and something to bring you slightly out of phase. Think of it like a cannon. It fires mass...damn...we have no way to land..anywhere. Even if there was a second relay, I've never tested a Mass Jump. Especially out of phase. Another thing, don't threaten me. Especially for doing my damned job, I think out loud sometimes. In distracting situations such as this it helps me focus."

Archangel looked over at the Ensign, her upswept eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Ensign, between us, the Commander and I were the best engineering team in the Fourth Fleet before we were offered this command. Neither of us have ever heard of this 'mass jump' you're talking about, and that's saying something since I have access to a lot of classified files." She held up a hand to forestall any further argument on his part. "Right now, I'm telling you that the time I agree to let you use an unknown, untested method on my crew is the time that we have exhausted every single other option I can think of, do I make myself clear?"

Her expression then softened slightly. "A piece of advice, ensign. Thinking out loud is never a good idea unless you're alone, and definitely not in a crisis situation."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Today at 3:09 am

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: