Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"I think even the possibility of being psychoanalyzed tends to unnerve the majority of people," Thelos said, his tone a natural, easy teasing one that he'd developed when talking to humans for so long. He was sure that his friends back in the Imperial Guard would laugh at him for how carelessly he spoke around 'pinkskins' nowadays.

The question, he was sure, was asked due to his unfortunately recently decorated medical file. He was going to have to make sure he got across that he was well and fine- starfleet medical had made sure of that, aside from his antenna, which as of yet had refused to grow back.

"I'm feeling fine, really. Maybe a bit tired after Athena. Excited, I guess, for the upcoming missions and such," the doctor replied. "...Don't worry, I know how it is to get patients to tell you anything but the bare minimum as a doctor. You'll get no resistance from me."

[Airponics]

Chira gave one of her little smiles, one that was a cross between 'demure' and 'playful'. "We're speaking the same language, then," she chuckled. It seemed like Thelos was, indeed, getting along fairly well. Then again, he could just be telling her what he knew she wanted to hear. As a fellow medical practitioner, he would know what to say.

"Alright," she said, pausing to admire another lily-like flower. It was a vibrant purple, with long petals that made it look like a little weeping willow. Chira immediately thought of the flowers that she'd want for her upcoming wedding...would flowers like these be available? Something to consider. "Well, Thelos...I'm not going to try counselor-speak on you. But...I mean it - if you need to talk, you know where to find me."

Click the ID for full bio!

Retired
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:42 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Airponics]

Chira gave one of her little smiles, one that was a cross between 'demure' and 'playful'.  "We're speaking the same language, then," she chuckled.  It seemed like Thelos was, indeed, getting along fairly well.  Then again, he could just be telling her what he knew she wanted to hear.  As a fellow medical practitioner, he would know what to say.  

"Alright," she said, pausing to admire another lily-like flower.  It was a vibrant purple, with long petals that made it look like a little weeping willow.  Chira immediately thought of the flowers that she'd want for her upcoming wedding...would flowers like these be available?  Something to consider.  "Well, Thelos...I'm not going to try counselor-speak on you.  But...I mean it - if you need to talk, you know where to find me."

"Be careful, or I'll take you up on that," Thelos chided playfully. Of all things, Thelos prided himself on being level with people about things. If he felt like he needed more counseling- And given the nature of crazy that tends to follow me everywhere... then he'd take the opportunity.

His gaze followed Chira's to the purple flower to his left. It was, like most plants, something he'd never seen before. "That's a lovely-looking flower, there," he commented. "I might put some kind of plant in my quarters..." he added, more to himself than to the counselor.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"Be careful, or I'll take you up on that," Thelos chided playfully. Of all things, Thelos prided himself on being level with people about things. If he felt like he needed more counseling- And given the nature of crazy that tends to follow me everywhere... then he'd take the opportunity.

His gaze followed Chira's to the purple flower to his left. It was, like most plants, something he'd never seen before. "That's a lovely-looking flower, there," he commented. "I might put some kind of plant in my quarters..." he added, more to himself than to the counselor.

[Airponics Bay]

Chira paused along with the doctor, noting that he, too, was admiring the plant.  "My door's always open, so, yes...take me up on it if you wish."  She wasn't quite sure what the flower was, but it didn't appear to be too dangerous.  If it was, she figured they'd have put up a barrier or something.

"Have you considered spider-plants?  They're great for beginners.  I think they're nearly impossible to kill."  She remembered one that her grandmother owned...and still had, to this day.  It had survived three Arthur children knocking it over at various intervals.

Retired
Back to top Go down
NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:16 pm

NPC
Lt. JG Mykel Carollos

NPC wrote:
[Security and Tactical console on the Bridge]

The console bleeped, signalling an incoming message.

Please, is there anyone out there?  This is President Marcus Williams of Daeus III!  We're under attack!  We need help!

[Bridge]

Mykel's curly blonde head snapped to attention as a priority signal blared through the secondary tactical console.  His light blue eyes widened as he confirmed the source of the message.  Dear Gods, was this for real?  Yes, it was.  A real emergency beacon call for help.  And it happened on my shift! the young Centauran thought.  This was the kind of thing security officers lived for.

"Captain T'Koris!" he interjected, a bit too loudly.  "Uh," he said, moderating his tone a bit.  "Incoming distress signal!  I'll put it to the main frequency."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:29 pm

NPC wrote:

[Bridge]

Mykel's curly blonde head snapped to attention as a priority signal blared through the secondary tactical console.  His light blue eyes widened as he confirmed the source of the message.  Dear Gods, was this for real?  Yes, it was.  A real emergency beacon call for help.  And it happened on my shift! the young Centauran thought.  This was the kind of thing security officers lived for.

"Captain T'Koris!" he interjected, a bit too loudly.  "Uh," he said, moderating his tone a bit.  "Incoming distress signal!  I'll put it to the main frequency."

[Bridge]

Being right next to the security console, Archangel winced slightly at the over-enthusiastic call, but then straightened up in the command chair, looking toward the young officer, a few concerned lines forming between her brow ridges.

"Play it through, Lieutenant," she said, her ears metaphorically pricked.

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
|  Now she's stronger than you know, a heart of steel starts to grow  |
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Being right next to the security console, Archangel winced slightly at the over-enthusiastic call, but then straightened up in the command chair, looking toward the young officer, a few concerned lines forming between her brow ridges.

"Play it through, Lieutenant," she said, her ears metaphorically pricked.

[Bridge]

Despite the possible severity of the situation, Gabriel had to smile a little at the young officer's exuberance.  As a fellow Centauran, Gabe felt a bit of affinity with Carollos.  The kid even reminded him a little of himself, back then.  Not that long ago, all things considered, he thought, settling into the First Officer's chair, next to his wife, listening to the message.

All vessels:  hear this!  Please, is anyone out there?  This is President Marcus Williams of Daeus III!  We're under attack!  We need help!  Can anyone help us?  We've done nothing to deserve this!  Pl--

The message broke up into static, repeating on its loop.  There was a visual file attached, but it, too, was pixellated static.  "Can you clean it up, any?" Gabe asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"Negative, sir," Carollos answered, shaking his head.  "The signal integrity is too far degraded, it's audio-only."

Gabriel nodded.  "It would appear," he said, turning to Archangel, "that someone's in a great deal of trouble."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Despite the possible severity of the situation, Gabriel had to smile a little at the young officer's exuberance.  As a fellow Centauran, Gabe felt a bit of affinity with Carollos.  The kid even reminded him a little of himself, back then.  Not that long ago, all things considered, he thought, settling into the First Officer's chair, next to his wife, listening to the message.

All vessels:  hear this!  Please, is anyone out there?  This is President Marcus Williams of Daeus III!  We're under attack!  We need help!  Can anyone help us?  We've done nothing to deserve this!  Pl--

The message broke up into static, repeating on its loop.  There was a visual file attached, but it, too, was pixellated static.  "Can you clean it up, any?" Gabe asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"Negative, sir," Carollos answered, shaking his head.  "The signal integrity is too far degraded, it's audio-only."

Gabriel nodded.  "It would appear," he said, turning to Archangel, "that someone's in a great deal of trouble."

[Bridge]

Listening to the message caused those few worried lines between Archangel's brow ridges to deepen. It certainly sounded like whoever had sent the call was in serious trouble.

She turned to look at Gabriel. "We're the only ship out this far, I checked the charts this morning." She took a deep breath, looking toward the helm station. "Helm, set a course for Daeus III, warp 8. Lieutenant, try to get a message back to inform them that we're on our way."

Rachel Deacon | Archangel T'Koris | Zero Alpha | Ilana Telak | Mira | Persephone M'Rai
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Listening to the message caused those few worried lines between Archangel's brow ridges to deepen. It certainly sounded like whoever had sent the call was in serious trouble.

She turned to look at Gabriel. "We're the only ship out this far, I checked the charts this morning." She took a deep breath, looking toward the helm station. "Helm, set a course for Daeus III, warp 8. Lieutenant, try to get a message back to inform them that we're on our way."

Jon sat a Tactical II. He could feel the blood pumping a little harder in his veins, rushing to his brain threatening to make him blackout. The first real rescue mission. His mind went blank. He didn't know what he was suppose to do. Years of training were gone. Panic started to boil till he was about to scream. Than the second was over, and the training kicked in. He checked his console and looked up at the Captain.

"We're out of sensor range, we should have something in two minutes.

Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

He walked the biobed and took a seat. "No rush. I've got the time." As he waited for Henriks to get to him.

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Sickbay]

"You're pretty much right on the money," Gavin said, nodding.  "At least, if it happens again...we'll be in a better position to do something about it."  He shrugged, laughing a little.  "One more 'unknown' is turned into a 'known'.  I guess that's one of the things we're here for."

Gavin looked up as someone else entered Sickbay - apparently another doctor.  He was mildly annoyed at being interrupted, but...there wasn't a whole lot more he needed to talk with Abols about.  "Ah.  Right...I'll just pop back to the lab.  Seeya, Henriks."  Gavin nodded to the new member of the medical staff, turning to go.

[Sickbay]

The new arrival promptly seated himself onto a biobed while Henriks finished up his conversation with Gavin. When the scientist left, Henriks was almost a little sad to see him go. They had just gotten to the interesting stuff, the nuances of why the spores worked the way they did. Well, he thought to himself, they could always continue later, assuming nothing interfered. He had come to find that something came up whenever he tried to work on a side project, so his hopes weren't up.

With a quick mental shrug, Henriks turned back to the patient, or rather his fellow blueshirt. "How are you today, Mr. Williams?" Henriks asked, reaching for the proper tools. He had skimmed over the man's medical file, but only so far as to pin a name to a face.

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Jonathan Hart wrote:

Jon sat a Tactical II.  He could feel the blood pumping a little harder in his veins, rushing to his brain threatening to make him blackout.   The first real rescue mission.  His mind went blank. He didn't know what he was suppose to do.  Years of training were gone. Panic started to boil till he was about to scream.  Than the second was over, and the training kicked in.  He checked his console and looked up at the Captain.

"We're out of sensor range, we should have something in two minutes.

[Bridge]

Archangel turned around to look at the young officer sitting at Tactical, giving him an encouraging smile. "Thank you, Mr Hart, advise me as soon as the sensors pick anything up on Daeus III. We don't want to get caught out." Getting to her feet, she raised her voice to address the bridge in general.

"Raise shield, go to yellow alert!"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel turned around to look at the young officer sitting at Tactical, giving him an encouraging smile.  "Thank you, Mr Hart, advise me as soon as the sensors pick anything up on Daeus III.  We don't want to get caught out."  Getting to her feet, she raised her voice to address the bridge in general.

"Raise shield, go to yellow alert!"

[Bridge]

Glancing around, Gabriel watched as the Bridge monitors flashed the fact that the Phoenix had moved into Yellow Alert.  Though he was far from a wet-eared pup when it came to space...he still couldn't help the rush of adrenaline that bubbled steadily in his heart.  He'd been in emergency situations, combat, boarding, torture...but this was the first time under their watch.  On their ship.

Every bit of his being wanted to give Archangel a reassuring smile, to pat her on the hand, and tell her that it would be fine.  If he did that, though...she'd probably stuff him in a photon torpedo case and fire him to hell.  Husband and wife had to wait until they were in their quarters.  Out here...it was only captain, and commander.

"Let's hope all those gremlins got chased down," he said, giving a quick smile toward Castor, at the Engineering station.  "Mr. Sonak.  What do we know about the Daeus System?  People.  Cultures.  Tech level...the good stuff."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

The new arrival promptly seated himself onto a biobed while Henriks finished up his conversation with Gavin. When the scientist left, Henriks was almost a little sad to see him go. They had just gotten to the interesting stuff, the nuances of why the spores worked the way they did. Well, he thought to himself, they could always continue later, assuming nothing interfered. He had come to find that something came up whenever he tried to work on a side project, so his hopes weren't up.

With a quick mental shrug, Henriks turned back to the patient, or rather his fellow blueshirt. "How are you today, Mr. Williams?" Henriks asked, reaching for the proper tools. He had skimmed over the man's medical file, but only so far as to pin a name to a face.

[Sickbay]

"Well, Mr. Ābols. I've heard stories about you. From my sisters ex-fiancé. I'm happy to finally meet you, if you're half the Doctor I hear you are I am in good hands." The Doctor smiled.

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Glancing around, Gabriel watched as the Bridge monitors flashed the fact that the Phoenix had moved into Yellow Alert.  Though he was far from a wet-eared pup when it came to space...he still couldn't help the rush of adrenaline that bubbled steadily in his heart.  He'd been in emergency situations, combat, boarding, torture...but this was the first time under their watch.  On their ship.

Every bit of his being wanted to give Archangel a reassuring smile, to pat her on the hand, and tell her that it would be fine.  If he did that, though...she'd probably stuff him in a photon torpedo case and fire him to hell.  Husband and wife had to wait until they were in their quarters.  Out here...it was only captain, and commander.

"Let's hope all those gremlins got chased down," he said, giving a quick smile toward Castor, at the Engineering station.  "Mr. Sonak.  What do we know about the Daeus System?  People.  Cultures.  Tech level...the good stuff."

NPC
Ensign Sonak

Turning away from his science station, the Vulcan addressed the two command officers in the calm, measured tone that his species were known for.

"Commander, the Daeus system is a binary star system with four planets capable of supporting life, two of which are M class. We know that both of these planets are inhabited, with approximately 50 years of developmental difference. First contact was made with the advanced planet 5 years ago by the USS Lakota. Reports indicate that they did not wish to affiliate themselves with any power before they had gathered more intelligence on their own. They were aware of the other inhabited planet and had been observing it for some time."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:44 pm

[Romulan Shuttle Pictae Hweillh]

"Temelhaeu! Voyyer ihhsiu draeganelh!"

Every so often Jiseth hated safety protocols. She knew the ship was going faster than what was safe. She set it to do so at Warp 9.8. The cloaking device had been deactivated though it would not have mattered, the ship would have been detectable at this speed regardless. At least in this fashion the power could be diverted from the shroud to boost hull integrity and inertial dampeners. The chaotic turbulence was now a slightly less disconcerting rumbling and shaking.

The glint of a Nebula-class ship was finally on her sensors. It was moving, however, cruising at Warp 8. Certainly the shuttle could catch up, but perhaps not until after its pilot had bled out. Green blood, in case anyone was curious as to what color a Romulan's was, adorned her dark grey and torn uniform. Her face too from long and short cuts. She had been shot three times as well. Every breath brought a reminder of how much pain she was in, but every breath was like a shovel in sand as she dug deep for every last bit of strength to maintain consciousness.

=/\= Jiseth to... Phoe-Phoenix! T'Koris! ...Med-... Medical... Emer... gen... =/\=

The Romulan suddenly found herself slumping back into her seat. One hand clutched the most grievous wound on her left midsection, where a disruptor had struck. The other reached out to the control panel as the glimmering silhouette of the Starfleet vessel slowly grew in her view port. "Zero..."

The whine of the engines and vibrating metal around her deadened and all she could hear was her own breathing. Soon after there was just a ringing in Jiseth's ear. It was suddenly unbearably hot as she tried to gulp every bit of air. Though her eyes were wide open, she could barely see the ship she was approaching. It grew dark around her. Her thoughts shifted to her fears, to anything that would keep her awake. The wrath of an Augment doctor.

A smirk tugged at the side of her lips. For once she wanted the young woman to yell at her. Smack her awake. Anything. Just to see her again. She was so close. To Zero as much as she was to death. Amber lights filled the cockpit along with klaxons that went unnoticed to deaf ears. Jiseth's last thought was a declaration of love before her head fell against her shoulder and her arm limply dangled off the chair.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm

[Bridge]

When the Phoenix had gone to yellow alert, protocol called for a spare helmsman standing by on the bridge, and Derek had managed to draw the short straw. Inconspicuously stepping onto the bridge and noting that both the Captain and XO were busily consulting with a Vulcan science officer, he took the remaining spare universal console at the rear. To his annoyance, whomever used the station last had left it set up as Ops, neglecting to clean up after himself and logging out.

Entering his name and password to unlock the interactive screen, Derek was a hairsbreadth away from closing the terminal when a notification light flashed on and the display automatically lit up with sensor readings.

Jiseth wrote:

=/\= Jiseth to... Phoe-Phoenix! T'Koris! ...Med-... Medical... Emer... gen... =/\=

Several pieces of contradicting information jumped out at Derek, including the Romulan shuttle's IFF, the name of the pilot calling for help, and the fact that Pictae Hweillh's overheated engines were on the cusp of exploding. "Conn!" Black snapped out, interrupting whatever conversations had been ongoing. "Contact report, emergency message from shuttle approaching at high warp. I'm reading sporadic lifesigns and a warp core breach in progress. Pilot has identified herself as Jiseth. At current speed, she will overshoot our position in ten seconds."

Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:57 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Airponics Bay]

Chira paused along with the doctor, noting that he, too, was admiring the plant.  "My door's always open, so, yes...take me up on it if you wish."  She wasn't quite sure what the flower was, but it didn't appear to be too dangerous.  If it was, she figured they'd have put up a barrier or something.

"Have you considered spider-plants?  They're great for beginners.  I think they're nearly impossible to kill."  She remembered one that her grandmother owned...and still had, to this day.  It had survived three Arthur children knocking it over at various intervals.

"Spider... Spider-plants?" Thelos looked positively intrigued. He'd certainly never heard of them. He knew what an earth spider was, of course... but how did one translate that to a piece of vegetation? The cultural gaps were often extremely amusing, he noted.

"I'll have to give it some thought," he said cordially. "So long as I can't accidentally kill it by looking at it funny, I think I'll be good... but I'll leave the delicate flowers to the experts."

Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:22 am

Jiseth wrote:

Derek Black wrote:
"Conn!" Black snapped out, interrupting whatever conversations had been ongoing. "Contact report, emergency message from shuttle approaching at high warp. I'm reading sporadic lifesigns and a warp core breach in progress. Pilot has identified herself as Jiseth. At current speed, she will overshoot our position in ten seconds."

[Bridge]

Well, apparently the all hell was about to break loose on the bridge, her first taste of a crisis situation as Captain of the vessel. Archangel's mind laid out several pieces of information for her in rapid succession. It was a Romulan shuttle, carrying her wayward Chief Flight Officer, and it was in danger of blowing up.

"Can someone get a transporter lock on Jiseth and get her out of there?" she barked out, turning to look at the officers at Ops and tactical. "I know we'll have to drop shields to get her out of there, so you guys had better be fast at getting them back up again before it blows!"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:30 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Well, apparently the all hell was about to break loose on the bridge, her first taste of a crisis situation as Captain of the vessel.  Archangel's mind laid out several pieces of information for her in rapid succession.  It was a Romulan shuttle, carrying her wayward Chief Flight Officer, and it was in danger of blowing up.

"Can someone get a transporter lock on Jiseth and get her out of there?" she barked out, turning to look at the officers at Ops and tactical.  "I know we'll have to drop shields to get her out of there, so you guys had better be fast at getting them back up again before it blows!"

[Bridge]

Jiseth? No way! Gabriel thought. His joy at hearing the name, though, was tempered by the fact that she was in direct mortal peril. Whatever she'd come through to get to them...it certainly wasn't going to be a boring story. Nothing ever was, around her.

Arch had taken care of Tac and Ops, so Gabriel quietly keyed his own commlink to Medical.

=^="Bridge to Sickbay - medical emergency, standby for incoming casualty, unknown injuries, Romulan. Bridge out."=^=

Jiseth certainly knew how to make a dramatic entrance. He hoped that it wouldn't be her last one.

Retired
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:31 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"Spider... Spider-plants?" Thelos looked positively intrigued. He'd certainly never heard of them. He knew what an earth spider was, of course... but how did one translate that to a piece of vegetation? The cultural gaps were often extremely amusing, he noted.

"I'll have to give it some thought," he said cordially. "So long as I can't accidentally kill it by looking at it funny, I think I'll be good... but I'll leave the delicate flowers to the experts."

[Airponics Bay]

Chira frowned a little, realizing that she should have known that the language barrier on colloquial names was often quite high. "Er...they're not actually spiders, and thank the Great Bird for that," she said, suppressing a little shiver. "They just have long, spindly fronds that look like a spider's legs, ergo..." she added, shrugging. "I think it'll survive more than a few funny looks."

She was about to suggest the pair go get a cup of something when her commbadge chirped. She hit it twice to acknowledge the page, her expression turning more serious. "That's a medical alert. I guess we'd better haul it to Sickbay, doc."

Retired
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

=^="Bridge to Sickbay - medical emergency, standby for incoming casualty, unknown injuries, Romulan.  Bridge out."=^=

[Sickbay]

A Romulan casualty? Here? If it was incoming and unknown, then it was unlikely to be the captain. The bridge would have specified that. Was it too much to hope...?

Zero snapped out of that train of thought. She moved over to the main surgical biobed, starting to gather the instruments and hypos she thought she was likely to need.

"I will require assistance from anyone trained in first response!" she barked out.

"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Robert Williams wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Well, Mr. Ābols. I've heard stories about you. From my sisters ex-fiancé. I'm happy to finally meet you, if you're half the Doctor I hear you are I am in good hands." The Doctor smiled.

[Sickbay]

Henriks had no idea who he was talking about, so he simply raised a brow with a quiet 'oh?' "Good to meet you as well," Henriks replied, starting to run the physical. He fell quiet, watching as the data began to come in. "So far so good," Henriks murmured quietly as he continued.

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

=^="Bridge to Sickbay - medical emergency, standby for incoming casualty, unknown injuries, Romulan. Bridge out."=^=

Both brows popped up in surprise. A romulan? But who? Could it be Jiseth? So many questions. Henriks really wished people would be more specific when calling in a medical emergency. The more data they had before they patient actually arrived, the more they could do and more quickly get going. But still, 'Romulan' was quite a lot to go off of.

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero snapped out of that train of thought. She moved over to the main surgical biobed, starting to gather the instruments and hypos she thought she was likely to need.

"I will require assistance from anyone trained in first response!" she barked out.

"Aye, ma'am," Henriks rattled off, trying not to sound snippy. No doubt the same questions were running through Zero's head. She had barked for a reason. Henriks turned back to Williams. "Well, friend, things are going to get crazy in here real soon. We might need to finish your physical later."

"Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist."
-Dumbledore
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:21 pm

As the craft became dwarfed by the Phoenix, it buffeted wildly in its wake. Sparks fired off around the cabin. The view ports began to crack. The pale green light from the warp nacelles flickered into chaos.

"Mos'hwi hteij!"

Automated systems had come a long way in a few centuries. Smart enough to get a crippled pilot out and steer away from the other ship. Smarter still to know when during the flight to let the humanoid at the controls. What tiny intelligence there was knew its time had come. The task completed. With the grace of an eagle taking flight, it pitched up and away. Soaring for a few glorious seconds as a violet aurora streamed from its burning wings before the shuttle exploded.

[Sickbay]

Jiseth appeared on the main biobed, bathed in a pale green light. When it faded away and she remained, there was a surreal stillness. Limp. Unconscious. Her heart was barely contracting and the space between each beat grew longer. The blood from her abdominal wound had pooled and there was barely any force pushing it from the body. Even Romulans had their limits.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Jiseth wrote:

[Sickbay]

Jiseth appeared on the main biobed, bathed in a pale green light. When it faded away and she remained, there was a surreal stillness. Limp. Unconscious. Her heart was barely contracting and the space between each beat grew longer. The blood from her abdominal wound had pooled and there was barely any force pushing it from the body. Even Romulans had their limits.

[Sickbay]

As soon as the transporter beam coalesced into a solid form on the biobed, Zero knew that she had to act quickly if she wanted to keep this patient alive. No matter how much it pained her to see Jiseth in such a state, she had to put it to one side. The clamshell of the biobed closed, beeping as it signaled that it was ready.

"I need a hypo of Cordrazine!" she barked out to whoever was standing around, keying in a compression field for the wound to her girlfriend's abdomen.

"Please, Jiseth, if you are able to hear me, please hold on!"

"While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:57 pm

[Sickbay]

Jiseth was surrounded in darkness, sleep without dreams. Being dead would be incredibly boring. Incredibly lonely. Worse yet, incredibly in lack of being incredible. Everyone died. Everything too. Well, most things, though no one else has lived long enough to verify the claims of Q.

The air was colder. Sterile. There was always that certain scent in medical wards. Something else was there though. Something familiar. Though her eyes had remained open, she could see nothing. A candle was lit in her mind. The smallest of lights. Steadily it grew. That damn ringing was back, but this time with what sounded to be muffled voices. A sudden sharp draw of breathe and weak exhale. She knew where she was now, but it had not sunk in why or what was about to occur.

Her eyelids drew closed and her body stiffened. A tear formed and made its way down her cheek. As pain from every part of her body rushed in and she found herself unable to scream, she began to remember how each injury had been sustained and simply wished to return home.

Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

As soon as the transporter beam coalesced into a solid form on the biobed, Zero knew that she had to act quickly if she wanted to keep this patient alive.  No matter how much it pained her to see Jiseth in such a state, she had to put it to one side.  The clamshell of the biobed closed, beeping as it signaled that it was ready.

"I need a hypo of Cordrazine!" she barked out to whoever was standing around, keying in a compression field for the wound to her girlfriend's abdomen.

"Please, Jiseth, if you are able to hear me, please hold on!"

[Sickbay]

"On it." The Doctor commented back hoping off of the biobed he grabbed exactly what Zero asked for and handed it to her. "Sorry Doc, duty calls. What else can I do ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Today at 3:08 am

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Mission Archives-
Jump to: