Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm

T'Shar N'Vek wrote:
Gasping to fill her lungs T'Shar surveyed the cave carefully and then slowly began to stand again "are we prisoners?" She spoke out loud to no one in particular, "because if we are then you need to control him even the Dominion treat prisoners better than that" she stared at the trooper who had hit her and then back to the one in charge, before she quietly fell in alongside the Chief and the Commander.

"I am uninjured Commander thank you" she whispered before turning to face the Chief "too cramped for a firefight in here, but I suspect you know that" she then nodded in the direction of the guard who had hit her, " if we get chance that one is mine" the tone in her voice left no doubt that this was not a request.

[Planetside - Caverns]

Gabe cocked an eyebrow, grinning somewhat lopsidedly at the Romulan. "Nobody's going to start shooting if I can help it, ensign," he said...though he couldn't say he truly disagreed with the woman's sentiment. Spoken like a true Romulan, he thought, somewhat fondly.

Archangel wrote:
She crossed the small group in time to hear something about a firefight. Her eyebrows shot up in alarm.

"A firefight?" she asked. "What happened?"

Frowning apologetically, Gabriel nodded his head back in the direction they'd come. "Captain..." he drawled, "we ran into hostiles in the passage. Unsure if they're automaton or in armor..." Glancing back over his shoulder, Gabriel sighed as one of the thugs stood at the entrance of the passage, hand on their gun. "They want to keep us here, obviously."

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Frowning apologetically, Gabriel nodded his head back in the direction they'd come.  "Captain..." he drawled, "we ran into hostiles in the passage.  Unsure if they're automaton or in armor..."  Glancing back over his shoulder, Gabriel sighed as one of the thugs stood at the entrance of the passage, hand on their gun.  "They want to keep us here, obviously."

[Planetside - Cavern]

Archangel raised one eyebrow, then looked past Gabriel at the soldier that had just moved to block their passage out of the caverns. Her eyes narrowed dangerously. Her temper was starting to errode the strict controls she kept around them.

"Oh, they do, do they?" she growled.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

At Chira's nod, Henriks applied pressure to the lower part of the ensign's leg until the bone was properly aligned once again. Davis had made some noise when the bone was pushed back into place, but for the most part, he was as quiet and pale as a ghost. "You did well, Mr. Davis," Henriks told him when they were done, the leg wrapped with their tunics. "Now to get some color back into your cheeks."

Now the problem would be, how would they transport him? Chira and he could support him, like crutches. Thankfully the break and fractures were all on the same side, but it would still be slow going. Henriks could always carry Davis, but that would be slow as well and far more exhausting. And there was no equipment available, so the first option would probably work the best. When all were ready, the trio slowly shuffled along until they came back into sight of the others.

[Planetside - Cave]

Chira gave a little grunt as she helped Henriks bring Davis to his feet, performing an emergency transportation. Stuff like this...makes me glad I paid attention in wilderness first aid, she thought. "Easy does it, Mr. Davis. We're coming up on everyone else..."

She trailed off, as the trio joined the rest of the crew. It didn't take a trained psychologist to read the facial language and to know that something wasn't right. "I...think there's trouble, Apple," she muttered. "What else is new?"

Retired
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:48 am

It was time...

Andrew nodded to the person at the helm, "Remember to bring us out as close to the ship as possible. Set it on autopilot, because once we are in position...we will be beaming over immediately. Hopefully, this is all unnecessary, and the crew is fine, but if not...we need to be ready. The tricorder will keep us off of the PHOENIX's internal sensors, and scramble any transporter effect other than one from the shuttle. The shuttle's computer can beam us back if need be, but I urge us not to do that unless absolutely necessary. Too much use of energy can be picked up by anyone at Science, Tactical, or Ops. Do not use your communicators...hand signals and whispers only. Stay together...if we must split up...someone will always be with you. Remember, we don't know what the situation is over there," Andrew stated to them even as he made his way to the transporter pad.

Though he hated doing so...he drew his phaser sidearm, and crouched into a firing position. He was taking no chances. If nothing was wrong...then the crew would be startled. If there was, he would be ready...they all would.

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
It was time...

Andrew nodded to the person at the helm, "Remember to bring us out as close to the ship as possible.  Set it on autopilot, because once we are in position...we will be beaming over immediately.  Hopefully, this is all unnecessary, and the crew is fine, but if not...we need to be ready.  The tricorder will keep us off of the PHOENIX's internal sensors, and scramble any transporter effect other than one from the shuttle.  The shuttle's computer can beam us back if need be, but I urge us not to do that unless absolutely necessary.  Too much use of energy can be picked up by anyone at Science, Tactical, or Ops.  Do not use your communicators...hand signals and whispers only.  Stay together...if we must split up...someone will always be with you.  Remember, we don't know what the situation is over there," Andrew stated to them even as he made his way to the transporter pad.

Though he hated doing so...he drew his phaser sidearm, and crouched into a firing position.  He was taking no chances.  If nothing was wrong...then the crew would be startled.  If there was, he would be ready...they all would.

[Shuttlecraft Trinity]

Ilana tried to even out her breathing, to control her fear at venturing out into the unknown. She had no sidearm to draw. She hadn't brought one with her, nor did she ever carry one out of habit. Probably a rather stupid habit, now that she came to think of it.

Her medical tricorder had been programmed to emit a low-level scrambling pulse, enough to fool any sensors that her life signs weren't actually there, but that wasn't much of a reassurance that they were going to be safe over there. As Ensign Sheridan had said, they just didn't know what the situation was. All they had was 'we don't know this' and 'we don't know that'. Hardly good lines to hear before going in on an infiltration.

She swallowed hard, shifting closer to Raynor for reassurance while she waited for the final command that would take the little team from the shuttle and onto the Phoenix.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
It was time...

Andrew nodded to the person at the helm, "Remember to bring us out as close to the ship as possible.  Set it on autopilot, because once we are in position...we will be beaming over immediately.  Hopefully, this is all unnecessary, and the crew is fine, but if not...we need to be ready.  The tricorder will keep us off of the PHOENIX's internal sensors, and scramble any transporter effect other than one from the shuttle.  The shuttle's computer can beam us back if need be, but I urge us not to do that unless absolutely necessary.  Too much use of energy can be picked up by anyone at Science, Tactical, or Ops.  Do not use your communicators...hand signals and whispers only.  Stay together...if we must split up...someone will always be with you.  Remember, we don't know what the situation is over there," Andrew stated to them even as he made his way to the transporter pad.

Though he hated doing so...he drew his phaser sidearm, and crouched into a firing position.  He was taking no chances.  If nothing was wrong...then the crew would be startled.  If there was, he would be ready...they all would.

[Runabout - USS Trinity]

Jones worked out a few more commands, and turned in her seat.  "Autopilot engaged and ready to take command when we drop out of warp...which will be in approximately fifteen seconds."

Raynor nodded, standing up from his seat and moving closer to Sheridan and Ilana.  "Wise precautions.  Unless I miss my guess, we should be able to beam into the hydroponics bay.  It is damn near deserted in the best of times, let alone if there's a problem on the ship.  Not near as crowed as the bridge or sickbay...or the engine room.  And," he said, shrugging, "if there is a problem...well.  Not every botanist is a Klingon warrior."

Ilana wrote:
Ilana tried to even out her breathing, to control her fear at venturing out into the unknown. She had no sidearm to draw. She hadn't brought one with her, nor did she ever carry one out of habit. Probably a rather stupid habit, now that she came to think of it.

Her medical tricorder had been programmed to emit a low-level scrambling pulse, enough to fool any sensors that her life signs weren't actually there, but that wasn't much of a reassurance that they were going to be safe over there. As Ensign Sheridan had said, they just didn't know what the situation was. All they had was 'we don't know this' and 'we don't know that'. Hardly good lines to hear before going in on an infiltration.

She swallowed hard, shifting closer to Raynor for reassurance while she waited for the final command that would take the little team from the shuttle and onto the Phoenix.

Raynor gave Ilana a soft smile as she shifted closer to him.  He glanced down, noting that she carried only her tricorder.  Frowning, he pulled off his holster belt, fastening it around the Cardassian's waist.  "You will at least be armed in this situation, Lana," he said, in the tone he used when brokering no argument.  "As for myself..." the Klingon trailed off, sliding his long tajtiq a little out of its sheath, his grin evil and eager.  

"Dropping from warp," Jones said, hopping up from her seat.  Lenoid nodded his affirmation, joining the group as the automated systems took over, transferring them from the relative smallness of the runabout Trinity to the USS Phoenix.

Click the ID card for full bio!

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cave]

Chira gave a little grunt as she helped Henriks bring Davis to his feet, performing an emergency transportation.  Stuff like this...makes me glad I paid attention in wilderness first aid, she thought.  "Easy does it, Mr. Davis.  We're coming up on everyone else..."

She trailed off, as the trio joined the rest of the crew.  It didn't take a trained psychologist to read the facial language and to know that something wasn't right.  "I...think there's trouble, Apple," she muttered.  "What else is new?"

[Cave - Planetside]

Henriks shouldered as much of Davis' weight as they trundled along, his gaze along the ground to watch his step. At Chira's remark, he looked up, to see the outlines of several of their own people. But something was off, the atmosphere was all wrong. Even though he wasn't a counselor, he had picked up a few things working in sickbay, and everything about their crewmates' posture screamed an alert. "We may have to be ready to move quickly," he said quietly to Davis and Chira. And his muscles tensed.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:55 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Archangel raised one eyebrow, then looked past Gabriel at the soldier that had just moved to block their passage out of the caverns.  Her eyes narrowed dangerously.  Her temper was starting to errode the strict controls she kept around them.

"Oh, they do, do they?" she growled.

[Planetside - Cavern]

Giving a quick glance around, Gabriel did a quick count of the guards left. There were two of them stationed at the mouth of the cave chamber in which the Phoenix crew - or most of them, he assumed - were currently held. Not that many, but more than enough to hold an entryway. And who knew how many more were down the corridors? I wish that damn Klingon was here, he thought, turning back to his wife.

"They certainly do. I'm of a different mind, and I certainly would bet that you are, too." He flashed a quick smile for his wife, but his tone remained for his captain. "Two options immediately at hand. One, we distract them while those still armed make a rush for it. I can't imagine they'd let us stay armed for long. Two..." he looked up, over, and around. "We take readings and find the structurally weakest point, and try and blast our way out of this cave." Without burying ourselves alive. It wasn't a great plan, but...there weren't a lot of options.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 am

The transporter deposited them directly where Raynor had said it would...in the hydroponics bay. As he had predicted...it was empty. Still crouched low; Andrew scanned the bay with his eyes...straining to listen for anything out of place. Just because it appeared to be empty...didn't mean it actually was. The first thing he noted...to his alarm...was the lack of people on the ship. There were just over fifty aboard on ship that carried several hundred. Most of that fifty did not have the feel of Starfleet about them, but invaders. A soft growl escaped his lips. Whatever had happened here; the PHOENIX was taken and her crew mostly missing.

"The ship is in enemy hands," Andrew whispered his findings, and then realized no one had known about his psi talents. "Um, a bit telepathic here," he told them modestly, keeping his mind sharpened to the immediate connecting hall to the hydroponics bay. "Whoever they are, they managed to get rid of the majority of the crew. I'd say we are up against fifty...not good odds on our own, but I doubt we will face all fifty all at once. I suggest we find out what became of our people by finding the few I can feel aboard, and I further suggest any of these foes we take out...we do so quietly. We might just find some information on them while we are at it," Andrew stated as he straighten up...phaser pointed toward the door cautiously.

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor gave Ilana a soft smile as she shifted closer to him.  He glanced down, noting that she carried only her tricorder.  Frowning, he pulled off his holster belt, fastening it around the Cardassian's waist.  "You will at least be armed in this situation, Lana," he said, in the tone he used when brokering no argument.  "As for myself..." the Klingon trailed off, sliding his long tajtiq a little out of its sheath, his grin evil and eager.  

The holster belt was wrapped three times around her thin waist so that it didn't slip down and felt alien to the medical officer. Ilana looked up at him, frowning slightly, but she knew better than to protest at that point. There wasn't time for them to get into an argument in any case, even if she could speak. So, she simply nodded, taking the disruptor out of its holster for a moment, making sure she knew where the safeties and settings were on it.

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
The transporter deposited them directly where Raynor had said it would...in the hydroponics bay. As he had predicted...it was empty. Still crouched low; Andrew scanned the bay with his eyes...straining to listen for anything out of place. Just because it appeared to be empty...didn't mean it actually was. The first thing he noted...to his alarm...was the lack of people on the ship. There were just over fifty aboard on ship that carried several hundred. Most of that fifty did not have the feel of Starfleet about them, but invaders. A soft growl escaped his lips. Whatever had happened here; the PHOENIX was taken and her crew mostly missing.

"The ship is in enemy hands," Andrew whispered his findings, and then realized no one had known about his psi talents. "Um, a bit telepathic here," he told them modestly, keeping his mind sharpened to the immediate connecting hall to the hydroponics bay. "Whoever they are, they managed to get rid of the majority of the crew. I'd say we are up against fifty...not good odds on our own, but I doubt we will face all fifty all at once. I suggest we find out what became of our people by finding the few I can feel aboard, and I further suggest any of these foes we take out...we do so quietly. We might just find some information on them while we are at it," Andrew stated as he straighten up...phaser pointed toward the door cautiously.

Crouching in the darkness of the hydroponics bays, Ilana realised just how unprepared she was for this. She wasn't an undercover infiltrator. She wasn't even a soldier.

But she knew wrong when she saw it, and the silence on this ship was definitely putting her scales on edge. She lifted up her medical tricorder, setting it to scan the surrounding area, hoping that she might be able to pick up any kind of life sign if there were any to be found.

Seeing Ensign Sheridan pointing his phaser toward the door out of the bay, she crept over, using the tricorder to scan the corridor beyond the door. She looked back toward the small group and beckoned to them.

Archangel T'Koris | Ilana Telak | Rachel Deacon | Zero Alpha | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
The transporter deposited them directly where Raynor had said it would...in the hydroponics bay.  As he had predicted...it was empty.  Still crouched low; Andrew scanned the bay with his eyes...straining to listen for anything out of place.  Just because it appeared to be empty...didn't mean it actually was.  The first thing he noted...to his alarm...was the lack of people on the ship.  There were just over fifty aboard on ship that carried several hundred.  Most of that fifty did not have the feel of Starfleet about them, but invaders.  A soft growl escaped his lips.  Whatever had happened here; the PHOENIX was taken and her crew mostly missing.

"The ship is in enemy hands," Andrew whispered his findings, and then realized no one had known about his psi talents.  "Um, a bit telepathic here," he told them modestly, keeping his mind sharpened to the immediate connecting hall to the hydroponics bay.  "Whoever they are, they managed to get rid of the majority of the crew.  I'd say we are up against fifty...not good odds on our own, but I doubt we will face all fifty all at once.  I suggest we find out what became of our people by finding the few I can feel aboard, and I further suggest any of these foes we take out...we do so quietly.  We might just find some information on them while we are at it," Andrew stated as he straighten up...phaser pointed toward the door cautiously.

[USS Phoenix - 'Ponics Bay]

As soon as the little invasion party beamed aboard the ship, Raynor put his senses into 'warrior' mode, listening and trying to see things beyond what the eyes alone could pick up.  The long rows of various plants were quiet, with the bay's only light coming from several growth lamps.  That was good - it meant that nobody else was here.  Either that, or they liked to work in the dark.

Raynor cocked an eyebrow at Sheridan's assurance that the ship was taken over, and even higher at the Ops officer's explanation as to just how he knew it.  Klingons had little and less use for telepathy and other such things, though there had been psi ops experiments within the KDF for years.  It had come to naught, though - the Klingon brain was just not made for that Vulcan garbage.  

"Well...alright," he murmured, "if you can find them...by all means."  He was, honestly, a little skeptical still of this telepathy, and hoped the man wasn't just unhinged.

Ilana wrote:
Crouching in the darkness of the hydroponics bays, Ilana realised just how unprepared she was for this. She wasn't an undercover infiltrator. She wasn't even a soldier.

But she knew wrong when she saw it, and the silence on this ship was definitely putting her scales on edge. She lifted up her medical tricorder, setting it to scan the surrounding area, hoping that she might be able to pick up any kind of life sign if there were any to be found.

Seeing Ensign Sheridan pointing his phaser toward the door out of the bay, she crept over, using the tricorder to scan the corridor beyond the door. She looked back toward the small group and beckoned to them.

The Klingon smiled a bit as he saw Ilana draw the phaser from his holster.  He knew that she knew jack and all about weaponry, but at least she would have learned how to point and shoot at the Academy.  He drew his own blade, reveling in the weighty heft of its perfect balance in his hand.  Perhaps it would drink, perhaps not.  That would be up to the invaders who had violated this ship.  He nodded at Ilana, indicating that she should stay behind him.  If worse came, at least he would make a larger target for anyone shooting at her.

"Alright, then," he said, his voice calm and quiet.  "Let's find someone, Mr. Sheridan."

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Giving a quick glance around, Gabriel did a quick count of the guards left.  There were two of them stationed at the mouth of the cave chamber in which the Phoenix crew - or most of them, he assumed - were currently held.  Not that many, but more than enough to hold an entryway.  And who knew how many more were down the corridors?  I wish that damn Klingon was here, he thought, turning back to his wife.

"They certainly do.  I'm of a different mind, and I certainly would bet that you are, too."  He flashed a quick smile for his wife, but his tone remained for his captain.  "Two options immediately at hand.  One, we distract them while those still armed make a rush for it.  I can't imagine they'd let us stay armed for long.  Two..." he looked up, over, and around.  "We take readings and find the structurally weakest point, and try and blast our way out of this cave."  Without burying ourselves alive.  It wasn't a great plan, but...there weren't a lot of options.

[Planetside - Cavern]

"I don't like the sound of that second option," Archangel replied, shaking her head. There were already reports of a cave in and she didn't want to give the walls any further excuse to fall down on them. She reached down and picked up a rock about the size of her fist, tossing it lightly from her hand a couple of times as she straightened up again.

"You round up the crew. I'll distract them."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Gavin gave Seika a soft little smile, patting her on her small shoulder.  "That's okay...I don't think I like 'em much, either.  I don't think Mr. Thelos does, either!"  Well, at least the baby was relatively safe...though, Gavin wasn't quite sure how 'safe' a holographic sitter was.  

He stood back up again, tapping his lip as he gave the Andorian a considering look.  "Okay...well.  We've gone from an abduction situation to a hostile takeover.  If you and I are here, and the kids...there's probably more of us....computer!" Gavin said, snapping his fingers.  "How many life forms are present on this ship?"

The computer beeped in acknowledgement of the request, coming back with an answer after a few seconds.

There are sixty-eight persons present on USS Phoenix NCC six five zero two five.  Full categorization of plant life will follow on request.

"Ah...that's okay, thanks."  He frowned, stepping closer to Thelos.  "Well, our crew complement has dropped drastically.  I'd wager that most of those still present surely aren't ours."

The Andorian's antenna bent thoughtfully to the side. If he were human, his face would probably show an expression of serious concern or fear... but as it stood it was blank. His emotive let-ons were all in the antenna. A good thing too... I don't want Seika to read my face and get scared.

"I'd hanker a guess that you're right," he said lightly. "Unfortunately, neither of us are security officers... And somehow I don't think a doctor and even a brilliant scientist should try their hand against a shipload of... whatever's out there."

Well, unless they knocked them out with some neurozine gas... but they'd have to get a better assessment of the situation first.

Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

"I don't like the sound of that second option," Archangel replied, shaking her head.  There were already reports of a cave in and she didn't want to give the walls any further excuse to fall down on them.  She reached down and picked up a rock about the size of her fist, tossing it lightly from her hand a couple of times as she straightened up again.

"You round up the crew.  I'll distract them."

[Planetside - Cavern]

Listening silently as the XO and Captain discussed options, Derek frowned, turning so he faced away from the two guards. Speaking softly, he mentioned his concerns. "Commander, I'm not so sure about this plan. We don't know what their weapon or armor capabilities are, nor do we know how many of them there are. The crew size is too large to move quickly or stealthily, not that it matters as we still have no idea where we are or how to escape. If we start a confrontation now, they may just decided to destroy the cavern and everyone inside it, for their own protection. We need more information."

Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I don't like the sound of that second option," Archangel replied, shaking her head.  There were already reports of a cave in and she didn't want to give the walls any further excuse to fall down on them.  She reached down and picked up a rock about the size of her fist, tossing it lightly from her hand a couple of times as she straightened up again.

"You round up the crew.  I'll distract them."

[Planetside - Cavern]

Frowning sharply, Gabriel stared hard at his wife as she picked up...a rock, of all things?  He was frustrated at this, too, but...

"Negative, captain," he said, shaking his head.  "Your leg...you can't run at full speed, and you know it.  You won't be a distraction.  You'll be a target."  Gabe quirked an eyebrow.  "I don't suppose I also need to quote regulation about the CO not putting herself directly in harm's way?  No...I'll distract them.  You round up the crew.  With all due respect," he added.

Derek Black wrote:
Listening silently as the XO and Captain discussed options, Derek frowned, turning so he faced away from the two guards. Speaking softly, he mentioned his concerns. "Commander, I'm not so sure about this plan. We don't know what their weapon or armor capabilities are, nor do we know how many of them there are. The crew size is too large to move quickly or stealthily, not that it matters as we still have no idea where we are or how to escape. If we start a confrontation now, they may just decided to destroy the cavern and everyone inside it, for their own protection. We need more information."

Gabe sighed, nodding.  "I have to agree.  Black and I didn't get near enough ahead to get a good look at damn near anything, let alone how many of these people are down here with us."  He held out his hand, ticking off points.  "We don't know why we're here.  We don't know who they are.  We don't know the status of the ship...and we don't know who is in charge of them."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe sighed, nodding.  "I have to agree.  Black and I didn't get near enough ahead to get a good look at damn near anything, let alone how many of these people are down here with us."  He held out his hand, ticking off points.  "We don't know why we're here.  We don't know who they are.  We don't know the status of the ship...and we don't know who is in charge of them."

[Planetside - Cavern]

"It seems like all we have are questions, and no answers forthcoming. I would suggest we attempt to open a concourse for conversation, perhaps negotiations. The crew is without food, water, medical supplies, or even latrines. If we request these basic necessities from our captors, we may be able to glean what their intentions are towards us, or at least how long they're planning on keeping us alive." Derek added, watching the crew over Arthur's shoulder. They were getting noticeably antsy, some inching closer as the news of their guards' appearance spread.

Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:48 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planetside - Cavern]

Frowning sharply, Gabriel stared hard at his wife as she picked up...a rock, of all things?  He was frustrated at this, too, but...

"Negative, captain," he said, shaking his head.  "Your leg...you can't run at full speed, and you know it.  You won't be a distraction.  You'll be a target."  Gabe quirked an eyebrow.  "I don't suppose I also need to quote regulation about the CO not putting herself directly in harm's way?  No...I'll distract them.  You round up the crew.  With all due respect," he added.

[Planetside - Cavern]

Archangel's eyes narrowed dangerously at her husband as he reversed her plan. "No, Commander. I need someone who can run to take the crew with them and you know that I can take care of myself."

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Derek Black wrote:
"It seems like all we have are questions, and no answers forthcoming. I would suggest we attempt to open a concourse for conversation, perhaps negotiations. The crew is without food, water, medical supplies, or even latrines. If we request these basic necessities from our captors, we may be able to glean what their intentions are towards us, or at least how long they're planning on keeping us alive." Derek added, watching the crew over Arthur's shoulder. They were getting noticeably antsy, some inching closer as the news of their guards' appearance spread.

Archangel's quiet fury calmed as Gabriel and Black came out with some good points about how little intelligence they had about what was happening. She ran a hand over her hair, taking a deep breath.

"Ok, so we need answers. Any suggestions, gentlemen?"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's eyes narrowed dangerously at her husband as he reversed her plan.  "No, Commander.  I need someone who can run to take the crew with them and you know that I can take care of myself."

[Planet - Cave]

He knew that look in her eyes, and had seen it before...and had been on the receiving end of it a few times.  However, Gabriel knew that he was right in this situation.  It just so happened that regulation and her duty as a CO coincided exactly with what he wanted.  That was just icing.  He met the dangerous look with one just as defiant.

Derek Black wrote:

Gabe was thankful for Black's interjection, since it momentarily diffused the little standoff that was building.  "That's exactly right.  Someone needs to talk to them.  Considering the technology used to bring us from our damn ship to a cave...captain, if these people wanted us dead, we would be.  I have no doubt about that."

Archangel wrote:
Archangel's quiet fury calmed as Gabriel and Black came out with some good points about how little intelligence they had about what was happening.  She ran a hand over her hair, taking a deep breath.

"Ok, so we need answers.  Any suggestions, gentlemen?"

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied.  "The crew need their captain with them.  I can talk to our captors, see what can be determined."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:59 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

The Andorian's antenna bent thoughtfully to the side. If he were human, his face would probably show an expression of serious concern or fear... but as it stood it was blank. His emotive let-ons were all in the antenna. A good thing too... I don't want Seika to read my face and get scared.

"I'd hanker a guess that you're right," he said lightly. "Unfortunately, neither of us are security officers... And somehow I don't think a doctor and even a brilliant scientist should try their hand against a shipload of... whatever's out there."

Well, unless they knocked them out with some neurozine gas... but they'd have to get a better assessment of the situation first.

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"Oh?" Gavin asked, flashing a playful smile at Thelos. "You think I'm brilliant? You're no slouch yourself, y'know." As much as he'd prefer to just sit around sickbay and flirt with the Andorian, Gavin knew that the situation was serious. And they had children to protect.

Sighing, Gavin tapped his lower lip in thought, running scenarios through in his head. He wasn't sure if Thelos was just being nice or not, but...yes, he was of highly above-average intelligence. Now it was time to hopefully put that to use. "Alright, Thelos...we have us. And we have a ship. And...it's full of hostiles. Or, we have to assume they're hostiles. Anyway. Can we incapacitate them? Or...or...what if we got to the holodeck and activated the holographic emergency security protocol?" A legion of computer-generated guards would go a long way in tipping things in their favor.

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Planet - Cave]

He knew that look in her eyes, and had seen it before...and had been on the receiving end of it a few times.  However, Gabriel knew that he was right in this situation.  It just so happened that regulation and her duty as a CO coincided exactly with what he wanted.  That was just icing.  He met the dangerous look with one just as defiant.

Gabe was thankful for Black's interjection, since it momentarily diffused the little standoff that was building.  "That's exactly right.  Someone needs to talk to them.  Considering the technology used to bring us from our damn ship to a cave...captain, if these people wanted us dead, we would be.  I have no doubt about that."

"Yes ma'am," Gabriel replied.  "The crew need their captain with them.  I can talk to our captors, see what can be determined."

[Planetside - Cavern]

"Commander, while it may be against regulations for me to put myself in danger, it is also in the regs that I have to conduct any negociations personally," Archangel pointed out.  Her expression then softened slightly.  "I promise not to put myself in harms way.  I'll even take a security detatchment if necessary.  We can delay plotting for a few minutes while I try to gather some information."

Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"Oh?" Gavin asked, flashing a playful smile at Thelos.  "You think I'm brilliant?  You're no slouch yourself, y'know."  As much as he'd prefer to just sit around sickbay and flirt with the Andorian, Gavin knew that the situation was serious.  And they had children to protect.  

Sighing, Gavin tapped his lower lip in thought, running scenarios through in his head.  He wasn't sure if Thelos was just being nice or not, but...yes, he was of highly above-average intelligence.  Now it was time to hopefully put that to use.  "Alright, Thelos...we have us.  And we have a ship.  And...it's full of hostiles.  Or, we have to assume they're hostiles.  Anyway.  Can we incapacitate them?  Or...or...what if we got to the holodeck and activated the holographic emergency security protocol?"  A legion of computer-generated guards would go a long way in tipping things in their favor.

As much as Thelos would have liked to fire back with some similarly flirtatious quip, he knew just as much as Gavin did that this was no time for more than a second or two of that... and since they'd already expended that it was time to focus. He weighed the options given... and carefully considered the potential consequences.

"Ordinarily I'd agree- go activate the security protocol... but we don't know where these intruders are, and getting apprehended before we can even do anything isn't good for anything, either, especially if we have Seika with us," he reasoned aloud. Alright, so he was more than a little scared, especially after the Chin'Toka incident, and that was affecting his decision a bit... but it was easy for him to brush that off as a healthy fear of being caught.

"If we can incapacitate the intruders, do you think we could re-take the ship, assuming it's out of the crew's control at the moment?"

Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm

USS PHOENIX

Andrew nodded to the hulking Klingon, and took point...following his psi lock on the small group of people in Sick Bay. It was not a bad place to start, but certainly not the best either. Which actually made it perfect since while it would be a key point on the starship...it was not one of the most necessary ones for strategically keeping the ship. Thus, there was every likelihood that Sick Bay would be easiest to investigate. Besides, he could sense the presence of an Andorran...one that had a Starfleet feel to him, and that was promising to Andrew.

Deck 25 was thirteen decks above where they needed to go, but the hall leading to the nearest turbo lift was empty. Andrew led the team swiftly and quietly to the lift, and once in inside...accessed the control panel. From there, he began to use the PADD they carried to directly access the controls, and then scramble it so that the operation wasn't noted on the boards from tactical, ops, or engineering. It took only a little over two minutes, but once done...he was able to order the lift to Deck 12 without being the ship's internal sensors picking them up.

"We should be clear all the way to Sick Bay now. With this lift now on scramble...it will only obey us. To everyone else, it will appear offline due to maintenance," Andrew explained to his companions as the lift carried the small team upward.

Once the lift doors opened; Andrew crouched again...half hidden behind the corner of the lift with phaser pointed towards the hallway. Sick Bay was just down the hall about mid way....

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
USS PHOENIX

Andrew nodded to the hulking Klingon, and took point...following his psi lock on the small group of people in Sick Bay.  It was not a bad place to start, but certainly not the best either.  Which actually made it perfect since while it would be a key point on the starship...it was not one of the most necessary ones for strategically keeping the ship.  Thus, there was every likelihood that Sick Bay would be easiest to investigate.  Besides, he could sense the presence of an Andorran...one that had a Starfleet feel to him, and that was promising to Andrew.

Deck 25 was thirteen decks above where they needed to go, but the hall leading to the nearest turbo lift was empty.  Andrew led the team swiftly and quietly to the lift, and once in inside...accessed the control panel.  From there, he began to use the PADD they carried to directly access the controls, and then scramble it so that the operation wasn't noted on the boards from tactical, ops, or engineering.  It took only a little over two minutes, but once done...he was able to order the lift to Deck 12 without being the ship's internal sensors picking them up.

"We should be clear all the way to Sick Bay now.  With this lift now on scramble...it will only obey us.  To everyone else, it will appear offline due to maintenance," Andrew explained to his companions as the lift carried the small team upward.

Once the lift doors opened; Andrew crouched again...half hidden behind the corner of the lift with phaser pointed towards the hallway.  Sick Bay was just down the hall about mid way....

[USS Phoenix - Corridors]

The turbolift ride seemed interminable, but it finally came to and end when the small infiltration group reached their deck. Raynor watched as Sheridan pulled whatever mechanical wizardry that he was doing, nodding along. The man had a good head, and was a careful thinker. If this operation wasn't as quick as Raynor was hoping, they'd need some tracks covered.

Moving along with the stealth of a ridgecat, Raynor's predator senses alerted him to the presence of someone before he actually saw them. The man's mouth had time to open in surprise, along with his eyes, before his hand darted to a communication device. In a scant fraction of a heartbeat, Raynor's tajtiq was in his hand, ready to be sent across the distance with deadly accuracy.

Retired[/i]
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:37 pm

USS PHOENIX: Deck 12

Andrew could never have reacted as fast as the Klingon had. He was still young...inexperienced in the ways of instantaneous reaction in combat. Raynor, however, was not. If anything, the Klingon was skilled and deadly, but then...such things were expected of a Klingon warrior. A blink later and the weapon was imbedded perfectly dead center in the enemy's chest. The man staggered back in further surprise, and crumbled to the deck without actually reaching for the communication device.

Andrew exited the lift to scan the side hall, but there was no one there. Swiftly, he bent over the body of their slain foe. The man appeared to be wearing white coveralls of some sort, and seemed humaniod...on some level at least. The weapon in his holster was a nasty modified version of the Romulan disruptor. Andrew inspected it for a moment after taking it out, and then handed it over to Raynor.

"See what you make of that. Jones, cover the hall. Leonid, cover the lift just in case. I'm going on to Sick Bay. Ensign Telak, you may be needed in there," Andrew stated, and then made his way swiftly to the door for where he was sensing the individuals behind it. Even though there was a Starfleet feel on the other side; Andrew kept his phaser ready. Only after Ilana was ready did Andrew come in...crouched and ready to fire if need be. "Everyone okay in here?" he asked of the two Starfleet personnel he saw.

For The Future...
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

As much as Thelos would have liked to fire back with some similarly flirtatious quip, he knew just as much as Gavin did that this was no time for more than a second or two of that... and since they'd already expended that it was time to focus. He weighed the options given... and carefully considered the potential consequences.

"Ordinarily I'd agree- go activate the security protocol... but we don't know where these intruders are, and getting apprehended before we can even do anything isn't good for anything, either, especially if we have Seika with us," he reasoned aloud. Alright, so he was more than a little scared, especially after the Chin'Toka incident, and that was affecting his decision a bit... but it was easy for him to brush that off as a healthy fear of being caught.

"If we can incapacitate the intruders, do you think we could re-take the ship, assuming it's out of the crew's control at the moment?"

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

"That's...actually a much better idea, yeah," Gavin nodded.  "We can neutralize the intruders...hopefully.  What if we just gassed 'em?  Neurozine!  A large dosage of that, if we could disseminate it throughout the ship.  We'd have to get to a point at which we could spread it."  He frowned, picking up a tricorder, idly slapping it against his palm.  "What if we moved through the Jeffries tubes, instead of the corridors?"

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Even though there was a Starfleet feel on the other side; Andrew kept his phaser ready. Only after Ilana was ready did Andrew come in...crouched and ready to fire if need be. "Everyone okay in here?" he asked of the two Starfleet personnel he saw.

Gavin's heart leaped into his throat as Sickbay's doors suddenly opened, his 'fight or flight' instincts kicking into high gear.  "Aaah!  Grab Seika," he said, placing himself physically between Thelos and the child, the tricorder in his hand pitched at the new intruder like a baseball.

Click the beautiful brain for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Today at 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: